Into the Wild - Jon Krakauer

barney_rebel

This guy was in my graduating class at Emory. He was part of that starry-eyed idealistic (and unrealistic) contingent you see at every university - "gonna seek inner peace and then world peace". You know the kind.
  • Like 2

This guy was in my graduating class at Emory. He was part of that starry-eyed idealistic (and unrealistic) contingent you see at every university - "gonna seek inner peace and then world peace". You know the kind.

Ghandi? ;) I enjoyed the book. Easy read, interesting story.

Edited by goose

I first read it when it came out in what...'97 and loved it, read it multiple times. It's a well written, good story and I've given copies to friends and recommending it many times.

I've done some internet research about the cause of his death and although Krakauers theory is interesting, from what I've gathered it's not completely accurate and what really did him in was simple starvation due to lack of food, not alkaloids in seeds or whatever the theory is.

CM did some really amazing things and had a really adventurous life but his downfall was just a big f**k up on his part.

Krakauer is a good writer and as someone else mentioned check out Into Thin Air (another I've read multiple times) and then there is Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey Of Pat Tillman which is really good although towards the end he starts throwing in his political opinions which I'm sure not everyone will agree with.

This is a great story.... totally digging it. Beautifully written.

It's one of those books I always knew I "should" read. I've always wanted to read it. I actually bought it at a book fair a couple years back and it's been sitting on the shelf. Love my commitment? haha Okay, moving it to the top of the list!

This is a great story.... totally digging it. Beautifully written.

It's one of those books I always knew I "should" read. I've always wanted to read it. I actually bought it at a book fair a couple years back and it's been sitting on the shelf. Love my commitment? haha Okay, moving it to the top of the list!

Dude, I have read 4 books since completing it :D