Priest - Screaming for Vengence

Steevo

well it depends, if you lean towards what's heavier, the 70s stuff is your thing. if you're more into, I dunno, hair metal or something, 80s priest is your favorite

I'd say the song Screaming for Vengeance or Freewheel Burning are plenty heavy, no? But personally, I've never been a big fan of the stuff where the band sounds like they're having a race to see who can get through the song first, and the lyrics are about the joys of killing your mother, so that's probably why I lean the way I do.

well it depends, if you lean towards what's heavier, the 70s stuff is your thing. if you're more into, I dunno, hair metal or something, 80s priest is your favorite

I'd say the song Screaming for Vengeance or Freewheel Burning are plenty heavy, no? But personally, I've never been a big fan of the stuff where the band sounds like they're having a race to see who can get through the song first, and the lyrics are about the joys of killing your mother, so that's probably why I lean the way I do.

oh it's unquestionably METAL, and screaming and defenders are great records, I just think priest sounds better heavier (which is why my favorite albums of their's are from 1976-1979 and I love painkiller too)

some bands don't sound better heavier. and my all-time favorite metal band is maiden. so it's not all about brutality and gore and satanism and speed for me, but I dig plenty of music like that

I just think it's undeniable that the 80s priest records have a way more commercial sound, and I just prefer the more pure heavy metal approach of sad wings or stained class

oh it's unquestionably METAL, and screaming and defenders are great records, I just think priest sounds better heavier (which is why my favorite albums of their's are from 1976-1979 and I love painkiller too)

some bands don't sound better heavier. and my all-time favorite metal band is maiden. so it's not all about brutality and gore and satanism and speed for me, but I dig plenty of music like that

Funny you mention Painkiller. I have a buddy who loves Painkiller and Dehumanizer because, in his words, they are concrete heavy.

dehumanizer?? I guess it's heavier than most of their 80s and 90s catalogue (nothing touches their 70s stuff in terms of heaviness) but the songs are just average to me. not a bad record, but nothing I really wanna listen to when heaven and hell and mob rules already exist. I even prefer the devil you know to dehumanizer probably.

painkiller is heavy as hell and still has speed, aggression, melody, a lot of things I like about priest's sound. it's definitely a comeback record (after the stinkers turbo and ram it down) and the last great priest record to me.

I just think it's undeniable that the 80s priest records have a way more commercial sound, and I just prefer the more pure heavy metal approach of sad wings or stained class

Ive always felt Dave Holland was the weak link on those 80s albums. The 70s output was just more brutal and less cheesy.

dehumanizer?? I guess it's heavier than most of their 80s and 90s catalogue (nothing touches their 70s stuff in terms of heaviness) but the songs are just average to me. not a bad record, but nothing I really wanna listen to when heaven and hell and mob rules already exist. I even prefer the devil you know to dehumanizer probably.

painkiller is heavy as hell and still has speed, aggression, melody, a lot of things I like about priest's sound. it's definitely a comeback record (after the stinkers turbo and ram it down) and the last great priest record to me.

Turbo & Ram It Down are awful, true.

Yup, Dave Holland is such a weak drummer. I'm with bathory- I love all Priest, but there's no denying from British Steel on it was more commercial. You can even say it started on Killing Machine- which is an amazing album btw.

agreed 100%

god, especially point of entry. what a weak album, it's like a watered down british steel

METAL discussions!!!!! :clap: :ebert: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Aye, about time ay :sundog:

:haz: :haz: :haz:

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :dweez: :haz: :haz: :haz: