Pretty disappointing song, I mean it's ok but nothing special, alright chorus, not great at all though, The House of Blue Light from 1987 has stronger material. if these two songs are the best on the album it's gonna be a poor result. The Morse solo is decent but he can do these kind of solos in his sleep by now, it's not memorable. Sounds like he's buried in the mix too, maybe the CD itself will sound better? Is Gillan's voice shot?

Complete pop crap. Voice shot. Writing shot.

Rock And Roll is DEAD.

Morse should go back to Flying Colors.

Pretty disappointing song, I mean it's ok but nothing special, alright chorus, not great at all though, The House of Blue Light from 1987 has stronger material. if these two songs are the best on the album it's gonna be a poor result. The Morse solo is decent but he can do these kind of solos in his sleep by now, it's not memorable. Sounds like he's buried in the mix too, maybe the CD itself will sound better? Is Gillan's voice shot?

Rock And Roll is DEAD.

Have you ordered your copy yet Earl?

Are you ready for Sabbath? God is dead too!

Rock And Roll is DEAD.

:LOL:

I just stopped in to ask why this thread wasn't tagged with 'goodhell to pay'. :P

Already hearing reports from people who've listened to it. One calls it the best album with Morse.

Another one: best since Abandon

The hype is growing...

Edit: Leakage!!

2nd edit: Hype may be right. This album is just excellent. There are some really ambitious, interesting tracks on here - Uncommon Man in particular. So epic.

Edited by adace1

So, did anyone else listen to it?

I was drawn in by sheer curiosity of the song titled "Vincent Price". What better title for a song? Well, it's mostly Purple-by-numbers by what I heard. Anyway I expect more opinions from my brother-in-law, he's a huge fan.

Rock And Roll is DEAD.

:LOL:

I just stopped in to ask why this thread wasn't tagged with 'goodhell to pay'. :P

Goodhell not only stole our 2nd round pick but he hid behind a crippled young boy when it was the SAINTS pick in the first round so he wouldn't get booed! :boo hiss: :nya nya:

So, did anyone else listen to it?

I was drawn in by sheer curiosity of the song titled "Vincent Price". What better title for a song? Well, it's mostly Purple-by-numbers by what I heard. Anyway I expect more opinions from my brother-in-law, he's a huge fan.

It was sadly quite lame. I've only heard three songs so far, quite liked All the Time in the World. Still hoping for better.

Do I stop at get it on the way home or what, Treeduck??? Do tell! I heard Ezrin earned his paycheck on this one. :D-13:

I've not got my copy yet...I ordered the deluxe edition, they must have a deluxe scenic shipping route for it :wacko: :blink: :crazy: :madra: :hi:

Tracklist:

01. A Simple Song

02. Weirdistan

03. Out Of Hand

04. Hell To Pay

05. Body Line

06. Above And Beyond

07. Blood From A Stone

08. Uncommon Man

09. Après Vous

10. All The Time In The World

11. Vincent Price

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/purplenowwhat.jpg

The cover is one I normally wouldn't like, but somehow I do, it kind of works. The Vincent Price track title is helping to get me back on board, very cool.

Blegh!! What are you on Ducky?!?! Now THIS is cover art maaaaan (and the album is just as cool)... :NP:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jtmow.jpg

Tracklist:

01. A Simple Song

02. Weirdistan

03. Out Of Hand

04. Hell To Pay

05. Body Line

06. Above And Beyond

07. Blood From A Stone

08. Uncommon Man

09. Après Vous

10. All The Time In The World

11. Vincent Price

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/purplenowwhat.jpg

The cover is one I normally wouldn't like, but somehow I do, it kind of works. The Vincent Price track title is helping to get me back on board, very cool.

Blegh!! What are you on Ducky?!?! Now THIS is cover art maaaaan (and the album is just as cool)... :NP:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jtmow.jpg

Well I would have done something different for both covers! My favourite Purple artwork is Stormbringer, Burn and In Rock, now that's top artwork!

^ Really?? Ah well, eye of the beholder I guess...just love that kind of simplicity, the colours on PS look so classy to me.

So you don't like Burn and Stormbringer and In Rock!?? You can't beat those covers!

Edited by treeduck