What Went Wrong?

HigherWater

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 25 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jul 25 2012, 07:08 PM)
You must be new to Rush  rofl3.gif  CA is a fine album, but it is not nearly as good as the CoS -> MP era.

COS and 2112 are so over-rated it's not even funny.

No 2112, no Rush. Even tho I prefer AFTK & Hemis to 2112 as complete albums, 2112 the song is Rush's claim to eternal fame.

You must be new to Rush rofl3.gif CA is a fine album, but it is not nearly as good as the CoS -> MP era.

While most would disagree that CA is THE best Rush album, it is to me and many others one of their best albums and to me their best since Signals.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 25 2012, 07:28 PM)
You must be new to Rush  rofl3.gif  CA is a fine album, but it is not nearly as good as the CoS -> MP era.

While most would disagree that CA is THE best Rush album, it is to me and many others one of their best albums and to me their best since Signals.

I agree! :http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=76151

trink39.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

They're allowed to do whatever they want. They can put a country album out if they want, but people are allowed to have criticisms. That's part of what message boards are for, for people to express opinions, positive and negative. It's not a dictatorship where you can only share positive opinions.

I like the Wreckers because I listen to all kinds of music, and it reminds me a LOT of Coldplay, who I like. Wish Them Well is just total crap to me.

Bottom line is the band has drifted very far away from what many of their old fans loved about them, so you're going to get people that arent happy, especially considering how old the band is and the possibility that this is their last album. Overall I dont think this album is that good, but its just my opinion. I dont need anyone to agree with it, Im just sharing my opinions on it since I dont have anywhere else to vent about it. Its the only Rush board I visit.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 26 2012, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

They're allowed to do whatever they want. They can put a country album out if they want, but people are allowed to have criticisms. That's part of what message boards are for, for people to express opinions, positive and negative. It's not a dictatorship where you can only share positive opinions.

I like the Wreckers because I listen to all kinds of music, and it reminds me a LOT of Coldplay, who I like. Wish Them Well is just total crap to me.

Bottom line is the band has drifted very far away from what many of their old fans loved about them, so you're going to get people that arent happy, especially considering how old the band is and the possibility that this is their last album. Overall I dont think this album is that good, but its just my opinion. I dont need anyone to agree with it, Im just sharing my opinions on it since I dont have anywhere else to vent about it. Its the only Rush board I visit.

To the joy of us all!

tongue.gif

I would admit this, It would be sweet if they would give us something along the lines of "Natural Science" or "Xanadu" again. Something like "The Count of Tuscany" by DT or "Comfortably Numb" by Floyd. Basically, Alex just soloing over a prgression of sustained chords for about 3 to 4 minutes prior, during or at the end of the song. The Garden could have been this song and they didn't extend Alex's solo for a few more measures. Clockwork Angels had the potential to be even longer. Headlong Flight may have been the other and they shorten that. I guess they just don't want to do that sort of stuff anymore if they deliberately steered away from it.

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 25 2012, 04:31 PM)
Even the Counterparts Forum is mostly positive about the new record. I never thought I would see the day. wink.gif  I almost feel sorry for those of you that don't like it. For the rest of us we get to enjoy one of Rush's best records at the finish line of their career.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I truly feel sorry for those who aren't enjoying this amazing new Rush album. It is truly their loss.

And the reason people are liking it on Counterparts is because Rush have defied the odds and made a truly brilliant album farther on into their career than many would have thought possible. Almost everyone can see that.

And for it's worth, when the haters tell me not to feel sorry for them and that it's NOT their loss...

...it just makes me feel more sorry for them and what they're missing out on! tongue.gif

it's hard not to like at least a few of the songs but everyone has a different ear for music. i'm liking about 40% of the album and everything else i'm passing on, but its good to hear they will be playing the anarchist and carnies which are a few of my favorites.