Why do Marillion sing about sad jesters?? [Does Hatchet Pete wear long johns painted harlequin style with his wife's nail polish??

treeduck

Each to his own. I prefer the passion of Hogarth's voice. Fish does NOTHING for me.

None of them do anything for me they BOTH suck and so does the band! :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

Nearly as tiresome as Goob & VT.....nearly. THAT close. You big Mary.

:hi: Mine makes more sense though. If any normal person hated an album the way Goobs portrays himself to do on here, I seriously doubt he or she could have any positive interest in the band at all. It just isn't logical. As for me, well I just don't like any Marillion at all, Fish-era or even-fishier-era. :NP:

Hating all eras of Marillion makes no sense. None at all. Zip. You crazy, like coconut nuts.

I find Marillion tuneless and flat, and Fish's singing voice is good example of what I mean. He talks the lyrics, he brays it out like a bad stage actor on an off night or a donkey with it's balls stuck in a cactus! He cackles the lyrics like a taunting jester! :joker: I prefer singers who sing and make music!

Each to his own. I prefer the passion of Hogarth's voice. Fish does NOTHING for me.

None of them do anything for me they BOTH suck and so does the band! :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

Nearly as tiresome as Goob & VT.....nearly. THAT close. You big Mary.

:hi: Mine makes more sense though. If any normal person hated an album the way Goobs portrays himself to do on here, I seriously doubt he or she could have any positive interest in the band at all. It just isn't logical. As for me, well I just don't like any Marillion at all, Fish-era or even-fishier-era. :NP:

Hating all eras of Marillion makes no sense. None at all. Zip. You crazy, like coconut nuts.

I find Marillion tuneless and flat, and Fish's singing voice is good example of what I mean. He talks the lyrics, he brays it out like a bad stage actor on an off night or a donkey with it's balls stuck in a cactus! He cackles the lyrics like a taunting jester! :joker: I prefer singers who sing and make music!

Nuts. Ohhhhh hazelnuts, Cadbury's take them and they cover them in CHOCOLATE!

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKJ7QxKuB4gg&ei=0kmjUaLOC6m57AbeqIDYDg&usg=AFQjCNGVbMCS15zho0kiXi6nizxIGV7yDA&sig2=wO92odjy28cfZZU8gT5DcQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.ZGU

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

neo prog rules, hair metal DROOLS, come at me motherf**kers

http://youtu.be/G3DJhwAhrjY

You f*ckin' love it, and you know it.

This song still holds up. Maybe because it's kind of a Zep ripoff, but still...

(I said "still" twice.)

(Put a different link to the video in my quote. The one you posted isn't available for viewing in my country. Rude!)

neo prog rules, hair metal DROOLS, come at me motherf**kers

http://youtu.be/G3DJhwAhrjY

You f*ckin' love it, and you know it.

This song still holds up. Maybe because it's kind of a Zep ripoff, but still...

(I said "still" twice.)

(Put a different link to the video in my quote. The one you posted isn't available for viewing in my country. Rude!)

How rude is that! Some people.

Early Marillion came along just at the right time when Prog was floundering, which brings me to Fish. Fish has never been the greatest vocalist but he squeezes so much emotion and power into his admittedly theatrical delivery that he was the antidote to the loss of Gabriel to the Prog World. He may have rewritten Suppers Ready with Grendel but that's as far as it got with plagiarism. The debut album was a sensation at the time as unique, exciting and refreshing as only the greatest debut albums can be and I don't think they ever bettered it. The later Fish-era albums were fine but the hard edge that gave Script its gritty, though poetic, realism was lost and I think they immediately became less relevant and in retrospect I'm not surprised the band imploded. There's almost a punk quality to his early recorded vocal delivery that makes the emotion seem authentic whereas I find Hogarth's delivery bland and lifeless.

• Like 1

fish certainly got into it...tearing up plants and dancing around and shit

hogarth is a nice singer but his voice does nothing for me. musically, I enjoy season's end and brave, but I can't listen to H era marillion for too long without getting bored.

lame

There is nothing redeeming about them whatsoever, just awful. I'll agree with you for once dude :LOL:

whitesnake or marillion haha?

I mean, as far as the hair bands go, whitesnake is one of the better ones, but I don't like them.

lame

There is nothing redeeming about them whatsoever, just awful. I'll agree with you for once dude :LOL:

whitesnake or marillion haha?

I mean, as far as the hair bands go, whitesnake is one of the better ones, but I don't like them.

I thought you meant Whitesnake, I just don't get them. I had someone trying to convince me years ago.

Ok, I didn't mind the Coverdale Page project but that's another story.

Edited by Steevo