How to get people out of the bar when it's closing time? Play Rush!

H. P. L.

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/decibrity-playlist-saint-vitus-bar/

Now this is a funny interview by a metal bar owner, and the music he plays when it's time to go home. Includes Rush. But he comes off as a great fan.

Those who have experienced a true Rush-a-thon at Vitus should consider themselves blessed. Where else outside of Canada can you drink shitty canned beer and listen to the greatest rock trio of all time? If this goes on during closing, it’s usually strictly for my listening pleasure. I prefer ’80s Rush when working. Closing up while listening to “The Big Money” just makes sense. I never smile, but George has always said that the easiest way to make me happy is put on Rush. It also scares any and all females out of the bar.

This could tie in with the topic about "Why most Rush fans are male" of some days ago...

They recently took Lamneth and Necromancer off the jukebox at my local bar because of me..

Now I just have Hemisperes, 2112 and Xanadu if I wanna own the juke box all night! Rush does wonders for my pool game!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

good stuff! lol i really dig RUSH on the jukeboxes, it's like, you get your $$s worth! RushOn!!

They recently took Lamneth and Necromancer off the jukebox at my local bar because of me..

Now I just have Hemisperes, 2112 and Xanadu if I wanna own the juke box all night! Rush does wonders for my pool game!

update. gotta share.. lol

I'm playing pool at this same bar last weekend and I've got 2112 playing on the jukebox. as I'm lining up a shot I hear from the next table.. "MAN this tune is SICK!! what band is this??"

naturally I pipe up "dude this is RUSH! they just got in the hall of fame!" (not sure why I was bragging that they're in the hall. that's just not me but hey I was a little drunk!)

buddy goes "wow I gotta get into these guys!"

so there you have it.. our little band is still harvesting fans after 40 years.. one... at... a... time... lol

• Like 1

There is an app for smartphones called BARLINK (from AMI). If your favorite bar has their jukebox, then you can request songs, for a cost. They have most of Rush catalog at your fingertips.

It is very cool... impress your friends

http://www.amientertainment.com/mobile/

Mmccii - that is great! How often do other people at that bar put rush on the jukebox?

Almost never lol. But sometimes I get good comments when I put Rush on. and of course bad ones too! I've even seriously pissed people off by playing long rush tunes..

Sometimes the little beiber-heads will wait til I go out for a smoke and then tell the staff I left and to reset the jukebox. The waitresses know better though, they're mostly metal heads and friends with me so they just crank my Rush louder haha!

When I was in law school there was a local var that allowed you to play music from an Internet database and it didn't charge more for long songs. Well, as a poor student, I wanted my money's worth. I got 2112, Hemispheres, La Villa, the necromancer whenever I could. I'm sure I turned off more people than I turned in, but f**k it. It was still awesome.

This sounds like a Trailer Park Boys gag.http://www.straight.com/files/imagecache/wide_article/images/wide/MOV_TrailerPark2_2179.jpg

Julian: What's wrong Bubbles?

Bubbles: You guys gotta help me. The pool hall took out The Fountain of Lamneth and Necromancer out of their juke box.

Ricky: They did what?

Bubbles: I said, the pool hall took out The Fountain of Lamneth and Necromancer out of their juke box! I can't play pool without those songs! My f***ing balls are flying everywhere! I gotta get them to put those songs back in!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

This sounds like a Trailer Park Boys gag.http://www.straight.com/files/imagecache/wide_article/images/wide/MOV_TrailerPark2_2179.jpg

Julian: What's wrong Bubbles?

Bubbles: You guys gotta help me. The pool hall took out The Fountain of Lamneth and Necromancer out of their juke box.

Ricky: They did what?

Bubbles: I said, the pool hall took out The Fountain of Lamneth and Necromancer out of their juke box! I can't play pool without those songs! My f***ing balls are flying everywhere! I gotta get them to put those songs back in!

I can picture it! "Helix!?! I'm not givin anyone a fukkin R! I wanna hear That fukkin drum solo!! Do do dodo.. Blblblbl! Do do dodo blblblbl!!" Lol

It also scares any and all females out of the bar.

Weird females then. I have never been married to or been dating any women that did not like Rush.

In fact I disagree about women not liking Rush in general.

My wife went out to buy Zeppelins "Celebration Day" but came home with R-30 instead.

Great wife and many more like her out there.

• Like 1

It also scares any and all females out of the bar.

Weird females then. I have never been married to or been dating any women that did not like Rush.

In fact I disagree about women not liking Rush in general.

My wife went out to buy Zeppelins "Celebration Day" but came home with R-30 instead.

Great wife and many more like her out there.

I sometimes think I like Rush more than my husband does. We went to Atlantic City this past weekend, we had 3rd row floor and I swear a couple of times out of the corner of my eye I think I caught my hubby looking at me like I was crazy. I was going ballistic, more than my usual at a Rush show. Now he has seen me go crazy before but this was a whole other level.

:Neil: :Alex: :geddy:

You wouldn't get me off the bar stool if you played them at closing time. That is back in the days when I frequented such places. ;) And at that time, after a few drinks, I'd probably do my Geddy imitation. Now that would empty the place out. :LOL:

Chances are very good, that women that do not like Rush, would be unappealing to me on many levels.

It could be the difference maker.

I am very fortunate to be married to another Rush fan.

Yeah, playing Rush on a jukebox wouldn't get rid of this woman!

My uncle owns a bar in small-town-Wisconsin and he's a Rush fan and so he's got much more Rush music on the jukebox than a normal bar. He would never in a million years change the song from Rush if a patron asked. (He's asked me in the past to go play "good music" when some of his patrons have been playing too much country, for instance.)

I still find the whole "Rush has mostly guy fans" thing funny since the three people that I first knew were Rush fans when I was growing up were my sister and two female cousins. :)