Out of all the Clockwork Angels songs to leave out

Three Putt

By bad flow- 1. Dreamline and Red Sector A seemed a bit dull because CA material ran a bit long. 2. End of first set was meh. 3. You could argue that a casual fan went from the opener (subdivisions) until yyz, 23 songs later, before recognizing a song. Way too long IMO.

For as surprising and fun the opening set was, the closing set/encore was kind of boring.

I agree. I made sure to groom my friends for the show by letting them know what periods were being represented. Also it sucks that you guys got Wish them Well instead of 7 Cities. We got 7 Cities and it was kickass. That one should really be in the set full-time.

QUOTE (Three Putt @ Sep 19 2012, 01:24 AM)
Quite bummed that BU2B and 7 cities were not in the setlist. Instead we got Halo Effect, Wish Them Well and The Garden. wtf.gif

To make it up the guys sounded great and Headlong Flight was by far my highlite.

Concert overall was a 7/10 IMO. Bad flow.

You must not be aware that there's two sets for this tour? Wish Them Well and Seven Cities are rotated every other night. The same with a few other songs.

QUOTE (Three Putt @ Sep 19 2012, 02:24 AM)
Quite bummed that BU2B and 7 cities were not in the setlist. Instead we got Halo Effect, Wish Them Well and The Garden. wtf.gif

To make it up the guys sounded great and Headlong Flight was by far my highlite.

Concert overall was a 7/10 IMO. Bad flow.

Yhey didnt play the Garden ? Im disappointed.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Sep 19 2012, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Three Putt @ Sep 19 2012, 02:24 AM)
Quite bummed that BU2B and 7 cities were not in the setlist.  Instead we got Halo Effect, Wish Them Well and The Garden.  wtf.gif

Concert overall was a 7/10 IMO.    Bad flow.

Yhey didnt play the Garden ? Im disappointed.

confused13.gif

No, they are playing the Garden every night.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Sep 19 2012, 08:38 AM)
I agree. I made sure to groom my friends for the show by letting them know what periods were being represented. Also it sucks that you guys got Wish them Well instead of 7 Cities. We got 7 Cities and it was kickass. That one should really be in the set full-time.

We got Seven Cities in Pittsburgh and I am very, very glad we did.

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 19 2012, 11:09 AM)
Everyone complaining about Wish Them Well... they played this at Indy, and it ROCKED. I suspect I'll get Seven Cities tomorrow at Columbus. Good song, but to be honest, I'd love hearing WTW again. That's how good it was. To each their own trink39.gif

I agree Wish Them Well was surprisingly good live, but I would love to have heard 7 cities just because I think its a great song.

There are a few songs that should be in the setlist full time:

TSOR

7CoG

Middletown Dreams

Manhattan Project

yes.gif

QUOTE (Three Putt @ Sep 19 2012, 01:41 AM)
By bad flow- 1. Dreamline and Red Sector A seemed a bit dull because CA material ran a bit long. 2. End of first set was meh. 3. You could argue that a casual fan went from the opener (subdivisions) until yyz, 23 songs later, before recognizing a song. Way too long IMO.

For as surprising and fun the opening set was, the closing set/encore was kind of boring.

Are there casual fans that don't know Dreamline? It's still played on the radio today, and was a monster hit when released. Remember, RTB not only reversed a trend of declining sales, it went platinum AND was a huge radio success, the first album to do that since Signals.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 19 2012, 11:47 AM)

There are a few songs that should be in the setlist full time:

TSOR

7CoG

Middletown Dreams

Manhattan Project

yes.gif

7COG is the only song I don't like on CA, and I can't even imagine how Geddy's vocals would be live. I shudder to think.

I keep hoping I am going to see BU2B appear in the setlist. Of all the songs to leave out. It is just such a killer tune...I don't get it. I am thinking because it isn't really conducive to strings?

I don't care for 7 Cities, The Wreckers, or Wish them Well. I could do without those 3 and just hear the rest of the album, but I know everyone is different