Subdivisions 30 years on

tas7

QUOTE (tas7 @ Jul 20 2012, 06:23 AM)
The misfit now goes home gets a gun and returns to blow everyone away.

There was one in April 1982 in South Korea, Woo Bum-kon gunned down 92 people, 57 were killed 35 injured. So it was happening back then too...

And since you're Australian there was one in Australia in 1986, Martin Bryant Killed 35, 21 wounded...

Both of those 1980s incidents are in the top 5 worst gun massacres of all time by an individual. So technically we're getting better, bar last years Norwegian incident, which is number 1...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 23 2012, 01:36 AM)
And since you're Australian there was one in Australia in 1986, Martin Bryant Killed 35, 21 wounded...

Both of those 1980s incidents are in the top 5 worst gun massacres of all time by an individual. So technically we're getting better, bar last years Norwegian incident, which is number 1...

Actually I've got the date wrong, the Aussie one was 1996. It was the Colombian one in 1986, Campo Delgado killed 30 and wounded 15. That's in the top 5 though so it's point is the same...

And of course there was the guy at McDonald's in San Ysidro Cali in 1984, James Huberty. He killed 22 and wounded 19. That one is in the top ten.

So the 80s was pretty notorious for these kinds of insane incidents...

It was here in Tasmania, Martin Bryant just walked around Port Arthur shooting everyone. Might just be me but there seem to be more cases of people losing it, maybe social media is making it more of a problem. People seem to be more intolerant and over reactive.

There was a case recently in the UK where a group of people were eating in a cafe and amongst the group a young girl was crying. A man went up to ask if the little girl was OK. The father of the girl went home and returned to the cafe with a cleaver and hacked the guy to death.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Jul 23 2012, 02:05 AM)
It was here in Tasmania, Martin Bryant just walked around Port Arthur shooting everyone. Might just be me but there seem to be more cases of people losing it, maybe social media is making it more of a problem. People seem to be more intolerant and over reactive.
There was a case recently in the UK where a group of people were eating in a cafe and amongst the group a young girl was crying. A man went up to ask if the little girl was OK. The father of the girl went home and returned to the cafe with a cleaver and hacked the guy to death.

Hmmm I didn't hear about that one...

people have been killing people forever, after a big event people like to look back on the good old days when there was supposedly no murder and before this thing is over it will turn out the shooter is a fan of cheerios and they'll try to ban cheerios or put warning labels on cheerios or something, but i ask myself what good old days? the days of ted bundy? the days of elizabeth bathory, the killer from the 1500s and 1600s?

For me it's the last Rush album i call Great

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 23 2012, 12:26 PM)
What a piss poor thread. There is no way Subdivisions and the horrific mass murder in Colorado by an insane gunman relate or correlate in any shape or form.

Well you know, Rush is going on tour and everyone needs something to talk about laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 23 2012, 12:26 PM)
What a piss poor thread. There is no way Subdivisions and the horrific mass murder in Colorado by an insane gunman  relate or correlate in any shape or form.

Well you know, Rush is going on tour and everyone needs something to talk about laugh.gif

i dunno which is more annoying... "subdivisions....people kill people!" or "hi my name is losingit2k and here's what i think the 2017 clockwork arrows tour setlist will be"