Is CA The Ultimate Grower Record?

presto123

Don't get me wrong I liked it right off the bat but there is just something about this record unlike any of their others in that it seems to get better and better the more you listen. I've heard countless people comment on this on another message board. I think the vocal melodies are a little harder to grasp right off the bat but when they click they are oh so good. What you say? wink.gif

BTW: This record has now vaulted to my #4 of all time. I didn't even think that was possible at this stage. confused13.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2012, 07:06 PM)
Don't get me wrong I liked it right off the bat but there is just something about this record unlike any of their others in that it seems to get better and better the more you listen. I've heard countless people comment on this on another message board. I think the vocal melodies are a little harder to grasp right off the bat but when they click they are oh so good. What you say? wink.gif

BTW: This record has now vaulted to my #4 of all time. I didn't even think that was possible at this stage. confused13.gif

That's right where I placed it 2 days after its release--after Hemi, PeW and MP.

Im fine with grower albums. I also love showers as long as they have serious legs like some of their better earlier albums.

I dont know many Rush fans that didnt love Moving Pictures upon first listen, and still love it to this day, which is why it's such a classic, not just for Rush but rock in general.

Same thing happened to me with Secret Samadhi from Live. Their previous album was a serious shower, then they came out with the darker SS, and it failed commercially but many Live fans really grew to love it including myself and it's become a favorite album of mine. I cant see CA becoming a favorite of mine personally but over time I might grow to like it more, just repeated listens forcing myself to like it eventually. Same with Presto. Hated that album at first but like it now.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 22 2012, 06:34 PM)
Im fine with grower albums. I also love showers as long as they have serious legs like some of their better earlier albums.

I dont know many Rush fans that didnt love Moving Pictures upon first listen, and still love it to this day, which is why it's such a classic, not just for Rush but rock in general.

Same thing happened to me with Secret Samadhi from Live. Their previous album was a serious shower, then they came out with the darker SS, and it failed commercially but many Live fans really grew to love it including myself and it's become a favorite album of mine. I cant see CA becoming a favorite of mine personally but over time I might grow to like it more, just repeated listens forcing myself to like it eventually. Same with Presto. Hated that album at first but like it now.

I own a couple Live records but don't actually have Secret Samadhi. Thanks trenken. I will check it out. Always loved that song Lakini's Juice.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 22 2012, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2012, 07:06 PM)

That's right where I placed it 2 days after its release--after Hemi, PeW and MP.

really, before A Farewell To Kings? you know, the album with XANADU on it?!?

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 22 2012, 04:15 PM)
So you're saying it's a grower...not a shower?

a grower in the shower? WHAT?

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 22 2012, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 22 2012, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 22 2012, 04:15 PM)
So you're saying it's a grower...not a shower?

a grower in the shower? WHAT?

That's what she said biggrin.gif

It's not how you grow it, but how you show it..... wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2012, 06:39 PM)

I own a couple Live records but don't actually have Secret Samadhi. Thanks trenken. I will check it out. Always loved that song Lakini's Juice.

Yeah great song. I hated that album when it came out but gave it some time and it really grew on me. I listened to it for many months in a row.

It's very dark and mysterious which is what turned me off to it at first, but ended up being what I loved about it. Great lyrics on that album.

I actually view SS as Live's Presto. Darker album for Rush that I didnt like much at first but eventually discovered what was good about it.

And if you havent seen the live version they released check it out. All kinds of awesome.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 22 2012, 07:59 PM)

Yeah great song. I hated that album when it came out but gave it some time and it really grew on me. I listened to it for many months in a row.

It's very dark and mysterious which is what turned me off to it at first, but ended up being what I loved about it. Great lyrics on that album.

I actually view SS as Live's Presto. Darker album for Rush that I didnt like much at first but eventually discovered what was good about it.

And if you havent seen the live version they released check it out. All kinds of awesome.

Really enjoyed Throwing Copper---Downhill from there .

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 22 2012, 08:12 PM)

You dont like Distance to Here? That's their best album IMO.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 22 2012, 08:32 PM)

I really tried to get into that album, but could not. Very uneven, in the direction, not saying i dislike it, just can't figure it out.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 22 2012, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 22 2012, 08:32 PM)

I really tried to get into that album, but could not. Very uneven, in the direction, not saying i dislike it, just can't figure it out.

other than Dolphins Cry, meh. Throwing Copper was the only great album by them.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 22 2012, 08:51 PM)
I love this album. I am pleasantly surprised of how it flows. I really wanted a couple of instrumentals. But hey, at least they are still kicking some a**!! 1022.gif 653.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

It is a MUSKY. 1022.gif

Based on the early releases of Caravan and BU2B, my expectations were already pretty high. Then the Headlong Flight single really amped me up. I've loved CA from the very first listen, and it has continued to grow bigger and better for me with each successive listen. Can't get enough of it.