Official 2013 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

So no one is sad that it's Mo's (Mariano Rivera of the NY Yankees) last season before retiring? He sure had a great run there....I still miss Jorge the catcher! Jeter is next!! :boohoo: :boohoo:

Okay, where are the Yankee haters?

:scared: :scared:

Mo has always had a ton of class and he is impossible to hate even though he's probably the most successful Yankee of the latest run of Yankee champions.

Doesn't make me hate the team any less, but not him individually. I hope he saves 40 and the Yankees go 40-122.

40-122?? That's a major ouch!! But, I totally understand where you're coming from as I can't get into these younger Yankee players at all! Yankees can't seem to find good consistent pitching and offense, and without these on a daily basis, you're dead meat!! Doesn't help that Jeter is aging and the team was built around him in years past. They need some new talent fast!

:codger:

Maybe they can coax Derrek Lee out of retirement, he's only 37, you know...

Can someone call Scott Boras?? :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Edited by rushfanforever!

So no one is sad that it's Mo's (Mariano Rivera of the NY Yankees) last season before retiring? He sure had a great run there....I still miss Jorge the catcher! Jeter is next!! :boohoo: :boohoo:

Okay, where are the Yankee haters?

:scared: :scared:

Mo has always had a ton of class and he is impossible to hate even though he's probably the most successful Yankee of the latest run of Yankee champions.

Doesn't make me hate the team any less, but not him individually. I hope he saves 40 and the Yankees go 40-122.

40-122?? That's a major ouch!! But, I totally understand where you're coming from as I can't get into these younger Yankee players at all! Yankees can't seem to find good consistent pitching and offense, and without these on a daily basis, you're dead meat!! Doesn't help that Jeter is aging and the team was built around him in years past. They need some new talent fast!

:codger:

Maybe they can coax Derrek Lee out of retirement, he's only 37, you know...

Can someone call Scott Boras?? :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I despise Derek Lee. I blame him for the pirates 2011 post all star break meltdown. hes a cocky jerk. had 2 good years

I am not a huge yankee hater. I cant get into any of the young yankees. Mo is impossible to hate (unless your team is up against him in the postseason)

I used to be a huge yankee hater. That all changed the year the bosox broke the streak.

Baseball to me is a classy sport. When I saw the yankee players, clean cut, wear suits to the stadium, contrasted with Manny being manny, johnny damon looking like he should have starred in Castaway, shillings bloody sock, the yankees started to grow on me a bit. Red sox just looked like a bunch of bums

I do not like the yankees, but I have gone from hating them to respecting them. I know they have always had a huge payroll. Life isnt fair, I cant hate them based soley on that

I used to be a huge yankee hater. That all changed the year the bosox broke the streak.

Baseball to me is a classy sport. When I saw the yankee players, clean cut, wear suits to the stadium, contrasted with Manny being manny, johnny damon looking like he should have starred in Castaway, shillings bloody sock, the yankees started to grow on me a bit. Red sox just looked like a bunch of bums

I do not like the yankees, but I have gone from hating them to respecting them. I know they have always had a huge payroll. Life isnt fair, I cant hate them based soley on that

Classic cut throat rivalry...the Sox & Yanks! I remember watching Schilling in that game with that bloody sock; had to give him credit pitching thru that pain! Jeter coming to the stadium in his limo which is rather weird though; you'd think that he want the everyday fan to connect with him on some level; he's even been rude to some fans as well....well, I guess not! He's making tons of $$$ and us fans still like him.

Bryce Harper is the REAL DEAL!

I am taking him second in my Fantasy Draft.

I get Yoenis Cespedes this season for FREE since I drafted him last year as a rookie!

My new team name is AREA 52.

Do you know why?

Because Cespedes is OUT OF THIS WORLD! LOL!!

For those who don't know 52 is his number!

Cards give Wainwright a 5 yr $97.5 million deal. Can't see him lasting long enough to make it worthwhile.

Posey agrees to 9 yr deal worth $167 million

Posey agrees to 9 yr deal worth $167 million

Smart move by the Giant's. Posey won't be too old when the deal ends. Giant's ball park is paid off in 2017 so the ownership will be able to pay whopping deals while still pocketing profits.

$3 million

$10.5 million

$16.5 million

$20 million

2017-2021

$21.4 million

2022* $22 million

Edited by calirush

I goes for Houston Astros,Toronto Blue Jays,(I am just like my Geddy!!!!!!!),Texas Rangers,hope Blue Jays make the Playoff this year (They need IT!!!!!!!!!)

OPENING DAY!!!!

My poor Tigers are going to be miserable in Minnesota today... It's supposed to get up to a sweltering 13 degrees there this afternoon.

That's the wind chill. The temp will be 33.

That makes it perfect baseball weather. :)

Yankees lost to Boston today? Ugghhh, here we go already!! :(

RNB must be thrilled!!

Indeed, my friend. I don't have high expectations for this season, but beating those despicable Yankees, on opening day, in that overindulgent dump built on top of a kids' ballpark, with Sabathia on the mound, was fantastic.

Cubs win, 3-1. On the road to 162-0.

On the downside, Marmol has once again proven to be untrustworthy.

smardzija owns my pirates. AJ looked good but he definitely served one up to rizo. Castro robbed a few hits from us in the hole.

Marmol looked very shaky, they kept talking about the japanese guy who came in at the end, that he will end up being yalls closer.

smardzija owns my pirates. AJ looked good but he definitely served one up to rizo. Castro robbed a few hits from us in the hole.

Marmol looked very shaky, they kept talking about the japanese guy who came in at the end, that he will end up being yalls closer.

He probably will. Great career stats, albeit against Japanese hitters.

Yankees lost to Boston today? Ugghhh, here we go already!! :(

RNB must be thrilled!!

Indeed, my friend. I don't have high expectations for this season, but beating those despicable Yankees, on opening day, in that overindulgent dump built on top of a kids' ballpark, with Sabathia on the mound, was fantastic.

:cheers:

Until next time......

Someone posted this as the Yankees opening day lineup. Had to be an April Fools joke, right?

CF Brett Gardner

SS Eduardo Nunez

2B Robinson Cano

1B Kevin Youkilis

LF Vernon Wells

DH Ben Francisco

RF Ichiro Suzuki

3B Laynce Nix

C Francisco Cervelli

Someone posted this as the Yankees opening day lineup. Had to be an April Fools joke, right?

CF Brett Gardner

SS Eduardo Nunez

2B Robinson Cano

1B Kevin Youkilis

LF Vernon Wells

DH Ben Francisco

RF Ichiro Suzuki

3B Laynce Nix

C Francisco Cervelli

Wishful thinking, perhaps!!!

:huh:

GO TRIBE!!!.... And GO GEDDY !!!! Get it over the plate Dirk...!!! ;)

Guess what Yankees fans. You are in for a long year! Your team isn't very good. It's about time you feel what its like to be a real baseball fan.