Should i go?

That One Guy

Should I buy a ticket to this years' tour?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy a ticket to this years' tour?

• Yaaa
    • Nooo

Don't be afraid of going by yourself, I went by myself to the T4E tour back in '97 in Vancouver and loved it, no distractions between you and the music. Also had to go by myself to Iron Maiden last week since nobody would go with me and had a good time there too. As for the 450 miles, I am pondering that battle too and could still go either way on it. I really wish someone could discover the 2013 list to see if there's something closer.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 6 2012, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 5 2012, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 5 2012, 04:31 PM)
Why do you need a "companion"?

Damn right...I've seen a ton of concert by myself. 2.gif (9) times from what I can figure....

Oh, you're one of those people...playing air drums by yourself in your own little world, others keeping at least 3 feet away from you. Yes, I've seen you before.

laugh.gif

I'll go to amovie by myself, but a concert? no.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 6 2012, 10:51 AM)
Your chances of getting an excellent seat go up when you go alone. Oddly enough on the Counterparts tour when I went alone I was sitting between two women. What are those odds?

Go man go. Get there stand in your seat and introduce yourself to those around you. They're all gonna be Rush fans or dragged there by a Rush fan. Almost all them are good folks.

Good point on tix being better...and cheaper. If I were to go alone I'd buy the tickets at venue, from a desperate scalper trying to unload.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 5 2012, 09:10 PM)
If you really need a Poll to convince you to pay $ 70 to go to a RUSH concert. I say no! Go see someone else! Maybe after seeing 2 other acts for $ 35 each play for an hour or an hour and a half or so you will come to your senses and realize how ignorant your were for even posting this.

bitchslap.gif

You know, this is pretty harsh from someone who consistently posts which songs they are going to play/not play between the announcement of the tour and opening night...

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 10 2012, 09:15 AM)
If you really need a Poll to convince you to pay $ 70 to go to a RUSH concert. I say no! Go see someone else! Maybe after seeing 2 other acts for $ 35 each play for an hour or an hour and a half or so you will come to your senses and realize how ignorant your were for even posting this.

bitchslap.gif

You know, this is pretty harsh from someone who consistently posts which songs they are going to play/not play between the announcement of the tour and opening night...

+1

2.gif

QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Aug 5 2012, 06:40 PM)
I will be attending the Sept 9...by myself. 1022.gif

No you wont, there will be a bunch of people there tongue.gif from here tongue.gif

Edited by ridertoo98

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 10 2012, 08:15 AM)

bitchslap.gif

I stand by my statement. Paying $70.00 for a ticket and traveling to 450 miles to see RUSH, Is well worth the cost! I would rather go on the road trip like that than see any other two band at $ 35.00 a ticket in my home town. Its about quality not quantity. RUSH hasn't even mentioned a date for south Florida and I didn't even hesitate to dish out the cash to go see them in Tampa. Yes its not 450 miles only 301 miles, but if it were 150 miles further I don't think I would have hesitated either. Dude, all I'm saying is man-up, bite the bullet, make a little get away out of it and Spend and Extra $70.00 for a date. You'll probably get some!

Its F*cking RUSH!

fists crying.gif

Its too far! I'll have to fill my tank up twice! I'll have to rent a room!

fists crying.gif

Its RUSH damn it! Not some bubble-gum, Fly By Night, Half-ass, no talented, here today gone tomorrow poser-band.

IT's RUSH!

bitchslap.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2012, 02:36 PM)

bitchslap.gif

I stand by my statement. Paying $70.00 for a ticket and traveling to 450 miles to see RUSH, Is well worth the cost! I would rather go on the road trip like that than see any other two band at $ 35.00 a ticket in my home town. Its about quality not quantity. RUSH hasn't even mentioned a date for south Florida and I didn't even hesitate to dish out the cash to go see them in Tampa. Yes its not 450 miles only 301 miles, but if it were 150 miles further I don't think I would have hesitated either. Dude, all I'm saying is man-up, bite the bullet, make a little get away out of it and Spend and Extra $70.00 for a date. You'll probably get some!

Its F*cking RUSH!

fists crying.gif

fists crying.gif

Its RUSH damn it! Not some bubble-gum, Fly By Night, Half-ass, no talented, here today gone tomorrow poser-band.

IT's RUSH!

bitchslap.gif

I think what you need to realize is that I was not criticizing your opinion on how far one should travel to see Rush and how much that person should pay, but for your treatment of the person who started the other thread.

While I support your position on what he should do, I did not care for the way you treated him...

I'm glad that you would drive 450 miles for a concert. I will not. If that makes me and the op of the other thread less worthy Rush fans than you, so be it.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 5 2012, 03:46 PM)
I'm flying to NYC the day before opening night in Manchester, NH by myself to see a show in Times Square then traveling up to NH on my own.

I'll know several people there but I certainly don't need another person with me to make the trip enjoyable.

I know other people going but I will be in my own section not with them. I can enjoy

rush just fine by myself. Plus, if you go with anyone but the most hardcore fans they might ruin it by talking or eating.

Or, just plain not enjoying the show and acting bored. It sucks when you have someone putting a damper on the show. You don't have to worry about that if you're alone.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 12 2012, 11:49 AM)

bitchslap.gif

Its F*cking RUSH!

fists crying.gif

fists crying.gif

IT's RUSH!

bitchslap.gif

I think what you need to realize is that I was not criticizing your opinion on how far one should travel to see Rush and how much that person should pay, but for your treatment of the person who started the other thread.

While I support your position on what he should do, I did not care for the way you treated him...

I'm glad that you would drive 450 miles for a concert. I will not. If that makes me and the op of the other thread less worthy Rush fans than you, so be it.

No it doesn't make you less of a fan! It just makes the OP affable. I don't think anyone should post a thread like this. Allowing other people to discuss your own personal issues, Allowing others to make up your mind? Influence your decision, finances, your desires. What the hell is that? If you think its to far, fine? Don't go, but don't put out there for eveyone to dissect? This is what you get when you do that! I understand this thread if he were asking for someone to go to the concert with him and since you decided to fight his battle for him you got sprayed with flac over it. Yeah I come accross a bit harsh sometimes, but I wasn't like this until I started posting here! Here you fight for your opinions or you get swallowed up. If people get offended. I suggest they visit theRushChronicles forum. They are way more civil and friendly there!

wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 12 2012, 01:19 PM)

bitchslap.gif

Its F*cking RUSH!

fists crying.gif

fists crying.gif

IT's RUSH!

bitchslap.gif

No it doesn't make you less of a fan! It just makes the OP affable. I don't think anyone should post a thread like this. Allowing other people to discuss your own personal issues, Allowing others to make up your mind? Influence your decision, finances, your desires. What the hell is that? If you think its to far, fine? Don't go, but don't put out there for eveyone to dissect? This is what you get when you do that! I understand this thread if he were asking for someone to go to the concert with him and since you decided to fight his battle for him you got sprayed with flac over it. Yeah I come accross a bit harsh sometimes, but I wasn't like this until I started posting here! Here you fight for your opinions or you get swallowed up. If people get offended. I suggest they visit theRushChronicles forum. They are way more civil and friendly there!

wink.gif

Dissect...hmmm. I thought it was a simple question. Btw, in no way did you offend me. Obviously you didn't offend the op because he has not said anything either. I just wanted to point out that you ask the same types of questions (imo) that he did and you were being critical of him. If anything, I'm enjoying this.

Sorry to get you agitated...decaf works for me.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 6 2012, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 5 2012, 04:06 PM)

Damn right...I've seen a ton of concert by myself. 2.gif (9) times from what I can figure....

Oh, you're one of those people...playing air drums by yourself in your own little world, others keeping at least 3 feet away from you. Yes, I've seen you before.

Hell yeah...get the f*k outta my way..

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 12 2012, 01:19 PM)

bitchslap.gif

Its F*cking RUSH!

fists crying.gif

fists crying.gif

IT's RUSH!

bitchslap.gif

wink.gif

Dissect...hmmm. I thought it was a simple question. Btw, in no way did you offend me. Obviously you didn't offend the op because he has not said anything either. I just wanted to point out that you ask the same types of questions (imo) that he did and you were being critical of him. If anything, I'm enjoying this.

Sorry to get you agitated...decaf works for me.

I don't ask personal private questions like this. My questions are more towards their music and setlist which are open to interpretation.

By the way, I don't drink coffee, imagine if I did!

laugh.gif

Edited by losingit2k