New Fates Warning album!

bathory

Speaking of obscure (this post probably belongs to another thread, but whatever…), I just remembered watching Mortal Sin, an Australian band, opening for Anthrax in Sydney in ´05. They had broken up years ago and decided to reform and release a new record back then. Coming back from the concert I had the most impressive Spinal Tap moment of my concert-going years: the lead singer of Mortal Sin was standing next to me on the bus back home!

:haz: :haz: :P :haz: :haz:

Man alive, how is it I've never heard Fates Warning before???!!!!!! This shit is chill-inducing GOD DAMN amaaaaaaazing!!!! :o

Ignore them and I feel pity for you, no seriously, there are no excuses now :madra:

:doh: Overreation, well and truly. Seems I got lucky on the first few tracks, that is all :unsure: :ph34r:

Speaking of obscure (this post probably belongs to another thread, but whatever…), I just remembered watching Mortal Sin, an Australian band, opening for Anthrax in Sydney in ´05. They had broken up years ago and decided to reform and release a new record back then. Coming back from the concert I had the most impressive Spinal Tap moment of my concert-going years: the lead singer of Mortal Sin was standing next to me on the bus back home!

:haz: :haz: :P :haz: :haz:

They were big down here in the early 90s. I remember them well on the local mag covers, wasn't really into the style back then.

Man alive, how is it I've never heard Fates Warning before???!!!!!! This shit is chill-inducing GOD DAMN amaaaaaaazing!!!! :o

Ignore them and I feel pity for you, no seriously, there are no excuses now :madra:

you and me both. Really digging the sound - nice, really nice balance, gonna have fun checking their discography out.

you and me both. Really digging the sound - nice, really nice balance, gonna have fun checking their discography out.

Let me know how you get on, I wasn't so enthralled as I thought I would be :oops:

:doh: Overreation, well and truly. Seems I got lucky on the first few tracks, that is all :unsure: :ph34r:

What tracks did you hear?

These are my personal favorites:

- Pale Fire;

- Point of View;

- Leave the Past Behind;

- Face the Fear;

- The 11th Hour;

- Life in Still Water;

- Down to the Wire;

- Outside Looking In.

What tracks did you hear?

These are my personal favorites:

- Pale Fire;

- Point of View;

- Leave the Past Behind;

- Face the Fear;

- The 11th Hour;

- Life in Still Water;

- Down to the Wire;

- Outside Looking In.

I first got stuck into Awaken the Guardian, can't remember the actual tracks, I'll revisit again soon with your faves.

tour dates for later this year:

Nov. 15—Joliet, IL—Mojoe's

Nov. 16—Detroit, MI—Harpos

Nov. 17—Louisville, KY—Diamond Pub & Billiards

Nov. 18—Cleveland, OH—Peabody's

Nov. 20—Toronto, ONT—Mod Club

Nov. 21—Poughkeepsie, NY—The Chance

Nov. 22—Hartford, CT—Webster Theater

Nov. 23—New York, NY—The Studio @ Webster Hall

Nov. 24—Clifton, NJ—Dingbatz

Nov. 26—Amityville, NY—Revolution

Nov. 27—Lancaster, PA—Chameleon Club

Nov. 30—Spartanburg, SC—Ground Zero

Dec. 1—Atlanta, GA—Masquerade

Dec. 3—Houston, TX—Scout Bar

Dec. 4—San Antonio, TX—Backstage Live

Dec. 5—Dallas, TX—Trees

Dec. 7—Phoenix, AZ—Rocky Point Cantina

Dec. 8—San Diego, CA—Brick By Brick

Dec. 10—Los Angeles, CA—The Whisky

Dec. 11—San Francisco, CA—DNA Lounge

Dec. 13—Portland, OR—Hawthorne Theater

Dec. 14—Seatlle, WA—Studio Seven

http://www.fateswarn...61/Default.aspx

It's been a really long time since the band has done anything , I hope this tour gets some OK turnouts. Booking it this far in advance might help and give people more time to hear about it though.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

So glad they'll be at the Masquerade, but unless they get a popular touring partner there are gonna be 4 or 5 people at this show. I dunno ANY fates warning fans in real life

http://www.sputnikmu...hp?newsid=25371

not sure if there are any fates warning fans here, but they've got a new record coming out soon and it should be pretty cool

these guys are considered pioneers of progressive metal, but too many people I know have never even heard of them...to me, they're must-hear for fans of maiden, priest, queensryche, etc

Ressurrecting this thread to say that I heard Parallels again today. Frank Aresti hits the spot with only a handful of notes, while it takes John Petrucci a gazillion ones to send his message across.
  • Like 1

Ressurrecting this thread to say that I heard Parallels again today. Frank Aresti hits the spot with only a handful of notes, while it takes John Petrucci a gazillion ones to send his message across.

Totally. The great thing is Aresti can shred. He does so on earlier albums but on this material economy rules the day.

• Like 1