RRHOF - All Star "Jam" Predictions.

ThinkingBig

There's already been several threads about predictions for what RUSH will play to entertain the RRHOF induction audience at the Nokia Live theater, (keep in mind most bands play 3-6 songs and only 2 make the HBO broadcast) however HBO always shows the all Star Jam at the end of the ceremony -- this "Jam" can include inductees and presenter/performers. They play 1-2 rock classics, "Hey Jude", "Roll Over Beethoven" or they play a big jam version of one of the inductees most iconic songs. For example, last year concluded with Red Hot Chili Peppers playing 'Higher Ground' with Slash and a bunch of other inductees dancing on the stage.

With such a diverse mix of inductees this year, I can't imagine how they would get everyone in there. We'd hope RUSH would be featured, and the next obvious choice to 'Jam' with RUSH would be Heart.

Let me say this, when Heart comes on the radio, I'll turn up the volume, I dig their sound and their songs. I checked out a YouTube video of a recent live performance of 'Crazy on You' -- don't bite my head off for this -- but Ann Wilson is outstanding. She's still got an incredibly beautiful voice, like Annie Lennox great—just amazing. And Nancy Wilson totally jams, first rate guitar player, lots of movement, emotion, really rocking out.

All that being said, I could see RUSH and Heart jamming out Limelight, an iconic and poignant rock classic. A song that over the years has become bigger than RUSH and speaks to all successful performers. -- Again, don't bite my head off -- they jam Limelight with Ann Wilson singing. Then they break into Rock and Roll by Led Zep, a song Heart has covered and RUSH has talked about covering a Led Zep on a future Feedback II... so.

If you really want to see how great of a singer Ann Wilson is, check out their performance of Stairway to Heaven at the Kennedy Center Honors. There's a big surprise at the song's climax, but Ann's voice brought Robert Plant to tears, in a good way.

Okay, there's my dream finale. RUSH and HEART -- Limelight, Rock and Roll, "thank you, good night."

Stop the presses... what about Public Enemy. Flavor Flav is a loose cannon, a train wreck, and you let him on the stage... I'd be concerned about him trying to steal the show. Maybe they'll leave with their posse after they get inducted.

Then you've got Don Henley -- if he sings in the all-star Jam, I hope Neil chucks a stick at the back of his head. -- just kidding, our polite Canadian boys will be good sports no matter what. I just want RUSH to look as cool as they can and not be upstaged by some lesser talent.

Oh yeah, Randy Newman... who's inducting him, Woody or Buzz Lightyear? I actually dig his music when I'm in that mood, but I have no idea how he'd fit into a Jam.

Anyway, if anyone else has any thoughts, please share them...

I hear that Chris Cornell will be inducting Heart. That puts another big heavyweight into the mix performance-wise. He sounds better than ever lately.

Great point, and I forgot that Dave Grohl will be there which would make for a 'Free Bird army' of guitars, if they just did two classics, like Good Times, Bad Times / My Generation. Hell, maybe they will play Free Bird. As long as they let Lerxst handle the solo, then I'm cool with that.

And Taylor Hawkins -- if any other drummer is in the finale, I hope they put the kits side by side and not bump NP out. I could almost picture Pratt saying this is not really my thing and bowing out, letting just Ged and Al play in the finale, that would suck.

The common thread between Rush and Heart is Led Zepplin. Consequently, I think a jam of Rock and Roll is a given. It will be awesome to watch Neil close out the final seconds of that song!

:haz: :Neil: :haz:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

IMHO, those award show all-star jams are embarrassing, awkward, gaudy affairs - they're just a bit too over the top. There's a reason Neil Young isn't on stage with Flavor Flav, Taylor Swift and REO Speedwagon (to use a made-up example) at the same time - it just gets kind of silly. All I hope is it's something that doesn't embarrass Rush. Having someone else sing one of their songs or jamming with them or trading verses just sounds a bit sketchy to me. I just hope it's not too ridiculous. Edited by rushgoober

The common thread between Rush and Heart is Led Zepplin. Consequently, I think a jam of Rock and Roll is a given. It will be awesome to watch Neil close out the final seconds of that song!

:haz: :Neil: :haz:

Dude, I hope so. From your mouth to the Rock God's ear. Please, please...

Here's a weird twist, Foo Fighters performed Rock and Roll at the Kennedy Center Honors, with Taylor singing and Dave on drums.

A "friend" of mine just told me he saw this on the CBS Evening News... the jam session group has been finalized for the Rush RRHOF performance:

On guitar will be Alex, of course, along with Justin Bieber. They really wanted another Canadian, but they had to pay Beiber a small fortune... plus, his rider is kind of "Prima Donna-ish" ... but, he did promise he'd at least "make an appearance" - for his country and for his fans. (Nice kid, that JB is).

Bass, along with Geddy is going to be Danny Bonaduce (formerly from The Patridge Family) Note - Taylor Swift will be backstage in case Danny forgets the bass lines. Or, in case he doesn't show up. Or, in case he shows up drunk. Or, in case he starts a fight in the lobby of the building.

On electronic keyboards will be Susan Dey (also, formerly of The Partridge family). Lady Gaga will redo all of Hugh Syme's parts on accoustic piano. They asked her not to "sex it up" too much... and no swearing or smoking on stage.

Drumming along with Neil is going to be Mickey Dolenz from The Monkees. They'll have two drum sets, just like the Doobie Brothers. Mickey promised to hold back a bit and not to "over-shadow" Neil. Apparently, Neil is "okay" with the arrangement, although somewhat concerned.

On lead vocals will be Geddy, of course... and Beyonce will accompany him, but she will be lip synching her parts. She will look damn hot though and that'll help the over-all performance. Her secret objective is to give Tony Geranios a boner... Britany Spears will sing lead on TSO Radio and Miley Cyrus will be operating the auto tune digital board for Spears. Her dad, Billy Ray, is Beiber's guitar coach because he too, plays left handed... and also has ridiculous hair.

I know this might not all sound totally believable, but it was on CBS news, so it's gotta be true...

Dude, you forgot about the original Brady bunch kids joining in for a round of "it's time for change". I also hear that they got Bush to perform, because someone on the production team with poor vision thought the 'r' was a 'b'

I'm guessing they will be playing things from this most recent tour considering they already have warmed up to the songs.

Or maybe they're going to play a song that's NOT being played on the tour now as a warmup performance for the new tour leg? Either way, it's gonna rock!! :haz: