The Following (Un-#$%^ing-believable)

Rick N. Backer

Being buried alive. What a nightmare.

Oh yeah.

What are the odds the boat actually gets out? Didn't they put the coast guard on alert?

Is there anyone besides Joe and Emma who knows they're on the boat?

Emma kills Jacob in close quarters. She is scary.

I guess we can rule out Parker as part of the cult?

I don't think anyone else knows. Sounds like the pkab was hatched on the fly. The others likely only knew about the distraction they were in for. But Parker did say that the Coast Guard was put on alert to search all outgoing boats. They would not have been pulled away for the relief center crap. I'm guessing they will be stopped, Ryan will get there and who knows how it will end. Will Claire die??

Its so hard to tell. One of the things I really like about the show is that you really don't know who is going to get it, other than Joe and Ryan.

Best guess? I actually think she dies. So does Parker.

My guess was Parker lives and Claire dies... what about Molly?

I just wanted to see how to use the spolier function.

Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

Season finale tomorrow

Predictions?

Pretty sure some things will be wrapped up nicely, only to open up new questions that will need to be answered in the second season. I am predicting some sort of cliff hanger. Marriage and death seem popular. I'm gonna guess death for this series.

Too general? :LOL:

Pretty uninteresting and very predictable. It is a shame because the series has several talented actors in it but the writing is terrible.

I don't think I will watch next year because the most interesting character on the show is now dead and I could care less what happens to the rest of them.

Oh and Natalie Zea is gorgeous.

I called the ending wrong... I bet they were going to say "could not find his remains"

I'm not surprised Parker died. I was a tiny bit surprised about Claire. Stunned about Joe to be honest

I thought for sure Joe was going to blow up and get thrown out to sea and then they said they couldn't find his remains. But it looks like Emma took the news pretty hard and will be the next leader in the second season. I think at this point, Ryan and Claire being stabbed, will have to survive unless they make it about Mike tracking down Emma... snooze.

I called the ending wrong... I bet they were going to say "could not find his remains"

I'm not surprised Parker died. I was a tiny bit surprised about Claire. Stunned about Joe to be honest

I thought for sure Joe was going to blow up and get thrown out to sea and then they said they couldn't find his remains. But it looks like Emma took the news pretty hard and will be the next leader in the second season. I think at this point, Ryan and Claire being stabbed, will have to survive unless they make it about Mike tracking down Emma... snooze.

Ryan definitely survives. I bet Claire doesn't.

I think they both do, it will go against the "death curse". Otherwise, I feel it will be extremely predictable. Joe dead, Emma rises up to finish his story... Both Claire and Ryan are involved in that story. Otherwise it will simply be a revenge scenario - which has been done 100 times already

I think they both do, it will go against the "death curse". Otherwise, I feel it will be extremely predictable. Joe dead, Emma rises up to finish his story... Both Claire and Ryan are involved in that story. Otherwise it will simply be a revenge scenario - which has been done 100 times already

I think Joe is still alive.

He killed the guy at the lighthouse, but they never talked about finding that body. I think Joe hid the body out there, with a few of his ( Joe's ) teeth. They only said they identified the body by dental records. Joe somehow got out through the floor. He sure ran to the lighthouse quick. When he got pushed into the fire he didn't even try to get off the floor, he just looked at Ryan. With everything Joe had already been through, he wouldn't give u p that easily.

. Maybe. But Molly will have killed her in front of Ryan, which was the point. Ryan kills Molly, and then Emma takes over for Joe. You have to keep in mind Ryan wasn't part of Joe's original "rampage" other than having been the law enforcement officer who caught him.

Joe's death at least will make next season's premier interesting in that we'll see what direction the show takes.

I think Joe is still alive.

He killed the guy at the lighthouse, but they never talked about finding that body. I think Joe hid the body out there, with a few of his ( Joe's ) teeth. They only said they identified the body by dental records. Joe somehow got out through the floor. He sure ran to the lighthouse quick. When he got pushed into the fire he didn't even try to get off the floor, he just looked at Ryan. With everything Joe had already been through, he wouldn't give u p that easily.

Could be the exact reason he kept him around. Just like in "The Whole Nine Yards" - ever see that movie? They got the dentist (Matthew Perry) to take a dead guy and make his dental records look like someone else

. Maybe. But Molly will have killed her in front of Ryan, which was the point. Ryan kills Molly, and then Emma takes over for Joe. You have to keep in mind Ryan wasn't part of Joe's original "rampage" other than having been the law enforcement officer who caught him.

Joe's death at least will make next season's premier interesting in that we'll see what direction the show takes.

Maybe... could be shitty too. I am still on the fence as to watching season 2.

I'm in. I can always abandon ship if it sucks.

I guess it all depends what's on against it. But, then again, I don't watch nearly as much TV in the fall as I do winter and spring.... FOOTBALL!!

I guess it all depends what's on against it. But, then again, I don't watch nearly as much TV in the fall as I do winter and spring.... FOOTBALL!!

Indeed!

My original post makes no sense...lol...now that I see what I did.

I posted while others were!

Digi, that very well could be! I hope so anyway.

I did think it was weird how Joe was just staring at Ryan through the fire.

You just need that Joe in the show! I think so, anyway.

I do hope you're right. I think you are.

• Like 1

So Joe gets stabbed several times by Claire, he's constantly drinking/drunk, and yet he's still all in control?

No way he's dead. Dental records can be faked, and there was "partial DNA found," but big deal. Emma was upset, but that just means she'll be that much happier when Joe contacts her next season. "Emma...it's Joe...we're getting the cult back together! We're on a mission from me!"

I think Ryan or Claire manages to kill Molly, or maybe the people guarding Ryan come back up to check something, and they save them both (more likely, in my opinion.)

It's too bad Parker had to die. She was a great character. Something tells me we may meet her sister next season. They just talked about it a little too much to leave it like that.

• Like 1

Originally I thought Joe was most definitely dead. The more I think about it, the less convinced I am. Emma's a good character, but she's another one of the "broken" types Joe built his cult out of. Joe was the charismatic leader. There's no reason to think Emma or Mollie could have "followers."

Same deal with Claire. I just don't know.

The scene where Ryan shot the follower after they find Parker was good, if nicked from Se7en. What's the deal with her family background in a cult, and her giving a book to Joe back around episode 3 or so?

Lots of unanswered questions

• Like 1

Originally I thought Joe was most definitely dead. The more I think about it, the less convinced I am. Emma's a good character, but she's another one of the "broken" types Joe built his cult out of. Joe was the charismatic leader. There's no reason to think Emma or Mollie could have "followers."

Same deal with Claire. I just don't know.

The scene where Ryan shot the follower after they find Parker was good, if nicked from Se7en. What's the deal with her family background in a cult, and her giving a book to Joe back around episode 3 or so?

Lots of unanswered questions

I thought I was the only one that noticed Parker giving Joe a book.

I thought she was one of his followers too!