Draft rumours are the Dolphins might trade up high to get either Fisher or Joeckel and they're not interested in Lane Johnson at number 12.

Also they're supposedly looking to use their extra 2nd and 3rd to trade back into round 1 to get the top tight end in the draft Tyler whatsit or a safety like Matt Elam.

http://www.gbnreport.../draftbuzz.html

I'm not usually a fan of trading up, but the balance has swung so far the other way in terms of value you get, and with the rookie salary scale, I'm OK with it. Of those two, I'd rather have Joeckel...I don't know if I'd have too much confidence in someone who's only faced MAC competition.

Of course, whatever you do is a function of the competence of your brain trust, and we're dealing with Ireland here.

Well it's early yet but he seems to have done ok this year, at least people think he's doing ok, and he's trying to make moves.

Draft rumours are the Dolphins might trade up high to get either Fisher or Joeckel and they're not interested in Lane Johnson at number 12.

Also they're supposedly looking to use their extra 2nd and 3rd to trade back into round 1 to get the top tight end in the draft Tyler whatsit or a safety like Matt Elam.

http://www.gbnreport.../draftbuzz.html

I'm not usually a fan of trading up, but the balance has swung so far the other way in terms of value you get, and with the rookie salary scale, I'm OK with it. Of those two, I'd rather have Joeckel...I don't know if I'd have too much confidence in someone who's only faced MAC competition.

Of course, whatever you do is a function of the competence of your brain trust, and we're dealing with Ireland here.

Well it's early yet but he seems to have done ok this year, at least people think he's doing ok, and he's trying to make moves.

All that's left to do is sign Vince Young, and we'll have a regular Dream Team. ;)

2013 Miami Dolphins schedule

September 8: at Cleveland Browns (1pm)

September 15: at Indianapolis Colts (1pm)

September 22: Atlanta Falcons (4:05pm)

September 30: at New Orleans Saints (8:40pm)

October 6: Baltimore Ravens (1pm)

October 13: Bye week

October 20: Buffalo Bills (1pm)

October 27: at New England Patriots (1pm)

October 31: Cincinnati Bengals (8:25pm)

November 11: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8:40pm)

November 17: San Diego Chargers (1pm)

November 24: Carolina Panthers (1pm)

December 1: at New York Jets (1pm)

December 8: at Pittsburgh Steelers (1pm)

December 15: New England Patriots (1pm)

December 22: at Buffalo Bills (1pm)

December 29: New York Jets (1pm)

Looks like the Fins will be signing RT Tyson Clabo and will be playing Martin at LT.

Looks like the Fins will be signing RT Tyson Clabo and will be playing Martin at LT.

The Dolphins seem to have made a lot of signings this year, that cap space must have been all used up. A lot of one year deals I assume, otherwise cap hell will suddenly loom...

The Dolphins seem to have made a lot of signings this year, that cap space must have been all used up. A lot of one year deals I assume, otherwise cap hell will suddenly loom...

I doubt that there's a lot of guaranteed money with any of these deals, so those who perform will be kept around and the others jettisoned.

I doubt that there's a lot of guaranteed money with any of these deals, so those who perform will be kept around and the others jettisoned.

Can the Fins hang with the Brady Bunch this year after all this offseason activity?

Can the Fins hang with the Brady Bunch this year after all this offseason activity?

Probably not, without the Golden Boy getting injured.

There's still a huge gap at QB between the teams (and in the coaching position too).

There's still a huge gap at QB between the teams (and in the coaching position too).

Can the Fins come to New Orleans and beat the Saints!!?? :o

Let's hope.

Although part of me hopes we go 0-16 so we can get Clowney!

Let's hope.

:LOL:

Surely with Jordan you won't need Clowney now. Maybe you should try and get Johnny Football instead! :ph34r: :smoke:

Let's hope.

Surely with Jordan you won't need Clowney now. Maybe you should try and get Johnny Football instead! :ph34r: :smoke:

Forget about Johnny Football, I want the dominant Clowney in aqua and orange, dammit!

Let's hope.

Forget about Johnny Football, I want the dominant Clowney in aqua and orange, dammit!

Some "experts" think Johnny is a flash in the pan anyway and his brand of football just won't work in the NFL.

Let's hope.

Some "experts" think Johnny is a flash in the pan anyway and his brand of football just won't work in the NFL.

I'm certainly not the most knowledgable about this but from afar it looks like he may share some of the personality traits of Ryan Leaf.

Let's hope.

I'm certainly not the most knowledgable about this but from afar it looks like he may share some of the personality traits of Ryan Leaf.

Isn't Leaf in prison now?

Let's hope.

Yeah, but he'll be out by 2019.

Let's hope.

Just in time for another try at NFL quarterbacking with a needy team like the Jaguars!

Edited by treeduck

Let's hope.

Just in time for another try at NFL quarterbacking with a needy team like the Jaguars!

Nah, they're covered...that will be just about the time Blaine Gabbert will be picking up the nuances of the NFL game.

Let's hope.

Bet RG3 is pooping himself. :scared:

Let's hope.

Nah, they're covered...that will be just about the time Blaine Gabbert will be picking up the nuances of the NFL game.

Gabbert will be picking up packs of toilet roll by then in his new role as chief stacker at his local supermarket.

Let's hope.

Bet RG3 is pooping himself. :scared:

Nah, I think you're confusing him with this guy.

Ryan Leef (born 1975) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Canadian House of Commons in the 2011 election[1] by 132 votes.[2] He represents the electoral district of Yukon as a member of the Conservative Party. He grew up in Dawson City, Yukon. He has overseen prisoners as an assistant superintendent at Whitehorse Correctional Centre.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Leef

The Miami Dolphins likely lost their shot at hosting Super Bowl L when Florida lawmakers opted not to approve a deal that would publicly fund improvements to aging Sun Life Stadium.

Could the consequences be even greater?

Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said Sunday on Miami's CBS affiliate that the team will not provide any upgrades to Sun Life Stadium without the help of public funding. The Dolphins have canceled all renovation plans and say stadium improvements cannot be made without public-private partnership.

Dee left the door open that the stadium issue could lead to the Dolphins' eventual exit from southern Florida.

"The Dolphins are one of the only franchises in the NFL that don't have a long-term lease with their community," Dee said, according to The Palm Beach Post. "At some point, somebody's going to buy the franchise from (Dolphins owner Stephen Ross), and clearly the stadium is the first thing they would need to address."

Dee focused his ire on Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford, who chose not to bring the stadium bill to a vote before the legislative session concluded Friday. That kept the decision out of the hands of Miami-Dade County voters.

Said Dee of Weatherford: "At the end of the day, this abuse of power, I believe, will follow his career for a long time."

Ross has said he doesn't plan on selling the Dolphins in the immediate future. Still, egos have been bruised in Miami. This story isn't going away.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167036/article/could-miami-dolphins-move-after-failed-stadium-bill

The Miami Dolphins likely lost their shot at hosting Super Bowl L when Florida lawmakers opted not to approve a deal that would publicly fund improvements to aging Sun Life Stadium.

Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said Sunday on Miami's CBS affiliate that the team will not provide any upgrades to Sun Life Stadium without the help of public funding. The Dolphins have canceled all renovation plans and say stadium improvements cannot be made without public-private partnership.

Dee left the door open that the stadium issue could lead to the Dolphins' eventual exit from southern Florida.

"The Dolphins are one of the only franchises in the NFL that don't have a long-term lease with their community," Dee said, according to The Palm Beach Post. "At some point, somebody's going to buy the franchise from (Dolphins owner Stephen Ross), and clearly the stadium is the first thing they would need to address."

Dee focused his ire on Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford, who chose not to bring the stadium bill to a vote before the legislative session concluded Friday. That kept the decision out of the hands of Miami-Dade County voters.

Said Dee of Weatherford: "At the end of the day, this abuse of power, I believe, will follow his career for a long time."

Ross has said he doesn't plan on selling the Dolphins in the immediate future. Still, egos have been bruised in Miami. This story isn't going away.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ed-stadium-bill

Dee and Ross are being a-holes. How is it abusing power to not fund a sports stadiums. The public should not subsidize sports stadiums one dime. The Marlins' situation, where they basically screwed over the taxpayers, didn't help either.

Dee and Ross are being a-holes. How is it abusing power to not fund a sports stadiums. The public should not subsidize sports stadiums one dime. The Marlins' situation, where they basically screwed over the taxpayers, didn't help either.

L.A. Dolphins? :huh:

naa Miami's weather will always keep the Dolphins there...

L.A. Dolphins? :huh:

naa Miami's weather will always keep the Dolphins there...

If the Philadelphia Eagles have a repeat of last year, Mr. Lurie will be off out West with the franchise. I think it'll be "L.A. Eagles" !!