Clockwork Angles: A Literary Perspective

ThinkingBig

Nice posting and a very rational analysis. goodpost.gif

For some reason, I have a visualization in my mind as Headlong Flight being almost like a dream sequence of recalling his life before the spiritual crash of BU2B2. Kind of like after "The Wreckers" he's lying on a jagged beach, broken and battered and half-conscious, and fondly recalls his life, warts and all.

Oddly enough, and on a side note, I have some trepidation about reading the novelization. I think my concern is akin to watching a music video and having it provide me with a different vision of what my mind's eye has already created.

Thanks smile.gif

I'd like to know the Watchmaker's side of the story. Where did he come from, what's his origin ? We know he's not a myth or a figment of anyone's imagination. He is portrayed as a wandering salesman peddling his goods by asking "What do you lack"?

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 19 2012, 05:33 PM)
'Neil and band'?

But I though Neil and Ged were Al's backup band?

that's your take away...?

goodpost.gif

I love the original post... it's exactly my take on the story, except for the hypothesis that "Headlong Flight" is told from the POV of some yet-to-be-introduced character whom we'll read about in the novel. I disagree there (I make the assumption it's Owen talking), but I could be wrong and the OP correct.