****THRASH ALERT**** HAVOK - new album Unnatural Selection

treeduck

My copy has arrived!

Much earlier than I expected!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Any good?

I've not listened to it yet, I didn't see it when I got home and I didn't find it till about 8ish! It's still in it's wrap!

My copy has arrived!

Any good?

I've not listened to it yet, I didn't see it when I got home and I didn't find it till about 8ish! It's still in it's wrap!

What???? What???? Get that fokker in the stereo right NOW!!!! :haz:

My copy has arrived!

Any good?

I'll probably just leave it in the wrap for now!

I'm too busy with Blackwater Park and of course it's the deluxe two disc edition! :guitar: :NP: :blaze: :haz:

My copy has arrived!

Any good?

I'm too busy with Blackwater Park and of course it's the deluxe two disc edition! :guitar: :NP: :blaze: :haz:

Forget Opeth, time to cause some Havok!!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

My copy has arrived!

Any good?

Forget Opeth, time to cause some Havok!!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

few things more embarrassing than new thrash acts trying their hardest to convince you they're from the 80s

Yeah, there's not much originality in modern thrash but I don't think the genre as a whole has a sound that can lead to a lot of diversity beyond what the pioneering bands of thrash did.

• Like 1

few things more embarrassing than new thrash acts trying their hardest to convince you they're from the 80s

Yeah, there's not much originality in modern thrash but I don't think the genre as a whole has a sound that can lead to a lot of diversity beyond what the pioneering bands of thrash did.

good point. I'm probably asking for too much

I mean, thrash had thrash clones in the 80s (testament are a dulled metallica), so all these new groups are even funnier

You had me until the Testament comment. One is pure heavy metal, and the other is pure thrash. Not to mention Testament's lead guitar is driven more by melodic and jazz composition than most bands of the era. They sound alike at times to be sure, but to say that Testament is a "dulled Metallica" is a bit of a disservice.