Anyone Noticed The Retrospective 2 Tour? (spoilers)

Sgt.D

So I picked up a copy of Retrospective 2 recently and have been spinning it while I work. I can't help feel I'm listening to the soundtrack for the current tour? I never really listen to compilations but this one kinda fell to me and it really stands out reminding me of the show last year. I usually kind of let go of the bands music prior to my planned show trips, I barely listened to CA before the show hoping to let the live experience sink it in, but this year I'm engulfing myself in a sort of "all Rush all the time" vibe. I've got CA in my car, Power Windows in my truck, and this Retrospective 2 in my work vehicle. I'm choosing to go all in this time, complete immersion, enjoying the soundtrack of my life with my favorite band ever! I've even got the CA audio book on deck for the four day road trip to my pair of shows in a few weeks. I just really noticed how much that compilation cd mirrors the show. Anyone else noticed this? By the way, I love that era and the show this year. They have brought so many different songs to us on the last three tours its just incredible! Thanks guys.
  • Like 2

Eh...maybe a little...it DOES seem to come from that era, though...

I DO agree that it's great that they've mixed it up over the past several tours...you can't fault them for sticking to one specific setlist!

Big Money

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Time Stand Still

Mystic Rhythms

The Analaog Kid

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

The Body Electric

Mission

Limelight

Red Sector A

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

Force Ten

Oddly, except for New World Man (last played on the Vapor Trails tour) And Mission (Snakes and Arrows) those have all been covered over the last two tours

Big Money

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Time Stand Still

Mystic Rhythms

The Analaog Kid

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

The Body Electric

Mission

Limelight

Red Sector A

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

Force Ten

Oddly, except for New World Man (last played on the Vapor Trails tour) And Mission (Snakes and Arrows) those have all been covered over the last two tours

"Mystic Rhythms" has not been covered either, and "Distant Early Warning" has not been played since the 2007 leg of the Snakes And Arrows tour, but I guess the guys must really like this compilation!

Edited by GeddysMullet

Big Money

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Time Stand Still

Mystic Rhythms

The Analog Kid

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

The Body Electric

Mission

Limelight

Red Sector A

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

Force Ten

"Mystic Rhythms" has not been covered either, and "Distant Early Warning" has not been played since the 2007 leg of the Snakes And Arrows tour, but I guess the guys must really like this compilation!

Good catch!

Missed that one.

Big Money

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Time Stand Still

Mystic Rhythms

The Analaog Kid

Distant Early Warnings

Marathon

The Body Electric

Mission

Limelight

Red Sector A

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

Force Ten

Thank you

It does seem like a setlist that could easily replace the rest of the show (rest meaning other than CA songs)