For those who dislike/hate CA and modern Rush

Gedneil Alpeart

I think most of us are happy Rush is still creating new albums, touring, etc. However, I would like to know for those who keep whining about the quality of CA and other recent Rush records about how it doesn't meet this or that standard, how it doesn't satisfy your Rush fantasy album, etc., would you have been happier if Rush called it quits long ago instead of "trudging" along making bad album after bad album in your eyes?

I'm not talking about folks who dislike this or that album or who are just critical, but people who clearly do not like ANYTHING that Rush has created in the past 15 or 20 years

Do you appreciate that they are still around creating new stuff and touring, or would you just rather have had them quit making new albums after Counterparts of Test For Echo and only do reminiscence tours without new material like some bands do?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jun 30 2012, 03:43 PM)
Why retire, if they like what they are doing?

If I don't like it, I don't have to listen to it.

My own real wish is that Rush cared about how their albums sound.

I agree. Some people think Rush owes them something, should create their fantasy album that they can jerk off to. I havent liked stuff Rush has done in recent years....feel that the latter half of their career has been more inconsistent.....but if they are having a great time and making music they love, I dont question whether they should keep going or not. They dont make music per my exact tastes and I have every right to pick and choose what I want and dont want to listen to, but dont have a right to judge their existence. Thats just me. Some will disagree.

And yes, I agree that Rush should be a lot more ANAL and demanding that their albums have superb sonic production, not just leave it up to others. Rush should put up their collective middle fingers at the loudness wars......wish they could do that.

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

Ya know what I love about Rush? They're very clear that they record music that they like to play - if anyone else happens to like it, too, well that's just a bonus. I listen to every album through that lens (if one can hear through a lens!). There are albums I love, albums I like, albums I listen to less than others, but I always hear the sincerity and dedication and remain: amazed.

There is no other band like them.

I appreciate every album they make and always hope they have one more in them!

QUOTE (spock @ Jun 30 2012, 07:05 PM)

I appreciate every album they make and always hope they have one more in them!

This x 1000

smile.gif

Edited by KW84

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 01:41 PM)
I think most of us are happy Rush is still creating new albums, touring, etc. However, I would like to know for those who keep whining about the quality of CA and other recent Rush records about how it doesn't meet this or that standard, how it doesn't satisfy your Rush fantasy album, etc., would you have been happier if Rush called it quits long ago instead of "trudging" along making bad album after bad album in your eyes?

I'm not talking about folks who dislike this or that album or who are just critical, but people who clearly do not like ANYTHING that Rush has created in the past 15 or 20 years

Do you appreciate that they are still around creating new stuff and touring, or would you just rather have had them quit making new albums after Counterparts of Test For Echo and only do reminiscence tours without new material like some bands do?

Quit whining. You're embarrassing yourself.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jun 30 2012, 03:43 PM)
Why retire, if they like what they are doing?

If I don't like it, I don't have to listen to it.

My own real wish is that Rush cared about how their albums sound.

I agree. Some people think Rush owes them something, should create their fantasy album that they can jerk off to. I havent liked stuff Rush has done in recent years....feel that the latter half of their career has been more inconsistent.....but if they are having a great time and making music they love, I dont question whether they should keep going or not. They dont make music per my exact tastes and I have every right to pick and choose what I want and dont want to listen to, but dont have a right to judge their existence. Thats just me. Some will disagree.

And yes, I agree that Rush should be a lot more ANAL and demanding that their albums have superb sonic production, not just leave it up to others. Rush should put up their collective middle fingers at the loudness wars......wish they could do that.

Considering all the pleasure I've gotten from listening to Rush the last 3+ decades, they don't owe me a damn thing.

Seriously, good music and good books are the best values in entertainment.