Beyond the Lighted Stage - Unknown Footage?

LaVillaStrangiatoESL

Anybody know where this footage is from (starts at 43:51 and ends at 44:13) as seen in the BTLS movie? Its only a very short excerpt, but it looks like a proshot clip from roughly 1977 and you can just hear that its 'Finding my Way'. I've never seen it before, is there any more in existence? It looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...6-bCOBc#t=2631s

QUOTE (LaVillaStrangiatoESL @ Oct 17 2012, 05:14 AM)
Anybody know where this footage is from (starts at 43:51 and ends at 44:13) as seen in the BTLS movie? Its only a very short excerpt, but it looks like a proshot clip from roughly 1977 and you can just hear that its 'Finding my Way'. I've never seen it before, is there any more in existence? It looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...6-bCOBc#t=2631s

Your link doesn't work, try again.

This has been a mystery since the movie came out.... As far as I know, no one has been able to give a definitive answer...

Kind of frustrating... Could have just been a few minutes of a news segment... but, I'd like to know. Perhaps Sam Dunn could give some insight.

Isn't the best way to date Rush footage by Neil's kit?

Here is an image: looks pre-ATWAS to me? But someone here probably knows better?

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/animate2112/MysteryBTLSFindingMyWay_zpsa552f8f1.png

QUOTE (Animate @ Oct 18 2012, 09:53 AM)
Isn't the best way to date Rush footage by Neil's kit?

Here is an image: looks pre-ATWAS to me?  But someone here probably knows better?

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/animate2112/MysteryBTLSFindingMyWay_zpsa552f8f1.png

That's a good call actually, might actually revise what i originally said and say its definitely pre-AFTK, around about the time of ATWAS (as its the kit thats featured on the cover). Also there's a noticable lack of keyboards near Geddy.

Yeah, would be nice to know if there's any more of that lurking around in the Rush vault. I'm sure they must have some material like that under lock and key (no pun intended tongue.gif )

Its puzzled me since i first saw the movie too. Just struck me as to how well shot it was (in colour no less!) making it better looking than the black and white 2112 tour footage thats already been released

I think it might be post ATWAS but pre AFTK. Because Neil has his Pang cymbal in that clip, which Neil got for AFTK but didnt have before then, not until 1977. However, the heads are throwing me off. They had a AFTK warm up tour, didnt they? That might be it.

The Pang cymbal for the non drummers is the cymbal that was the farthest back on his right.

Edited by Meaninglessphoto

This has been a mystery since the movie came out.... As far as I know, no one has been able to give a definitive answer...

Kind of frustrating... Could have just been a few minutes of a news segment... but, I'd like to know. Perhaps Sam Dunn could give some insight.

I tried to ask him this during a screening in upstate New York a little over a year ago and he was so focused on editing his metal mini-series that had been due out that he really couldn't answer the question.

I think contacting the filmmakers would be the only way to figure out exactly what this footage is

I posted the question when I first saw the trailer because it was footage that I have never seen

Geddy obvisouly knows the camera is there as he makes a gesture towards it

Neil was using those bass drum heads up until AFTK so the best guess would be 2112 / ATWAS tour or the pre AFTK tour in the UK

I would hope that there is way more footage out there. We need a lot more older stuff :)

I may be way off the mark here, but, this looks like a concert shot and broadcast by City-TV (Channel 79) in Toronto ~1977.

Sounds reasonable to me.

They used to due their annual late December/New Year's Eve shows at the Gardens during this period.

I wasn't aware that one of more of these were ever filmed.

If they were, I wouldn't be shocked if this stuff was in the Rush vault.