Dave Matthews found stranded on side of road by fan

calirush

Very cool story. That's the perfect context to meet famous people, I think. An authentic context where the fan gets to see that most of the time, when they can be, stars are just regular people going about their business.

I love this story. Good for Dave Matthews. A few small gestures by Dave gave this girl the experience of a lifetime and a great story the rest of her life.

I immediately thought of Neil and what if this had happened to him? His own personal hell. Being stuck in the car with a lifelong Rush fan. My guess is he would have played the "I'm not Neil but I get that all the time" card

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

If you read Far and Away, he was actually in a somewhat similar situation...he was incredibly gracious and did the same thing...invited the folks to the show. I'm sure you are probably jesting about Neil, but he's not a prick.
  • Like 5

I wouldn't have recognized him (though I've heard his 2 songs, the fast one and the slow one). So I'd have probably left him there.
  • Like 2

This story would have been so much cooler if it was about somebody other than Dave Matthews. :yes: :P

Ah, I jest - I have nothing against him or his music... in fact, I have no opinion about him whatsoever. :no:

Hell of a musician and songwriter, even if it's not your cup of tea. As for me, I dig the music but not his voice.

If you read Far and Away, he was actually in a somewhat similar situation...he was incredibly gracious and did the same thing...invited the folks to the show. I'm sure you are probably jesting about Neil, but he's not a prick.

Yeah, I remember Neil posting about his motorcycle troubles...in Arizona was it?

I wouldn't have recognized him (though I've heard his 2 songs, the fast one and the slow one). So I'd have probably left him there.

Yeah, I have no clue about this guy and he looks like he could be anyone.

Yeah, I have no clue about this guy and he looks like he could be anyone.

http://carolynsdmbcastle.homestead.com/WinnDixie_07.jpg He was in "Because of Winn Dixie"

Dave Matthews Band has soared to one of my favorites, and Dave has had a significant influence on my own playing and singing as of late.. Saw this earlier today and thought how f***ing cool it must have been to be them.

This story would have been so much cooler if it was about somebody other than Dave Matthews. :yes: :P

Ah, I jest - I have nothing against him or his music... in fact, I have no opinion about him whatsoever. :no:

Hell of a musician and songwriter, even if it's not your cup of tea. As for me, I dig the music but not his voice.

Yup, I HATE his voice! Everybody I work with loves him, and they can't understand how a Rush fan can complain about a guy's voice! ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember Neil posting about his motorcycle troubles...in Arizona was it?

He has troubles all OVER the place. Ha!!