Sitting by the Stage

http://www.stubhub.com/rush-tickets/rush-austin-frank-erwin-events-center-23-4-2013-4229148/

Based on that seat map, would tickets close to the front of section 34 be worth buying? Is sitting next to the stage a decent alternative to sitting in front of it? I've never sat next to the stage, for any concert i've ever been to i've been in front of the stage, so I'm just curious. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Side stage is very cool.. I've sat there many times.

And yes, it is a much different perspective... you get to see what I call "The RUSH Ballet" - meaning all the footwork that goes into the show.. the triggers, samples etc that Geddy and Alex use their feet to play.

One warning though, with the current stage setup it is quite possible that depending on your angle Neil might be at least partially obstructed.

Those seats would be awesome!

They're very good, depending on the venue. If you can get within 7-10 rows up, you'll be more or less at stage level. If you know what seats they are, it makes all the difference from having an aisle seat, in between, or as close to the stage as they'll go.
  • Like 1

I sat side stage at the Dallas show on the first leg. I was kind of disappointed. I went with a friend and we eventually moved to the back end of the arena and actually enjoyed the show much more from that locale. Either way, you still get to see Rush!

I sat on the side, but fairly close, for the first leg of CA. Seats were great. It was a different POV than sitting out in front, but I still enjoyed the show a lot! :haz:

One warning though, with the current stage setup it is quite possible that depending on your angle Neil might be at least partially obstructed.

I'm not sure that that will be the case this time around, at least on Alex's side. There's a new "piece of equipment" behind him now and it looks like Neil's kit is moved slightly closer to the front of the stage. Even if not, like Rushaholic said, sitting there gives you a chance to see a lot of cool stuff that you can't see from out front.

http://www.stubhub.c...4-2013-4229148/

Based on that seat map, would tickets close to the front of section 34 be worth buying? Is sitting next to the stage a decent alternative to sitting in front of it? I've never sat next to the stage, for any concert i've ever been to i've been in front of the stage, so I'm just curious. Thanks! :)

It will be awesome, I sat on the side for TTMT. Take a look!

I'd pay $15 more to sit in section 6, looking at that map. But that's just one guy's opinion.

I'm envious that there are still that many seats to choose from, for those prices. The Cincinnati show, which is not until July, for cripe's sake, has nothing but "obstructed view" left for it, and I'm not paying $200 for that!

• Like 1

Sitting at the side of the stage can be the best seat in the house. When I saw them on the T4E tour I was in the lower bowl on Geddy's side and it was great. Got a really good view of everything he does, especially when it came to when he was on the keyboards. I was able to see how much he does while doing bass, keys and vocals all at the same time which was phenomenal to witness. Edited by J2112YYZ

Sitting at the side of the stage can be the best seat in the house. When I saw them on the T4E tour I was in the lower bowl on Geddy's side and it was great. Got a really good view of everything he does, especially when it came to when he was on the keyboards. I was able to see how much he does while doing bass, keys and vocals all at the same time which was phenomenal to witness.

Ah wow, that's exactly where I'll be! I look forward to it.