****THRASH ALERT**** HAVOK - new album Unnatural Selection

treeduck

I mean, thrash had thrash clones in the 80s (testament are a dulled metallica), so all these new groups are even funnier

You had me until the Testament comment. One is pure heavy metal, and the other is pure thrash. Not to mention Testament's lead guitar is driven more by melodic and jazz composition than most bands of the era. They sound alike at times to be sure, but to say that Testament is a "dulled Metallica" is a bit of a disservice.

first two testament records are thrash in my book. I always thought chuck billy sounded like a goofier james hetfield, some agree and some don't. skolnick's a master guitarist but I'll take metallica's early output any day of the week

I have nothing against testament, I'll be seeing them in august with anthrax and slayer, but ever since I heard my dad's cassette of practice what you preach, I've thought they had a strong metallica similarity.

"Testament are a dulled Metallica"

Bull. Shit.

• Like 1

I don't hear much similarities in Testament and Metallica. So I don't get how they would be a duller version of them. Other than the thrash label which Testament still very clearly is there's not much in common with their songwriting and vocals. Metallica is only a part time thrash band and Testament's last four albums easily beat anything Metallica has done since the black album.

I say this as someone who's a big Metallica fan but they wish they were as good of a thrash band as Testament is.

I don't hear much similarities in Testament and Metallica. So I don't get how they would be a duller version of them. Other than the thrash label which Testament still very clearly is there's not much in common with their songwriting and vocals. Metallica is only a part time thrash band and Testament's last four albums easily beat anything Metallica has done since the black album.

I say this as someone who's a big Metallica fan but they wish they were as good of a thrash band as Testament is.

I'll agree that new testament is better tha new metallica. some guys tuning their instruments is better than new metallica. I still think formation and dark roots are pretty average records though. overkill and voivod are really the only old school thrash bands that still excite me when they put out a new record

I'll agree that new testament is better tha new metallica. some guys tuning their instruments is better than new metallica. I still think formation and dark roots are pretty average records though. overkill and voivod are really the only old school thrash bands that still excite me when they put out a new record

You're in luck then... I'll be interviewing Voivod in a few weeks!

• Like 1