Strings!? (not counting CA)

Torgo Satyr

As you know, Rush is touring with a string section for the very first time! Besides the tracks from CA, name your top 10 choices/wish-list for Classic Rush tracks to enjoy string accompaniment! Here is mine!

1) Losin' It

2) Marathon

3) Manhattan Project

4) Available Light

5) Red Sector A

6) Madrigal

7) Jacob's Ladder

8) Faithless

9) Subdivisions

10) Witch Hunt

Mine is No strings

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 23 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 12:07 PM)
Mine is No strings

"No Strings"? Is that after "Different Strings"?

cool10.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 23 2012, 12:49 PM)
Mine is No strings

yeah i'm sure it'll be cool but i dont get why people are super-excited about it

Who says I'm super-excited? But it doesn't change the fact that it is happening. So, why not throw a "wish list" out there?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 01:46 PM)
i wish they wouldn't add any strings outside of the ca stuff but if alex said that an older tune will be accompanied by strings, i'm betting that it's going to jacobs ladder.

I believe the intention is to have several older songs accompanied w/ strings... this is from the article I read:

"Our intention is to take strings out on the road," guitarist Alex Lifeson tells Billboard.com. Orchestrations, arranged by David Campbell, feature on several of "Clockwork Angels' " tracks, and Lifeson says Rush will employ a small string ensemble, likely eight to 10 pieces, to recreate those pieces and to be added to some of Rush's older material. "It's just something different for us, and I can't wait to hear what it sounds like."

A few years ago, Lifeson specifically mentioned 2112 as a possibility to be played with strings:

There's been talk about getting an orchestra together and doing "2112." That's almost Spinal Tap-ish in concept. But at the same time, it might be kind of cool with a great visual presentation.

QUOTE (Torgo Satyr @ Jul 23 2012, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 23 2012, 12:49 PM)
Mine is No strings

yeah i'm sure it'll be cool but i dont get why people are super-excited about it

Who says I'm super-excited? But it doesn't change the fact that it is happening. So, why not throw a "wish list" out there?

That's right on the money. All these people posting "No Strings" must be seriously wet, because they are all living in:

"The Nile"

spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 24 2012, 04:51 PM)
can't think of any reason why someone would want to hear tears played live with strings

is the point of this thread songs you would like to hear with strings or songs you would like to hear on the upcoming tour in the setlist with strings?

if it came down to picking one out of the 3 above, it would be tears. the others two are absolute sh*t.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 23 2012, 01:49 PM)
Mine is No strings

Gee...I don't know. They've been touring for 30+ years and this is the first time they introduce an orchestra section.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 24 2012, 10:24 PM)
Mine is No strings

Gee...I don't know. They've been touring for 30+ years and this is the first time they introduce an orchestra section.

i'll be sure to buy a tux for the occasion

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 24 2012, 11:27 PM)
Mine is No strings

laugh.gif ....and be sure to bring your opera specs too!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 24 2012, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 24 2012, 11:27 PM)
Mine is No strings

laugh.gif ....and be sure to bring your opera specs too!

hopefully no barbarians will be standing or singing along!

Mine is No strings

Gotta admit, Im really concerned about this orchestra deal. Im fine with the CA songs having the same backup they did on the album, but have zero interest in hearing any of the classics tainted by strings (with the one exception of losing it). Im going to remain optimistic, but this experiment could be a real mess.