AC/DC Flick of the Switch

hobo73

It's AC/DC so no doubt I love this album. But recently I have been terribly addicted to FOTS!!! It's so awesome.

HIGHLY recommend it!!

• Like 2

I DO like this album. I think it's highly underrated, certainly as good if not better than For Those About to Rock and better than anything since.

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

:guitar: <<<< Angus

:o Compared to FTATR? You've got to be kidding.

I DO like this album. I think it's highly underrated, certainly as good if not better than For Those About to Rock and better than anything since.

You need to give it another listen Stevie! :hail:

Dude, that is one album I actually did thrash back in the day (I even got hassles from other AC/DC fans for playing it so much, lol). I wanted to like it but, ugh, so ordinary and average compared to what came before. They never really recovered from then on imo.

Dude, that is one album I actually did thrash back in the day (I even got hassles from other AC/DC fans for playing it so much, lol). I wanted to like it but, ugh, so ordinary and average compared to what came before. They never really recovered from then on imo.

I think it's great mate!! WITH A FLICK OF THE SWITCH AKAKAKAKA KA KAA KAAAAAAA! :guitar: :NP: :haz:

I agree!! Comparable to FTATR for sure. I love everything after BIB as well. even Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip! again, that is just me- I love every AC/DC album. No duds, IMO.

I admit it took a while to grow on me, but now I am absolutely hooked lol.

Tenacious D, I like ya, buddy!! hahaha

FOTS!!!!!! :dweez: :heart: :sundog: :syrinx: :haz: and a cheeseburger for good luck! :burger:

• Like 2

I agree!! Comparable to FTATR for sure. I love everything after BIB as well. even Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip! again, that is just me- I love every AC/DC album. No duds, IMO.

FOTS!!!!!! :dweez: :heart: :sundog: :syrinx: :haz: and a cheeseburger for good luck! :burger:

Yup, love it! My favorite Johnson era album. Oh, and hobo73, I LOVE Ballbreaker and SUL! Still don't understand the hate those albums get from AC/DC fans.

:cheers: :haz: :smoke:

Yup, love it! My favorite Johnson era album. Oh, and hobo73, I LOVE Ballbreaker and SUL! Still don't understand the hate those albums get from AC/DC fans.

yeah I know- it's like you either love those albums or hate them. There are definitely cheesy tongue in cheek songs (Cover You In Oil, anyone?) but they are awesome! My favorite Johnson era album....hmm. I have to say Razors Edge. Not just because Thunderstruck is on it, but I love every song. I find it interesting my fave Johnson album is one with Chris Slade and not my beloved Phil lol

Another under rated album? Blow Up Your Video.

• Like 1

I need to get Flick... I only ever had it on cassette, and the sound was terrible, I thought.

The opening to Guns for Hire is worth the price of admission!

My favourite AC//DC album, next to Fly on the wall, I had it on cassette and album, someone stole my AC//DC albums a few years ago, when I was moving, the albums were in great condition, Like brand new, I was so pissed off AAARRR.

First off, let me say that I am not an ACDC fan. Seen them once and thought it was an ok show but nothing great. Have a bunch of their albums but don't really listen to them. That being said, I agree that Flick is an underrated album. Always thought that it was a bit underrated and really went back and listened to it a bit a few years back (again, since its an ACDC album it just wont get listened to all that much) and realized that my reaction to it many years back when i listened to ACDC a bit more than I do know was correct. It is underrated. That being said, it got put back on the shelf with the rest of my vinyl (which is actually the form that most of my music is in) and I have not listed to it much since. Not likely to either. There is just so much other music out their that I prefer to ACDC - even their good albums like this one, Back in Black, Highway to Hell and For those About to Rock. The rest of their stuff I might listen to once every 10 - 12 years. These albums might get listened to once every 4 - 5 years. I don't dislike ACDC but I just don't like them much either. Just prefer not to listen to them.

yeah I know- it's like you either love those albums or hate them. There are definitely cheesy tongue in cheek songs (Cover You In Oil, anyone?) but they are awesome! My favorite Johnson era album....hmm. I have to say Razors Edge. Not just because Thunderstruck is on it, but I love every song. I find it interesting my fave Johnson album is one with Chris Slade and not my beloved Phil lol

Cover You In Oil is miles better than The Honey Roll(one of their worst). Hail Caesar and Burnin' Alive are awesome though. The Razor's Edge is ok, but I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing Thunderstruck again. Slade is a great drummer, just not for AC/DC- he sounds like a damn drum machine and they need the groove that only Phil can lay down. BUYV is a good album that's ruined by typical shitty 80's production- same thing for Fly On The Wall.

Cover You In Oil is miles better than The Honey Roll(one of their worst). Hail Caesar and Burnin' Alive are awesome though. The Razor's Edge is ok, but I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing Thunderstruck again. Slade is a great drummer, just not for AC/DC- he sounds like a damn drum machine and they need the groove that only Phil can lay down. BUYV is a good album that's ruined by typical shitty 80's production- same thing for Fly On The Wall.

Hail Caesar if my favorite track on Ballbreaker <3

I much prefer live versions of Thunderstruck to the studio version, I have yet to hear one that doesn't give me goosebumps. But yeah, we hear it a lot haha.

Slade really didn't fit in, he sticks out like a sore thumb IMO lol

which reminds me- I need another copy of the Donington dvd. I think it'll be my....4th? >.<

First off, let me say that I am not an ACDC fan. Seen them once and thought it was an ok show but nothing great. Have a bunch of their albums but don't really listen to them. That being said, I agree that Flick is an underrated album. Always thought that it was a bit underrated and really went back and listened to it a bit a few years back (again, since its an ACDC album it just wont get listened to all that much) and realized that my reaction to it many years back when i listened to ACDC a bit more than I do know was correct. It is underrated. That being said, it got put back on the shelf with the rest of my vinyl (which is actually the form that most of my music is in) and I have not listed to it much since. Not likely to either. There is just so much other music out their that I prefer to ACDC - even their good albums like this one, Back in Black, Highway to Hell and For those About to Rock. The rest of their stuff I might listen to once every 10 - 12 years. These albums might get listened to once every 4 - 5 years. I don't dislike ACDC but I just don't like them much either. Just prefer not to listen to them.

I can always appreciate an honest answer lol and it's cool you didn't completely slam them ;) haha

I think I've said this before somewhere, but 'Flick' is Powerage's bastard son. Powerage is THE best AC/DC album IMO, but the rawness of Flick just sits nicely after the slickness of Mutt Lange produced albums. Very underrated.
  • Like 2