Cleaning a Scratched CD ...

jwoods89

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Aug 1 2012, 08:29 PM)
using toothpaste? I've read online that this method works, can anyone confirm this?

Someone told me that toothpaste worked like 20 years ago. I've tried it on a few cds and it never worked for me.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 1 2012, 06:48 PM)
using toothpaste? I've read online that this method works, can anyone confirm this?

Someone told me that toothpaste worked like 20 years ago. I've tried it on a few cds and it never worked for me.

Just tried it and it doesn't work, although it makes the CD look shiny. laugh.gif I'm just pissed because I bought a used copy of this CD and it won't rip 4 of the songs to my PC because it's scratched. eh.gif

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Aug 1 2012, 09:51 PM)

Just tried it and it doesn't work, although it makes the CD look shiny. laugh.gif I'm just pissed because I bought a used copy of this CD and it won't rip 4 of the songs to my PC because it's scratched. eh.gif

Now it won't rip them because it's covered in toothpaste.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 2 2012, 11:22 AM)

But at least the cds have minty fresh breath now yes.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 1 2012, 07:22 PM)

I didn't one of my CDs with music on it, I just used a CD-R.

I just put my VT disc on the concrete, placed my foot on it and moved it around vigorously. Will let you know if Crest cleans it up....

QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 2 2012, 10:31 AM)
I just put my VT disc on the concrete, placed my foot on it and moved it around vigorously. Will let you know if Crest cleans it up....

That album does need some toothpaste....

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2012, 03:27 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 2 2012, 11:22 AM)

But at least the cds have minty fresh breath now yes.gif

What about the red, white and blue stripy look to it..?

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 2 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 2 2012, 10:31 AM)
I just put my VT disc on the concrete, placed my foot on it and moved it around vigorously.  Will let you know if Crest cleans it up....

That album does need some toothpaste....

laugh.gif goodpost.gif