products you endorse and products you wouldn't recommend

Endorse: Asus laptops, you get a lot for your money if you're looking to do more than use microsoft office and surf the net, customer service is great and they last a long time.

Wouldn't recommend: Sony or HP computers. They're expensive coasters. HP laptops double as cooking appliances.

• Like 2

I love Tide Pods for doing laundry. Never again will I have to measure out the liquid in the cap, then rinse the cap thoroughly so the excess doesn't run down the bottle, making the bottle a sticky mess.

However, I tried the Cascade Pods for my dishwasher. I do not like them. They leave a sandy, chalky residue on anything that might be close to the interior wall of the dishwasher. After this batch is gone, I'm switching back to the Cascade gel.

The Finish dishwasher pods are awesome. :yes:

For wood - furniture, interior trim, whatever - Murphy's Oil Soap is the tried-and-true best thing ever. It's great for rehabbing older pieces that have seen a lot of wear.

Wouldn't recommend: Sony or HP computers. They're expensive coasters. HP laptops double as cooking appliances.

And I just ordered a HP laptop the other day...

I haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I'll find out about the "cooking appliance" aspect soon enough. The overheating can't be as bad as my Toshiba Satellite. I had to get a USB cooling fan for it because it was so uncomfortable.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

I think "Pace" salsa is the best I've eaten. Paul Newman's is fine but lacks the punch that Pace has.

cholula hot sauce > franks red hot

It's much better. I also like Valentina, but the one I use the most is Dave's Insanity Ghost :drool:

You really like it hot if you like Dave's Insanity sauce!

• Like 1

I haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I'll find out about the "cooking appliance" aspect soon enough. The overheating can't be as bad as my Toshiba Satellite. I had to get a USB cooling fan for it because it was so uncomfortable.

What graphics card is in it? If it's got 256mb or lower you should be okay.

I'm not sure, and I can't find the info online. The card is an Intel HD Graphics 4000, if that tells you anything. I don't game and I'm just planning on using it for general stuff (internet, iTunes, Microsoft Office, etc) so I didn't really pay much attention to the graphics card specifications.

I'm not sure, and I can't find the info online. The card is an Intel HD Graphics 4000, if that tells you anything. I don't game and I'm just planning on using it for general stuff (internet, iTunes, Microsoft Office, etc) so I didn't really pay much attention to the graphics card specifications.

HD 4000 should be fine. It's not that powerful (not that weak either). I've seen several more powerful models (512mb, 1gb and 2gb graphics cards) all heat up while idling on the desktop. Most notably out guitarist was unfortunate enough to have the latter which resulted in semi-yearly trips to the shop to replace the heat sync. We could use nothing but windows sound recorder for a few hours and the surface would be enough to make a piece of toast pretty crispy (which we did at one point -- it made for a crappy snack mid jam session).

If you ever get worried about temperature, download speccy to monitor it. The temperature is colour coded. You only need to worry at red.

• Like 1

I think "Pace" salsa is the best I've eaten. Paul Newman's is fine but lacks the punch that Pace has.

Pace, seriously? Try some of the smaller brands like Desert Pepper or something like that. We usually make our own salsa, but in a pinch, I will buy Desert Pepper XXX Habanero or Salsa Diablo. The best "larger batch" salsa I have had out of a jar was Herdez.

ILs - I brought some of our homemade salsa to your place before the concert last fall - right?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Pace, seriously? Try some of the smaller brands like Desert Pepper or something like that. We usually make our own salsa, but in a pinch, I will buy Desert Pepper XXX Habanero or Salsa Diablo. The best "larger batch" salsa I have had out of a jar was Herdez.

ILs - I brought some of our homemade salsa to your place before the concert last fall - right?

Well, I've only ever had Pace, Newman, and Tostito's, as far as I can remember. Newman's didn't have the "kick". Tostitos' is also good, but after trying Pace, I loved it right away.

Well, I've only ever had Pace, Newman, and Tostito's, as far as I can remember. Newman's didn't have the "kick". Tostitos' is also good, but after trying Pace, I loved it right away.

If you like it - don't try the smaller brands (like Desert Pepper), you won't like it for long :)

I cannot recommend Oppo products high enough. Fantastic quality, value for money and customer service second to none.

Worst customer service Microsoft definitely.

Endorse: Asus laptops, you get a lot for your money if you're looking to do more than use microsoft office and surf the net, customer service is great and they last a long time.

Agree about Asus, great company that wants to please.

:yes: It was very good. :)

I have two vehicles that are not particularly fuel efficient. One of them is a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, with a 5.3 liter V8. It does get 15 mpg around town, which isn't bad for a truck of that size which can tow a house. My other car is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. That has a 400 horsepower 6.0 liter V8, and gets between 16 & 17 mpg. With gas prices on the way up, I decided to get a little run around car that would be easier on fuel, and to save wear and tear on the two more expensive vehicles. So, last December, I bought a 2012 Chevy Sonic. The sticker was just under $17,000, and I got it for $14,500 with 0% financing for 5 years. I got the optional 1.4 liter turbo. It was an extra $700, but it gets better gas milage and has more power than the stock 1.8 liter. I was hoping to get 30 mpg with it, but now that the engine is broken in, we are getting 35 mpg or better AROUND TOWN! :banana: And note, this little Sonic will do 0-60 in under 8 seconds, so it isn't a little pig. It's fun to drive! It also doesn't feel cheap. The car has a very solid feel to it, and the suspension is great! If you are looking for a decent little car that is fun to drive, reliable, and cheap to operate, you can't go wrong with this car.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/sonic_zpse5c9f400.jpg

Edited by ILSnwdog

Have any of you tried El Pinto's salsa before? It's a local restaurant that makes some of the best world renowned salsa, I think. They ship off their website http://www.elpinto.com/ if anyone's interested in trying some amazing salsa!

I recommend Doctor Dave's Vanilla Enema.... stay away from the chocolate.

I prefer the Mango enema myself. :banana:

Endorse: Merrell shoes are THE BEST, especially for fat bastards, like me, who need a shoe that will hold up when walking long distances and hiking. The come in wide sizes and are waterproof. They are VERY comfortable.

Don't Endorse: New Balance shoes don't last very long in tough conditions.

Don't Endorse: Skull Candy headphones. I've had two pair, and the sound is AWESOME, but they're simply not durable. On the first pair, the buds broke apart, and on a second set, of a different type, something happened where I can talk on a phone call. But, they still sound good, to be fair.

Endorse: Boxer Briefs, especially the ones made with wicking material. I never knew what real comfort was, until I wore these.

Don't Endorse: Cotton Briefs. When these get soaking wet, with sweat, in the summer, it is awful.

Endorse: South Carolina Gamecocks.

Don't Endorse: cLIMPson Tigers, Jawja Bulldogs, Tennessee Volunteers, Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers(although they have the Ludwig Von Mises institute, so all isn't bad).

Endorse: Mountains

Don't endorse: Beaches, unless mountains are really close.

Endorse: Scenic back roads

Don't endorse: congested freeways

Don't Endorse: Coleman 12v cooler. Why? The 12 cigarette plug-in will melt, and will blow the fuse in your car/truck and ruin the cooler. This is junk.

I recommend this honey mustard recipe (if you like restaurant honey mustard dressing, this is what you want!):

1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing!)

3 Tbsp honey

2 Tbsp yellow mustard

Mix well and use on salads, with fries, on wings...whatever you like honey mustard with. I cannot find anything in the grocery stores that doesn't taste like sweetened dijon mustard. This is the real deal!

And I concur on the Frank's Red Hot! I mix with ranch dressing to spice it up!

This better be good. I just made a salad and I am going to try this. I will let you know what I think. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy!

I'm very off Chevy. The last two cars we've had from Chevrolet have been terrible - we're still driving one. The first one I traded in on my Toyota Tacoma (highly endorsed and recommended - why didn't I but one of these 20 years ago??? :doh: ) The second one we're still driving. We obeyed the "replace engine" light at 56k miles and replaced the engine. I think we've spent enough on the car to have bought it twice over. I refer to it as the PoS model.

We're just starting the new car shopping process. Not sure what we're going to get, but it will *not* be a Chevy.

I'm very off Chevy. The last two cars we've had from Chevrolet have been terrible - we're still driving one. The first one I traded in on my Toyota Tacoma (highly endorsed and recommended - why didn't I but one of these 20 years ago??? :doh: ) The second one we're still driving. We obeyed the "replace engine" light at 56k miles and replaced the engine. I think we've spent enough on the car to have bought it twice over. I refer to it as the PoS model.

We're just starting the new car shopping process. Not sure what we're going to get, but it will *not* be a Chevy.

I would definitely buy a Honda or something else that gets super, duper, gas mileage. No telling what the gas prices will be in the future.
  • Like 1