The Other Bob ... Bob Seger Anyone?

The Cat 3

http://www.bobseger.com/wp-content/themes/bobseger2013/images/seger-logo.png

So, I started another music listening marathon today.

This time with the music of the mighty Bob Seger.

It dawned on me that I really don't recall his name or music being mentioned here.

I've been a big fan of his music ever since "Live Bullet" came out, way back in 1976.

And have been so ever since.

Anyone else here share my love for Bob Seger's music?

http://queenbeetickets.com/content/uploaded/bob-seger.jpg

• Like 1

Me, a LOT.

Seen him 3Xs, the last time being March 30 of this year and the first was some time in the 70s when he opened for someone though I can't remember who (if you remember much of the 70s, you weren't really there LOL). I do know his only big songs at the time were Ramblin Gamblin Man and 2+2=?. The second time was '87 in Seattle and the most recent was The Rose Garden in Portland (Joe Walsh opened.....fukk yeah!). Bob still sounds REALLY good live.

I was never the biggest fan, but my wife is so I took her to see him when he came to Nashville on the latest tour. I had heard his voice was shot, but he put on a great show and the voice was awesome. He played nothing but killer-no-filler all night and blew the roof off the place. Great live show.

I saw him in Boston a very long time ago......I think he is very talented . I have alot but not all of his CD"S. I thought he had throat cancer years ago but it was just a rumor.

Bob Seger was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March of 2004, He has sold more than 50 million albums, with 11 platinum and seven multi-platinum titles,.

I need to give him a good listen. The classic rock station in my hometown would play Bob Seger about three or four times during their "45 Minutes of continuous classic hits", so that turned me off from him a bit. Not completely! Like I said, I just need to give him a good listen. What I have heard I do like for the most part. :)

Having lived in Detroit during it's "Golden Age of Rock and Roll" (late '60's early '70s) I listened to a lot of Seger, and still do. Mostly the early stuff (The Last Heard, and The Bob Seger System). The Spastic Rock stations only play the SIlver Bullet Band material, which while ok, doesn't really show Bob at his rocking best.

His first album, originally released as "The Bob Seger System'" but then renamed "Ramblin' Gamblin Man" is an absolute must listen, and right from the jump. "Ramblin's" in your face drum intro is a sure sign of some killer Deeetroit R&R. I wore out two vinyl copies, and my third CD copy is starting to go skippy on me.

Bob and the System even had a part in wrecking a shopping mall's grand opening in July of 1968! The management of Oakland Mall in Troy, MI thought holding a concert in the mall's parking lot would be bring folks in to shop at the stores. So, they bring in The Rationals, Savage Grace, The Amboy Dukes (with da Nuge!) and Bob to close the show. BIG mistake- instead of the shopping public, they ended up with carloads of fans rocking out. Lines of cars clogging up 14 Mile Road and the exits off I-75, and every parking spot taken. By the time The System hit the stage the crowd was "around 20,000", and the moron that thought up this brilliant idea "caught hell" from the malls management. Hmm-typical early Seger.

Definitely check out Seger's early music, it'll kick your ass!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Having lived in Detroit during it's "Golden Age of Rock and Roll" (late '60's early '70s) I listened to a lot of Seger, and still do. Mostly the early stuff (The Last Heard, and The Bob Seger System). The Spastic Rock stations only play the SIlver Bullet Band material, which while ok, doesn't really show Bob at his rocking best.

His first album, originally released as "The Bob Seger System'" but then renamed "Ramblin' Gamblin Man" is an absolute must listen, and right from the jump. "Ramblin's" in your face drum intro is a sure sign of some killer Deeetroit R&R. I wore out two vinyl copies, and my third CD copy is starting to go skippy on me.

Bob and the System even had a part in wrecking a shopping mall's grand opening in July of 1968! The management of Oakland Mall in Troy, MI thought holding a concert in the mall's parking lot would be bring folks in to shop at the stores. So, they bring in The Rationals, Savage Grace, The Amboy Dukes (with da Nuge!) and Bob to close the show. BIG mistake- instead of the shopping public, they ended up with carloads of fans rocking out. Lines of cars clogging up 14 Mile Road and the exits off I-75, and every parking spot taken. By the time The System hit the stage the crowd was "around 20,000", and the moron that thought up this brilliant idea "caught hell" from the malls management. Hmm-typical early Seger.

Definitely check out Seger's early music, it'll kick your ass!

:goodone: Great story!

I wish he didnt write Old Time Rock n roll...that song annoys me to no end...but i like his other hits..dont own any of his stuff, but the guy rocks, no doubt.