Star Trek: Into Darkness

USB Connector

I have decided that I'm not watching any more teasers, trailers, or previews. It's just too much. I'll take my chances and go see the film....and hopefully, I'll be blown away just as I was by the previous film.

GO TREK GO!!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I have decided that I'm not watching any more teasers, trailers, or previews. It's just too much. I'll take my chances and go see the film....and hopefully, I'll be blown away just as I was by the previous film.

GO TREK GO!!

This trailer is basically just a rehashing of the teaser. I would be wise to heed your words though. I had no idea about the last movie or what it entailed and it turned out to be one of my favourite movies.

Well now we know it's not Khan...

"Meanwhile British star Benedict Cumberbatch as terrorist John Harrison - not Khan as he was initially rumoured to be playing - provides the spookiest contribution to the trailer.

"'You think you’re safe. You are not,' he tells the Enterprise commander."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2249616/Extended-Star-Trek-trailer-shows-Captain-Kirk-hit-self-doubt--Benedict-Cumberbatch-takes-centre-stage-new-terrorist-baddie-NOT-Khan.html

GO TREK GO!!

This trailer is basically just a rehashing of the teaser. I would be wise to heed your words though. I had no idea about the last movie or what it entailed and it turned out to be one of my favourite movies.

I agree with both of you. I have only seen the one trailer and am not actively seeking out new trailers/treasers. They don't bother me, usually. I think we are all going to be blown away by this one and I'm going regardless. The last one surprised me by being so good.

Harrison is most assuredly a red herring. A co-worker of mine, (a fellow trekkie and garbage brain like me - the mentality actually makes for great systems programmers :wacko: ) and I both had the exact same reaction when we saw Harrison's name. We both ended up watching Space Seed. Harrision is a character recommended for commendation as Kirk's breath slipped away during Space Seed. He was in a few other episodes also. Star Trek wiki (memory-alpha.org) has it. An obvious red herring, I think.

I did read an interesting article yesterday that referenced a gizmodo reader - Thomas Stevens - who was banned from posting on the Star Trek facebook page...too close to the truth is the suspicion. He writes an article with a strong case for... the rest is being placed behind the spoiler bar...

... Gary Mitchell (who I wanted in the first place). Into Darkness refers to Gary Mitchell losing his eyesight as his god-like abilities increased and he slips....into darkness. http://arts.national...-still-a-maybe/

I read his gizmodo post. Fascinating.

It's possible John Harrison is just an alias, so he's someone else that has infiltrated the fleet. It's also possible Khan is still in the film, maybe played by Peter Weller. The man also known as John Harrison could be the son of Khan! :o

...Or maybe Peter Weller is Gary Mitchell...etc etc...

It's possible John Harrison is just an alias, so he's someone else that has infiltrated the fleet. It's also possible Khan is still in the film, maybe played by Peter Weller. The man also known as John Harrison could be the son of Khan! :o

This would be more along the lines of my original post

:blaze: :fury: <<<< Blaze and son of Blaze! :hail:

Yes, my little bastard offspring charbroiled from my loins

And the mother is...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2012/05/moonstone.jpg

And the mother is...

yeah, that works

I think I've figured this out.

If you take the name John Harrison, and start with the Ha from Harrison,

HA. (John rrison)

Then add the N from the end.

HAN. (John rriso)

Then start with the remaning SO form the end.

HAN SO (John rri)

Flip around the J at the start of the name, so it becomes an L.

HAN SOL (ohn rri)

Tack on the remaining O from the beginning.

HAN SOLO (hn rri)

Now, we're got the name HAN SOLO... but that's not enough. We still have the letters HNRRI, hopefull these point to some other clue, e.g. the name of his ship.

So, let's borrow that E.G. and plug it into the HNRRI... Now we have HNRRIEG. Scramble it around, and we can make the word "HERRING"... which is a fish... but also a bird.

A bird... like a falcon... the Millennium Falcon!

But the writers had said this would be a canon Trek character... but wait!

http://eggpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_First_Contact_-_Millenium_Falcon

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120105222714/eggpedia/images/6/66/AkiraFalcon-STFC.jpg

Seems pretty canon to me!

So, now we know. John Harrison is HAN SOLO, arriving in the Millennium Falcon to screw around with Kirk or something... I dunno...

:oops: :facepalm:

• Like 1

And the mother is...

Of course the cute ones are red shirts in the reboot.... :LOL:

Edited by USB Connector

HA. (John rrison)

HAN. (John rriso)

HAN SO (John rri)

HAN SOL (ohn rri)

HAN SOLO (hn rri)

Now, we're got the name HAN SOLO... but that's not enough. We still have the letters HNRRI, hopefull these point to some other clue, e.g. the name of his ship.

So, let's borrow that E.G. and plug it into the HNRRI... Now we have HNRRIEG. Scramble it around, and we can make the word "HERRING"... which is a fish... but also a bird.

http://eggpedia.wiki...illenium_Falcon

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120105222714/eggpedia/images/6/66/AkiraFalcon-STFC.jpg

So, now we know. John Harrison is HAN SOLO, arriving in the Millennium Falcon to screw around with Kirk or something... I dunno...

:LOL: Of course, how could I not see it! And now that you mention it, if that is true, then JJ Abrams...hmmm...

JJ is code for JarJar

Drop the A

JarJar brams

change ra (the second note, like do-ra-mi-fa-so,la-ti-do) to "in" to be inclusive

JarJar binms

change m to k

JarJar binks

HAN SOLO is the villain and JarJar binks directed it.

Meesa thinkso.

Good catch, KJ. ;)

:eh:

Edited by CygnusGal

HA. (John rrison)

HAN. (John rriso)

HAN SO (John rri)

HAN SOL (ohn rri)

HAN SOLO (hn rri)

:LOL: Of course, how could I not see it! And now that you mention it, if that is true, then JJ Abrams...hmmm...

JJ is code for JarJar

Drop the A

JarJar brams

change ra (the second note, like do-ra-mi-fa-so,la-ti-do) to "in" to be inclusive

JarJar binms

change m to k

JarJar binks

Meesa thinkso.

Good catch, KJ. ;)

So I'm guessing there will be a scene where jar jar shot first?

HA. (John rrison)

HAN. (John rriso)

HAN SO (John rri)

HAN SOL (ohn rri)

HAN SOLO (hn rri)

JJ is code for JarJar

Drop the A

JarJar brams

JarJar binms

change m to k

JarJar binks

Meesa thinkso.

Good catch, KJ. ;)

So I'm guessing there will be a scene where jar jar shot first?

Yes, that sounds reasonable to me. Of course, it will have to be edited into the special edition that way. We won't see that on the first run in the theatres.

I thought I sometimes argued the details of Star Trek in too much detail. Turns out that's not the case in relative terms. There is a massive wikipedia debate on capitalizing the word "into" in the title. It's a hilarious read.

http://en.wikipedia....itle.22_Section

Edited by USB Connector

:LOL: Great read, USB. Thanks!

They know they're being made fun of and they argue about that. And I thought Rush fans were intense... :unsure:

I thought I sometimes argued the details of Star Trek in too much detail. Turns out that's not the case in relative terms. There is a massive wikipedia debate on capitalizing the word "into" in the title. It's a hilarious read.

http://en.wikipedia....itle.22_Section

[From the Wikipedia article] With regard to the film's title, star Simon Pegg dictated "How do you get past the curse of the ":"? You get rid of it altogether. Trek ain't a noun, it's a verb."

"Trek" isn't a noun? Come ON, man..... :laughing guy:

New uniforms. I have no idea where they were going with this...

539814_10151309487328716_66618544_n.jpg

Clearly, the 7 of T'Pol factor. Spock has to explore his, er, human side? :unsure:

New uniforms. I have no idea where they were going with this...

539814_10151309487328716_66618544_n.jpg

Clearly, the 7 of T'Pol factor. Spock has to explore his, er, human side? :unsure:

Spock: "as first officer of the Enterprise, I demand that all female crew wear these uniforms. They are more aerodynamic thus allowing for greater agility. I will believe that the look will increase morale, as I have been told that they are quite stylish in comparison to the Starfleet issue standard uniforms. That will be all."

• Like 1