CA - Lots of traces of VT/TFE?

WCFIELDS

I sure hear a lot VT and TFE in CA.....more VT though. Anyone else?

Most notables...

-Halo Effect sounds very much like it could come straight from TFE

-BU2B stylistically would fit right in on VT

There are lots of other traces, but to me those are the most obvious..

Edited by WCFIELDS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 1 2012, 05:42 PM)

Most notables...

I hear those two, but a lot of other Rush albums and eras too from very old to most recent.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 04:45 PM)

Most notables...

I hear those two, but a lot of other Rush albums and eras too from very old to most recent.

Would those 2 albums stand out the most do you think?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 1 2012, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 04:45 PM)

Most notables...

Would those 2 albums stand out the most do you think?

Quite a bit, but with more sophistication and substance. Also hear a lot of CP.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jul 1 2012, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 05:51 PM)
I can hear a bit from all their records except the synth era

To me The Anarchist sounds a lot like some of their Synth era tunes if you removed the synths.

Yes, def has a classic Rush signature to it.

QUOTE (RushBowler2112 @ Jul 1 2012, 07:01 PM)
Can anyone hear the Rush in this new album? It definitely sounds like Rush in many parts!

Now that you've pointed it out, I can really start to hear the Rush influence in so many of these songs. I didn't expect it to sound much like Rush at first, but wow! They really surprised me!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2012, 06:11 PM)
hear a little vt but no t4e. whatever blows your skirt up. trink38.gif

Which makes me curious how someone that hates VT can totally love CA... confused13.gif

QUOTE (GoldRush @ Jul 1 2012, 06:55 PM)
"Wish Them well" sounds like T4E (Carve away the stone)
The beginning of "The Wreckers" reminds me of the beginning of "Everyday Glory"

Yes, Wish Them Well was the other song that I forgot to mention that sounds TFE-ish...

since I consider the SONGS* on VT to be among some of the best of the last 20 years it would be a good thing if there were traces of VT on CA.

that being said, CA stands on it's own.

there is no need for me to compare it to previous albums (aside from the obvious nods to BD etc).

*I said the SONGS were among some of the best... the production blows, there is no arguement there. But the songs themselves and the performances are excellent.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jul 1 2012, 06:57 PM)
since I consider the SONGS* on VT to be among some of the best of the last 20 years it would be a good thing if there were traces of VT on CA.

there is no need for me to compare it to previous albums (aside from the obvious nods to BD etc).

*I said the SONGS were among some of the best... the production blows, there is no arguement there. But the songs themselves and the performances are excellent.

I don't mind VT at all....(production aside), it's probably my favorite album since Presto...

Not sure about T4E. I dont hear a lot of that. I think it's closest to VT than any of their other albums, with some S&A thrown in there.

That little folk breakdown section in the title track could have been on S&A, and the prechorus music of 7 Cities is right out of Good News First.

Listen to 1:36 of 7 Cities, then intro of Good News, exactly the same, even in the same key. sad.gif

IMO, there are many "nods" to their past in many places on the record.

What I hear so far is...

Clockwork Angels - The main riff Grand Finale approach, plus the Lamneth~ish ending.

The Anarchist - The riff sounds like Beneath, Between, Behind as if it was on Signals, LOL

Seven Cities of Gold - I LOVE the flanger, and the solid E from the bass pedals in the outro...is Xanadu next!? Tastes from the 70's.

Headlong Flight - The obvious, and admitted Bastille Day reference is great to me!!!

I'm sure there is more as I'm not immersed in the material after HYF, if even that album...

All that aside, I think the Clockwork Angles album is f***ing AWESOME!!!

653.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jul 1 2012, 07:57 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 1 2012, 08:20 PM)
Listen to 1:36 of 7 Cities, then intro of Good News, exactly the same, even in the same key. sad.gif

So you are saying you could write 168 songs and not have a few seconds of any of them sound like a few seconds of any of the others? That would be quite an accomplishment...and an utterly silly expectation.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jul 1 2012, 08:43 PM)
Bottom line---The Album is Freaking great, regardless of what the DWEEB haters say, As far as i am concered they are all blowin smoke. HATE ON girls 2.gif

What's with the Chinese government-esque squelching/ridiculing of anyone who doesn't empty the thesaurus showering the album with praise every minute?

Bottom line---The Album is Freaking great, regardless of what the DWEEB haters say, As far as i am concered they are all blowin smoke. HATE ON girls 2.gif

This guy thinks his opinions should be shared by all. Apparently not a big believer in individualism, which just so happens to be what the lyricist in his favorite band is a big supporter of. Neil would be ashamed of this post.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 1 2012, 08:46 PM)
Bottom line---The Album is Freaking great, regardless of what the DWEEB haters say, As far as i am concered they are all blowin smoke. HATE ON girls      2.gif

What's with the Chinese government-esque squelching/ridiculing of anyone who doesn't empty the thesaurus showering the album with praise every minute?

Fanbois. Thats all you need to know.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 1 2012, 08:47 PM)
Bottom line---The Album is Freaking great, regardless of what the DWEEB haters say, As far as i am concered they are all blowin smoke. HATE ON girls      2.gif

This guy thinks his opinions should be shared by all. Apparently not a big believer in individualism, which just so happens to be what the lyricist in his favorite band is a big supporter of. Neil would be ashamed of this post.

You are so full of shit. cat.gif