Live CD Content

LedRush

What songs will be on the live CD?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What songs will be on the live CD?

• Just a selection from both of the setlists (like R30)
    • Just one of the setlists (like S&A live)
    • All the songs played live anytime on the tour

My hunch is they'll record the live album at their back to back shows in Toronto and pick the best performance of each song... so if that's the case I guess it would depend on if they play the same setlist both nights.

They might do something like the Rush in Rio cds where they stuck the alternate tracks on the end of disc 3 as bonus tracks.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 12 2012, 02:17 PM)
My hunch is they'll record the live album at their back to back shows in Toronto and pick the best performance of each song... so if that's the case I guess it would depend on if they play the same setlist both nights.

They might do something like the Rush in Rio cds where they stuck the alternate tracks on the end of disc 3 as bonus tracks.

Though we didn't get Ceiling Unlimited, did we?

The last option goes without question, but we will probably get what came before. They will film a show and then include alternate songs on disc two.

Edit: Not that that is a bad thing, it is just how it works.

Edited by drbirdsong

I think they should go the "Different Stages" route, record multiple shows, and pick the better performances...and include BOTH the A and B list songs. Maybe it could be something like this :

*Possible SETLIST SPOILER BELOW*

Disc 1:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force Ten

Grand Designs

The Body Electric

Territories

Analog Kid

The Pass

Middletown Dreams

Bravado

Where's My Thing?

Far Cry

Disc 2

Caravan

Clockwork Angles

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Manhattan Project

Dreamline

*drum solo*

Red Sector A

YYZ

Working Man

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

This of course would be for the AUDIO CD release. I think that could work out good yes.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

how about a full DVD and CD of all 29 songs performed? what i mean is that they take recordings from two nights, A and B, and pick the best performances from each night placing the different songs from set B right after or before their corresponding spots in the set. of course they would have to wear the same clothes each night to avoid continuity issues. tongue.gif

i wouldn't be opposed to a compilation CD where they choose all the songs, but from different shows just for the chance of having a recorded live performance from the show i got to (saskatoon).

I think their going to do it like they did Snakes & Arrows. Record one set and have the other songs as official bootlegs. If the set changes completely next year, than just keep adding the songs. Or just drop them if they were played last tour.