Any luck with tickets today?

I've had a pretty interesting day in regards to getting tickets!

I woke up at 5:30 am (half an hour before I normally get up) With a sudden instinct to check the rush.com website for new dates. Little did I know they actually posted them! It's like my body instinctively knew they were announced! I was trying to not scream with excitement because the rest of my family were still sleeping. Unfortunately, I had to go to school today! I was so upset I couldn't stay home to get tickets. So I'm on my way to school and I have to e-mail my dad at work (because he is still COMPLETELY unaware that the dates were announced, let alone the tickets going on pre-sale today!) about everything. I had already asked my dad a few times if I can see them again and he said no. (I saw them in New Hampshire (4th row center stage!) AND in Connecticut (10th row Ged's side!)) In the e-mail I included how this might be the last time we will ever see them, which I think did the trick. He emailed me back saying he would check it out at noon! The time came and I was sitting in biology class about to EXPLODE with excitement! luckily at 12:08, biology ended and I could go to lunch. he e-mailed me again saying he purchased two tickets in section 25 at Mohegan Sun! (You can google the map of the Mohegan Sun arena if you want to see exactly where it is) I almost cried because I wasn't expecting AT ALL to be that close!!! I am content with my seats and I cannot WAIT for May 9th!!

The second my dad gets home from work, I am going to give him a GIGANTIC hug and thank him many many times!!! I love him SO much! (Did I mention he is also a big Rush fan? He's seen them at least once every tour since power windows! I wish I could have done that! :o)

And although I am grateful to have tickets, there's still a sliver of me that wishes I had front row seats ;P (Will I ever get to see my heroes that close? Who knows!)

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for the California dates to be announced. At the Snakes and Arrors tour I had fifth row center seats in Concord which is the best I've had for a Rush show. The Current Tour Money was tight and I was paying for several people so I couldn't go too deep in Price. I'm hoping to score a closer seat this time

I see a few of you mention the specific row that you got through the presale. I assume these are VIP tickets. I thought that they don’t tell you exactly where the tickets are except for “within the first 15 rows.”

I got mine through the regular sale, not VIP. A buddy of mine got 7th row on Geddy's side also. We have always had luck with musictoday. We each had third row in Philly last fall.

• Like 1

I see a few of you mention the specific row that you got through the presale. I assume these are VIP tickets. I thought that they don’t tell you exactly where the tickets are except for “within the first 15 rows.”

I got mine through the regular sale, not VIP. A buddy of mine got 7th row on Geddy's side also. We have always had luck with musictoday. We each had third row in Philly last fall.

I always try to get tickets as soon as they go on sale and the first 20 rows or so are always immediately gone. Are there any tricks to getting those seats without paying $300 for VIP?

Edited by TheBluePhoenix

The old VIP tix told the seats. The new from last year did not until you got to the venue. My AC tix for this year did not list a seat. They were likely regular tickets if they listed a seat.

I always try to get tickets as soon as they go on sale and the first 20 rows or so are always immediately gone. Are there any tricks to getting those seats without paying $300 for VIP?

You just have to get on in the first few seconds of the regular sale. If you can not get what you are looking for, keep trying. They are not always released from closest to the stage back. I have tried and got bad seats, then tried again and got better. And if one pre-sale does not give you what you want, try another. Persistence, dedication, and maybe a bit of insanity will get you tix. Good luck!

RIAB today indicates that the VIP tix are sold out for lot of the shows already. This took much longer for past tours.

i got 18th row center to the time machine tour in camden, nj about a month or 2 after tickets went on sale. it seems like they hold a bunch of seats and release them randomly as the show date gets closer

i got 18th row center to the time machine tour in camden, nj about a month or 2 after tickets went on sale. it seems like they hold a bunch of seats and release them randomly as the show date gets closer

I found 7th row floor seats for MSG day of show a few tours back. After getting first tier off to the back and side during the pre-sale. Good seats used to be easy to get later, just by continually looking. Much more difficult now after Beyond the Lighted Stage. RUSH is finally becoming a popular band. The seats you got were a good find.

I actually got mine at about 10:15 yesterday and my buddy got his at about 10:25. They started off way back on the floor and slowly got better. We just came throwing back tickets until these came up. I just looked at the Citi presale and can get inside the 15th right now.

RIAB today indicates that the VIP tix are sold out for lot of the shows already. This took much longer for past tours.

I just checked the VIP Nation site. The only one showing sold out is Austin.

if the original notification of being sold out was true, it may have been that they sold out of the original allotment, then turned regular tickets into VIP. Much more money for VIP so that would make sense.

True. I had some buddies that kept checking the Cleveland venue's website starting about a week befor the Time Machine Tour. One buddy got 4 fourth row center tickets a few days before the show, and another buddy got 4 second row tickets the morning of the show. Paid whatever face value was. About $96, I think.

True. I had some buddies that kept checking the Cleveland venue's website starting about a week befor the Time Machine Tour. One buddy got 4 fourth row center tickets a few days before the show, and another buddy got 4 second row tickets the morning of the show. Paid whatever face value was. About $96, I think.

Tickets get held for the band, contests, promoters, etc. If they are not sold by day of show, they get released back into the pool. I spoke to someone at a show who had gone to a show on a previous tour without a ticket. He went to the box office day of show, and got front row. You have to just be next in line when the tickets are released. Lucky. So not the first option. But good for a back up plan.

I just got 12th row floor on Alex’s side for the Nashville show through the Citi Card presale. There are still some decent seats on the floor and in the lower level. The interactive venue map is the way to go instead of taking what Ticketmaster thinks is the best available. However, the interactive map isn’t really working properly. I just kept trying and eventually it worked.