OT - Cheap Trick - Where are we again?

clem

So I just got back from seeing Cheap Trick in Austin (great show btw), and I was close enough to the stage to where I could see a sheet of paper taped to the stage right by Rick Neilsen's mic stand. The paper said, in big bold letters ., Austin,Texas which I found quite hilarious. I'm guessing this is so when he says "good evening" to the crowd, he can remember where he his.

So, before somebody yells at me and tells me I'm posting this in the wrong forum, I'll turn it into a Rush topic: Has anyone ever been to a show where Geddy forgot where he was? Addressed a crowd by the wrong city?

Ever been to any other show, where any other band has done something similar?

Clem.

• Like 1

I've seen the Blue Man Group and they brought a person up from the crowd to read a sheet of paper. The guy read the paper "This is the Blue Man Group and we love insert city here and we hope to be back soon"

"

Edited by billybobjoe1881

Geddy has always been aware Rush playing in Cleveland, :P when they play at Blossom (Cuyahoga Falls) Geddy usually will say hello Ohio!!!... I think he could get away with just fine saying Cleveland or more technical, Akron. :LOL: I do remember many years ago Fleetwood Mac playing Richfield Coliseum Scene magazine complained in concert review that coked up Stevie Nicks kept forgetting where they were playing and thanking the crowd as Cincinnati Edited by softfilter

While it is fun to poke at musicians for this, I could easily see it being easy to forget which city I was in while on tour and suddenly having to remember that city in front of the paying audience. It would only have to happen once before I looked for a way to keep from embarrassing the band and the fans that way again.

However, Geddy being the good and ultrapolite fellow that he is would probably have actually died on stage if this ever happened to him. The shame would be to much for his Canadian blood to take. Plus, these days there is probably somebody shouting into his ear monitor which city to say. (Or, I bet it actually is on the monitor that scrolls lyrics.)

It did happen to Geddy once way back. He spoke about it in an interview but if I know Geddy like I think I know Geddy, he made sure it never happened again!!

Once place he never forgets though.. HELLO T.O.!!!!! ;)

Actually yes. I saw Rush on R30 at the Clark County Ampitheater, which is in Ridgefield, WA. Ridgefield/Vancouver WA is pretty much part of the portland metropolitan area. Geddy said "Hello Oregon!" obviously most of the people at the concert were from Oregon, but techincally he was wrong

Cheap trick. "Gonna Raise Hell" is their best song! IMO.

AGHHHHH I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THAT ONE LIVE. >.< hahaha

niiiiice pick!!

Cheap trick? ALWAYS a good choice ;)

Actually yes. I saw Rush on R30 at the Clark County Ampitheater, which is in Ridgefield, WA. Ridgefield/Vancouver WA is pretty much part of the portland metropolitan area. Geddy said "Hello Oregon!" obviously most of the people at the concert were from Oregon, but techincally he was wrong

Basically this happens every time they play Sleep Country Amp (formerly known as the Clark County Amp). Seen them 4 times there and IIRC he's said "Hello Oregon" each time.

Cheap trick. "Gonna Raise Hell" is their best song! IMO.

AGHHHHH I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THAT ONE LIVE. >.< hahaha

niiiiice pick!!

Cheap trick? ALWAYS a good choice ;)

Their latest concert is playing on DirectV now and again. I recorded it. I can send a copy or if you have DirectV, search their web site for the next showing.

My recording is not the complete show. They never show all of it on TV.