No offense, but the RRHOF is a joke!

nhlrush

I kind of agree with you. I just discovered Rush a few years ago and have fallen so in love with them.

Now days I hear their songs in commercials, see annoying pop stars wearing their shirts, etc...

The secret is obviously out. I am envious of those of you who've had more time to keep them as your little secret. I think that soon there will be a lot of people who start to give them the attention that's been heaped on other bands for so long while they've been ignored.

Oh well...

Is this not a bit hypocritical?

Why would it be?

Ya! I don't see why Gangst's comment is hypocritical... I must have missed something.

She is a latecomer to Rush complaining about latecomers to Rush. In my book, that's a bit hypocritical. I too am a latecomer to Rush (2007), and it annoys the living shit out of me when someone devalues my sincere and passionate fandom for not being as longstanding as theirs.

I will add that the majority of Rush fans that I have met do NOT feel this way, and have welcomed me instead with attitudes more like "Any Rush fan is a good Rush fan" and "Good for you for finally catching on."

I'm just waxing nostalgic, you seem to be taking it a wee (way) bit too personal. It's not new Rush fans that I don't like the idea of, I love that idea, more people for me to talk about how awesome they are.

But I think that they will be the "trendy" thing for awhile and people will hop on the bandwagon just for that, if that makes sense.

I think you are over estimating what their induction will do to their popularity.

:yes:

You're not a *real* RUSH fan!

STFU n00b! :D

• Like 1

I've been a fan since 1976... my first show was the 2112 Tour. But, I gotta say, that ol' Gangsterfurious chick from CA just might kick my ass in the hard-core, Rush fandom department!

Probably not, not at all though. I keep trying to really dig deep but consistently get distracted by the beautiful long mane, refined nose, dazzling smile, and overall god that is Geddy Lee. He is my shiny object that prevents me from being as hardcore as I like...

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

I kind of agree with you. I just discovered Rush a few years ago and have fallen so in love with them.

Now days I hear their songs in commercials, see annoying pop stars wearing their shirts, etc...

The secret is obviously out. I am envious of those of you who've had more time to keep them as your little secret. I think that soon there will be a lot of people who start to give them the attention that's been heaped on other bands for so long while they've been ignored.

Oh well...

Why would it be?

Ya! I don't see why Gangst's comment is hypocritical... I must have missed something.

She is a latecomer to Rush complaining about latecomers to Rush. In my book, that's a bit hypocritical. I too am a latecomer to Rush (2007), and it annoys the living shit out of me when someone devalues my sincere and passionate fandom for not being as longstanding as theirs.

I will add that the majority of Rush fans that I have met do NOT feel this way, and have welcomed me instead with attitudes more like "Any Rush fan is a good Rush fan" and "Good for you for finally catching on."

I'm just waxing nostalgic, you seem to be taking it a wee (way) bit too personal. It's not new Rush fans that I don't like the idea of, I love that idea, more people for me to talk about how awesome they are.

But I think that they will be the "trendy" thing for awhile and people will hop on the bandwagon just for that, if that makes sense.

BANDWAGON???

RUSH????

zOMG!! teh skyyyyyy iz fallen!!!!

• Like 1

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I think you are over estimating what their induction will do to their popularity.

Maybe, maybe not, only time will tell.

• Like 1

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I've been a fan since 1984, yo! That's almost 30 frickin' years!

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I was 1 1/2 in 1984.

:laughing guy:

I've been a fan since 1976... my first show was the 2112 Tour. But, I gotta say, that ol' Gangsterfurious chick from CA just might kick my ass in the hard-core, Rush fandom department!

Probably not, not at all though. I keep trying to really dig deep but consistently get distracted by the beautiful long mane, refined nose, dazzling smile, and overall god that is Geddy Lee. He is my shiny object that prevents me from being as hardcore as I like...

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/roflpuke.gif

• Like 1

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I was 1 1/2 in 1984.

:laughing guy:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/fawkdance.gif

• Like 1

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I understand what you're saying, but honestly, I think that the "Rush being trendy" thing started a few years ago and that the Hall of Fame induction is more a continuation or perhaps a culmination of that than the start or the escalation of anything.

Does anyone know whether other artists have gotten significant career bumps from being inducted into the Hall of Fame? I can't recall any that have, but I can't say I've paid all that much attention.

I didn't know they are trendy now. I hate bandwagons and always let them pass me by, but I know plenty of people who always hop on one because it is the thing to do.

The last Rush album that I knew before I stopped listening to music all together was Roll The Bones .

But ... why am I explaining all of this? :blink: :LOL: :hi:

Hey 73?

If you read this.. will you kindly ban NHLRush?

He caused all this!!!

Yeah.. yeah!!

I blame him!

I also blame him for the weather in Detroit SUCKING... the fact that I have a 5:30am flight home from Florida and global warming.

BAN HIM NOW!!!

:moon:

I didn't know they are trendy now. I hate bandwagons and always let them pass me by, but I know plenty of people who always hop on one because it is the thing to do.

The last Rush album that I knew before I stopped listening to music all together was Roll The Bones .

But ... why am I explaining all of this? :blink: :LOL: :hi:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/iough.gif

Oh well...

Why would it be?

I understand what you're saying, but honestly, I think that the "Rush being trendy" thing started a few years ago and that the Hall of Fame induction is more a continuation or perhaps a culmination of that than the start or the escalation of anything.

Does anyone know whether other artists have gotten significant career bumps from being inducted into the Hall of Fame? I can't recall any that have, but I can't say I've paid all that much attention.

It did start a few years ago. 2008 to be exact, when they recieved the Colbert bump.

:D

Oh well...

Why would it be?

exactly, it's not like I saw more metallica or madonna shirts out and about when they were inducted

One great thing that hopefully Rush being inducted will finally accomplish is it will stop everyone from whining about how they should turn down the award. That's such a tired argument. It will never happen, and it was never going to happen.

Yes, the RRHOF is full of shit, but them inducting Rush is a step towards legitimacy. There are about 7-10 bands left that need to get in for them to achieve full legitimacy. And whether the RRHOF is cool or not, it does give Rush some much deserved props by an organization that people take seriously - whether or not the RRHOF deserves that respect is a whole other matter, but perception is everything in the entertainment industry. I'm ecstatic that Rush is getting this kind of recognition. The fact that they were easily voted in (and were the number one fan vote) the first time the nominating committee got off their ass and nominated them shows that they have a tremendous amount of support and respect, and that's what really matters.

Even if those 7-10 bands get in, RRHOF will never achieve full legitimacy. :)

perhaps not, but at least then their roster of artists will be respectable without stunning omissions.

Now the segment of music fans and critics who tried their best to knock 'em down have "accepted" them. Rush wins.

Not really. The truth is, Rush was never even in "the game". It has always been the fans who were pushing for the induction. Not the band. The only champagne corks being popped when the announcement was made, were by the loyal fan base. So, I think a more appropriate statement would be: Rush FANS win!

One great thing that hopefully Rush being inducted will finally accomplish is it will stop everyone from whining about how they should turn down the award. That's such a tired argument. It will never happen, and it was never going to happen.

Yes, the RRHOF is full of shit, but them inducting Rush is a step towards legitimacy. There are about 7-10 bands left that need to get in for them to achieve full legitimacy. And whether the RRHOF is cool or not, it does give Rush some much deserved props by an organization that people take seriously - whether or not the RRHOF deserves that respect is a whole other matter, but perception is everything in the entertainment industry. I'm ecstatic that Rush is getting this kind of recognition. The fact that they were easily voted in (and were the number one fan vote) the first time the nominating committee got off their ass and nominated them shows that they have a tremendous amount of support and respect, and that's what really matters.

For the years leading up to this, it has been all hand-wringing, crying, and sour grapes about Rush not getting in, not to mention who did get in instead. Now we have those crying and wringing their hands about how Rush should refuse the honor. And if that weren't enough, we actually have a contingent who are upset that John Rutsey isn't included, as if the drumming on the first album was what really got them to where they are.

It will be nice once this is all over, and people can just go back to bitching about the setlist.

Neil whatever his name is, aka, the new guy.....can't hold a candle to the drumming of John Rutsey....

Every "real" rush fan knows that.....

I think we should start a campaign to kick Geddy and Alex out of Rush for pushing John out of the band.....what the hell were they thinking.....

And for the record, everything I say comes directly from Snaked, it's all his fault....rumor is, he doesn't even like Rush....

I've had the pleasure of being near him during shows and he is only singing along to every other word....what's up with that....

It's april 12, has it stopped snowing in the UP yet?

• Like 1

And for the record, everything I say comes directly from Snaked, it's all his fault....rumor is, he doesn't even like Rush....

:o

I've had the pleasure of being near him during shows and he is only singing along to every other word....what's up with that....

Singing every other word? Why, what a talent!

No mind not rent any or always yet he changes permanent change!

• Like 3

No mind not rent any or always yet he changes permanent change!

Being a little on the slow side, it took me sixty seconds to realize what you were doing. I thought for sure you had lost it, or I had since I was only seeing every other word.

I will use your post as a practice piece. If I don't check back in a week, look me up and see if someone checked me in at our local Psychiatric Hospital. Thanks.

• Like 2