Clockwork Angels Tour 2012 Leg: Not for me

That One Guy

After some thinking, i've determined I won't be attending a 2012 show on the tour.

I live in Salt Lake City, and Vegas would have been my only option. I saw them last year in vegas, kinda pricey with accommodations and gas.

I was thinking about going to the Vegas show the day after thanksgiving. But I think I've decided to hold off til 2013. They better hit Salt Lake this time around, missing three years in a row would be ridiculous. I think i'll hit two shows next year if they do Red Rocks and Salt Lake.

For those who have an upcoming leg 1 show, enjoy! I can't wait for next year. Long live Rush!

Thats too bad because you will be missing an awesome show. I was at the Tampa show the Band was at its best or better than ever. I can fully understand and relate the financial aspect situation. These last few years have been very hard on us. Both my wife and I are both out of work and I was debating on even bieng able to shell out the money for the cheapest seats in the house, at our amphitheater is the lawn which is general admission and far,far,far away from the stage. My other option was just to go and hang out in the parking lot and listen from outside. Well I figured one only lives once (or so they say) and decided that I would do whatever fiscal juggling to make it inside with my main new motto "being in there at least is where it's at" After all said and done it was a very good choice to make on my part because the show was fricken absolutely awesome and I'm so happy that I decided to go. My wife eventhough at first was on my A$$ for spending what we really didn't have said that she was happy we decided to go stating that it was the best show since R-30. She really wasn't familliar with the CA material but loved how it all came together live. Just keep in mind that the opportunity to see this power rock trio cannot go on for ever (eventhough they're music will) and the day will be here sooner than we all think where we will be saying "man, I wish Rush was still touring because they could ROCK the house down" Yes there will be plenty of recorded live performances both on video and audio but both do not come close to the experience of seeing it live. Which I realize is stating the obvious but it's food for thought. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

After some thinking, i've determined I won't be attending a 2012 show on the tour.

I live in Salt Lake City, and Vegas would have been my only option. I saw them last year in vegas, kinda pricey with accommodations and gas.

I was thinking about going to the Vegas show the day after thanksgiving. But I think I've decided to hold off til 2013. They better hit Salt Lake this time around, missing three years in a row would be ridiculous. I think i'll hit two shows next year if they do Red Rocks and Salt Lake.

For those who have an upcoming leg 1 show, enjoy! I can't wait for next year. Long live Rush!

I have friends in SLC and they are hoping Rush does some inner mountain west shows next year too. Hopefully, you'll get a show in 2013.

:cheers:

I have little doubt they will hit a number of places next summer that they didn't hit this year, Red Rocks, SLC, The Gorge, etc. Hope that's the case for all the folks like you that didn't have a show nearby. Edited by driventotheedge

Everything is expensive, these days. I think it is a matter of inflation more than anything. Even so, Rush is worth it; they have paid their dues, toured hard, kept it real, and they pour forth all their energy on stage to command those dollars. I only went to one Gamecocks game this year in order to see Rush twice, so you just have to make tough decisions.

The problem with your philosophy is that you or a member or Rush may not be alive next year to see them. You should try and go, if you can, and split the gas/hotel bill with 3 of your friends. It is well worth it.

Everything is expensive, these days. I think it is a matter of inflation more than anything. Even so, Rush is worth it; they have paid their dues, toured hard, kept it real, and they pour forth all their energy on stage to command those dollars. I only went to one Gamecocks game this year in order to see Rush twice, so you just have to make tough decisions.

The problem with your philosophy is that you or a member or Rush may not be alive next year to see them. You should try and go, if you can, and split the gas/hotel bill with 3 of your friends. It is well worth it.

I was planning on using the savings from this, and putting it towards a first 15 row ticket at next years' show at USANA or Red Rocks. My last two shows were lawn seating, then midrange

I totally understand the financial aspect as being an obstacle for some....or even most of us, to see a show or mutiple shows. For me it is a bit of a financial burden no doubt, yet I am concerned that due to the fact that Rush's touring days are drawing to an end, the opprotunities to see them live is dwindling. If at all possible, financially, I would reccomend trying your best to attend a show this leg. There is no real guarentee that you will have the chance in the future. Rush's age and health, and quite frankly my own health, could unfortunatly and instantly become a real concern, in regards to touring. They're pushing 60 and I am pushing 50. They seemed to be in great health and endless energy.....me, not so much. ( diabetes and heart disease). With this all in mind, I am seeing three shows this leg and as many as possible on any future legs. With 3 shows (8 tickets) and 3 nights hotel and transportation costs, I'm in about $1200.00..... and if there is a next leg....I would do it all again.

I totally understand the financial aspect as being an obstacle for some....or even most of us, to see a show or mutiple shows. For me it is a bit of a financial burden no doubt, yet I am concerned that due to the fact that Rush's touring days are drawing to an end, the opprotunities to see them live is dwindling. If at all possible, financially, I would reccomend trying your best to attend a show this leg. There is no real guarentee that you will have the chance in the future. Rush's age and health, and quite frankly my own health, could unfortunatly and instantly become a real concern, in regards to touring. They're pushing 60 and I am pushing 50. They seemed to be in great health and endless energy.....me, not so much. ( diabetes and heart disease). With this all in mind, I am seeing three shows this leg and as many as possible on any future legs. With 3 shows (8 tickets) and 3 nights hotel and transportation costs, I'm in about $1200.00..... and if there is a next leg....I would do it all again.

Hey WAW,

Yep, same here..saw two shows this leg and I'm dying to find out what shows are on the 2nd leg. I'll be going to as many as possible due to the circumstances. Unfortunately, you're right, our time seeing rush on tour is coming to a close soon. I'm very happy eating ramen noodles for the rest of my life. My total expense for two VIP tix shows, rental car, gas, hotels, Chicago VIP parking, meals, additional shirts & ticket holders at Indy venue, and Hard Rock Indy souvenirs was about $4K. I figure on doubling that next leg.

That One Guy,

As others can back me up on this, the Rush shows are just amazing! You are surely missing out on an incredible experience! Ged and the boys are on top of ther game and on fire right now! No amount of $$$ should prevent you from seeing the best band in the planet.

:haz: :haz: :rush: :rush: :haz: :haz: