Geddy Lee Article in Aug 2012 issue of Bass Player

Jag2112

Thanks for sharing this; I was beginning to think about searching for it at the newstand.

The usual Q&A for the most part, but I'm most excited about the SHEET MUSIC for Ged's bass parts and the contest to win an Orange amp signed by him!

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 26 2012, 12:15 PM)
I renewed my subscription when I saw this was coming so I'll wait, haha

I subscribed for the first 10 years of the mag's existence and still have all those old issues. I eventually discontinued my subscription because I didn't like the direction the mag was heading... at the end, I found I almost NEVER cared about the bassist on the cover.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 26 2012, 12:20 PM)

I subscribed for the first 10 years of the mag's existence and still have all those old issues. I eventually discontinued my subscription because I didn't like the direction the mag was heading... at the end, I found I almost NEVER cared about the bassist on the cover.

I stopped bothering because the magazine got shorter, more repetitive, full of ads and.. John Paul Jones is great and a legend, but does he need to be on the cover once a year? Things like that got old. But I picked up the last couple issues at the store and now that the Geddy issue is coming, I'll risk another year, especially when it's only $15. That's just over a dollar an issue.. I can't complain. I'll risk it.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 26 2012, 11:53 AM)
I find it funny that they've uploaded EVERYTHING except for the Fan Pack book.

All in due time ... smile.gif

Actually, I've fully scanned and transcribed the Fan Pack/Classic Rock Presents Rush magazine, but I'm holding off on posting them online for a while.

Given the marketing push behind it, I don't want to create any waves with the band's management by posting it early and potentially impacting sales...

So patience -- it'll be posted 'soon'...

I really appreciate that they gave us partial tabs of 4 new songs. Usually, it's Geddy on the cover, an article about the new album, but we're going to show you how to play Freewill... AGAIN!

Also on the Time Machine tour, you played Moving Pictures in its entirety. How did that go, and did it require any special preparation?
That was a real highlight of the tour for me. I loved playing the whole album; I was amazed at how it still flowed after all these years, and I thought the material stood the test of time. I'm sure we'll do something like that again.

P/G in its entirety at R40 yes.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 26 2012, 08:51 PM)
I really appreciate that they gave us partial tabs of 4 new songs.

yes.gif I went home and jammed on that opening bass part to "Headlong Flight."

Usually, it's Geddy on the cover, an article about the new album, but we're going to show you how to play Freewill...  AGAIN!

I remember when Geddy was the cover story for his MFH album, they provided sheet music/tabs for some of the MFH songs.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 26 2012, 12:20 PM)

I've been playing bass since I was 15 but never suscribed to any bass magazine because they always seem to make me feel like I'm either not practicing enough, not skilled enough, don't know enough about music or don't own good enough axes/amps/effects and can't afford most of what they advertise biggrin.gif