What have your VIP seats been like ?

Hakky2112

I get to pick up my VIP seat next week at the Vancouver BC show.

I am totally curious if not dying and salivating to know how people’s experiences have been with these VIP seats in various cities. Sometimes market demand per city is different, right?

I got my seat transaction confirmed in under 30 seconds, so I am hoping for 1st dibs, seems safe to presume IMO.

Will I get front row again??

Has anyone got front row from VIP?

Its based on order/confirmation time, but a bit of a crap shoot I think depending on the city. For Newark we did VIP only when it became clear I wasnt going to score anything very good for less $$, so ordered them 2 hours after they went on sale. Pleasently surprised to get row 7. For Hamilton on this leg, I was ready to rock & roll the second they went on sale...but the order didnt get thru for a few minutes, still thought maybe row 2-4 as my confirmation was at only 8 minutes after they went on sale. Was bummed when I opened the envelope and go row...8. Still good seats and an awesome show but the Hamilton VIP seats did sell out quickly. Neither of my CA VIP experiences beat my Time Machine Syracuse seats in 2010, just luck I guess but ended up in row 4 with just a standard Ticketmaster purchase. Lets hope after a year or so beak we all get the chance to buy tickets for the next tour! Edited by Stan Getz
  • Like 1

Thanks for your stories, SG. :D-13:

Got a single just for me for the Washington DC show on 1st leg (the second show of the tour after NH). Got in seconds after the virtual ticket window opened up. Got 3rd row right in front of Geddy. I am a guitar player who worships Alex so I would have preferred to be on the other side, but was stoked to be 3rd row.
  • Like 1

Two tickets front row???? WOW there is hope!!!! WOOHOO

Ya, I got the purchase right away, somehow my refresh caught that window/tab before others would open up for me. Transaction stamp was 12:00:30, cannot wait!

I am totally curious if not dying and salivating to know how people’s experiences have been with these VIP seats in various cities. Sometimes market demand per city is different, right?

I got my seat transaction confirmed in under 30 seconds, so I am hoping for 1st dibs, seems safe to presume IMO.

All reports have been excellent! My checkout for Hamilton was 12:04 and I was 4th row just Geddy of center. For Grand Rapids I bought my VIP ticks the day after they went on sale and was still 8th row dead center.... I have seen lots of front, 2nd & 3rd row, center seats handed out at the VIP Nation ticket window... If you checked out within a minute or two, I'd be surprised if you're not within 5 rows or better.... Rock ON!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202013%20Hamilton%20ONT%20%206%20July/IMG_3827_zps9b1afc04.jpg

• Like 1

I got a single for the Tinley Park show and also for the Grand Rapids show. I submitted both orders within a minute during the presales. Ended up in the front row directly in front of Alex at both shows!!
  • Like 1

OMG!!! You guys are stoking the fire of my big steel wheels!!!!

Unreal!!! I think it'll happen! This is awesome feedback!

• Like 1

I did 3 VIP tickets this tour all with VIP NATION and I was front row center for 2 of them and front row directly in front of Alex for the last show.

I will always, always, always do VIP Nation if possible. The first two transactions clocked in under less than a minute - the last ticket for Halifax had a different presale password that wasn't public - so I was SCRAMBLING hard to find the password. I ended up purchasing at 12:20 and was put directly in front of Alex.

If you get your time stamp at 30 seconds after the gate opened, I betcha you will be direct front row center like I was. Enjoy!!!!

Edited by xmac
  • Like 1

Xmac, thanks for yet further affirmation that next week's concert will be another epic for me-- And this album has outdone all others, like I say at each release....but it never decreases being true, and CA is even oodles better than S+A. I've been listening to CA every day for over a year! WOOHOO Cant wait to share my glee.

Xmac, thanks for yet further affirmation that next week's concert will be another epic for me-- And this album has outdone all others, like I say at each release....but it never decreases being true, and CA is even oodles better than S+A. I've been listening to CA every day for over a year! WOOHOO Cant wait to share my glee.

Hey Hakky! You should fare really well! I did VIP for three out of four shows this leg with quick checkouts and got 1st and 2nd rows Geddy, and a 3rd row Alex! VIP is the way to go if you can afford it!

• Like 1

Like the others have said, if you're quick on the draw you'll most likely be front row. I did the VIP gamble for the Nashville show this year. Bought 2 tickets and landed right on target...a little to the right of Alex (about 5 seats away from dead center)...Enjoy!

Edm, sweet! I have more confidence now too! Thanks for your vote!

So? How were your seats? Hope they ROCKED!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Shoreline/Rush07Shoreline008.jpg

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Got to the ticket window trembling and anticipating,

slowly opened the envelope......

ROW 1 SEAT # 12 Alex !!!!

Then, the banner got home on the front row railing and is the 1st photo on the official site:

http://photos.rush.com/Rush2013/Vancouver/30760841_cgKzB4#!i=2659578958&k=cdgqBTs

Was soo fun, now I have to find my lost phone....and my voice too I guess.

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Got to the ticket window trembling and anticipating,

slowly opened the envelope......

ROW 1 SEAT # 12 Alex !!!!

Then, the banner got home on the front row railing and is the 1st photo on the official site:

http://photos.rush.c...78958&k=cdgqBTs

Was soo fun, now I have to find my lost phone....and my voice too I guess.

Glad to hear you got front row!... I knew you would!....what an awesome experience! :ebert: