Crap at work - official thread

Lost In Xanadu

Monday I was on a conference call with a project manager and a tester in India. We were addressing 2 issues, and the PM was asking the guy in India a bunch of questions that he could not answer. The PM got frustrated, called him useless and asked me a few questions about another issue.

I explained that the test terminal he had the tester using was not configured as it was the day before and we were not getting in good data.

He said "I'm going to have to put you down for a minute" and set the phone down and we could hear him screaming things like "who are these f***ing people? can't they do anything f***ing right?" On and on with stomping or punching (not sure based on the sound) for nearly 5 minutes for something I had absolutely no control over.

How unprofessional is that? I am talking with my manager about it tomorrow when he gets back from a customer visit. I almost went straight to HR, but thought I'd go this route first. It has made the workplace very hostile, and I have absolutely no desire to work hard for this PM anymore.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

That project manager sounds like a major douche. Let your boss deal with it. If the PM ever acts like that again on a call, I'd hang up.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 17 2012, 12:11 PM)
That project manager sounds like a major douche. Let your boss deal with it. If the PM ever acts like that again on a call, I'd hang up.

I almost did, but the guy testing in India is new, and I didn't want to leave him with all the BS.

I deal with a lot of government employees. Some are absolutely DELIGHTFUL, especially if you take a moment to thank them and tell them how much you appreciate their help.

Others typify the "lazy government worker" stereotype.

One woman in Greensboro, NC, will not do ANYTHING that she doesn't feel is in her job description. Even if it's simply giving me the project number for a plans review that SHE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR COORDINATING. But no, it's not her job.

Thus, I will continue to pester her daily for updates on said plans review. If she'd bothered to type out a 12-character e-mail in response to my query, I could look it up online myself and follow its progress there.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Oct 17 2012, 05:34 PM)
How about be glad you have a job right now no matter how much you dislike some aspects of it.

There are millions who would kill for a decent job right now.

Not the point of this thread

They took away my company cell phone!!!!!!!

But I get 25 USD monthly to supplement my own cellphone but I have to fill out a stupid expense report for it!!!!

Anyway - They also MAKE ME DO STUFF at work. EVERY DAY!!! Geez.

I just....I just wish they took away the free coffee instead of the cell phone. sad.gif

Im sure I cost them more in coffee.

I could literally FILL this thread with the silly shit that happens on a daily basis where I work. From the lunch thief caught on security camera that turned out to be a manager, to the day all the VPs were cut their bonus checks while that very morning two whole departments were given their pink slips. It's a wonderland of corporate baloney where I work. common001.gif

Hmmmm.......let's see....

New plant manager has made it very clear that we workers are riff raff, and are to be kept at a distance from management.

Lower level managers have no interest in actually managing. They would rather do their jobs via their cell phones.

Union leaders won't help you unless you suck up to them, go out drinking with them, and become just as corrupt as they are. Take a stand for doing what is right, and they will blackball you instantly.

And the GOSSIP......it's worse than a gaggle of old ladies at a quilting bee....

fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 18 2012, 03:30 PM)
I could literally FILL this thread with the silly shit that happens on a daily basis where I work. From the lunch thief caught on security camera that turned out to be a manager, to the day all the VPs were cut their bonus checks while that very morning two whole departments were given their pink slips. It's a wonderland of corporate baloney where I work. common001.gif

True story - my last job was for a pretty good company. But it was in construction, so in 2007 we were starting to feel the pinch.

On the SAME DAY some managers were told they would not be getting spring bonuses or raises, the VP's daughter was featured on "My Super Sweet 16". Her party cost well into the 6 figures, and she got a new BMW. Plus the wife was interviewed and announced she'd do same for all of her kids.

Needless to say, that story spread through the company like wildfire in Colorado. Everyone was watching on YouTube. I mean, it was the VP's money and if he chose to flush it down the toilet 1 bill at a time, hey, his choice. JUST DON'T MAKE EVERYONE ELSE WATCH!

The company president/CEO/principal owner was not happy. He sent the VP away for a while; shortly afterwards said VP left the company.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Oct 17 2012, 10:52 PM)
They took away my company cell phone!!!!!!!

But I get 25 USD monthly to supplement my own cellphone but I have to fill out a stupid expense report for it!!!!

Anyway - They also MAKE ME DO STUFF at work. EVERY DAY!!! Geez.

I just....I just wish they took away the free coffee instead of the cell phone. sad.gif

Im sure I cost them more in coffee.

you should get Obama phone