Short Rolling Stone Review of CA

Slack jaw gaze

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a pretty well read person with a fairly large vocabulary, but I have never in my life seen or heard the word "koanic". I looked it up on dictionary.com and found no results. Anybody familiar with this word?

I remember kids in HS and in freshman comp who were a little smarter than average and would try to prove it by using as many 50 cent words as possible in their essays. But they didn't really know how to write. This review reminds me of that.

It does seem as though he kinda liked CA, but somehow felt like he had to insult it and Rush at the same time. Whatever...it's just Rolling Stone. I used to read it a while back...but decided I had much more important things to do with my time. Like shoveling up dog poop in my yard.

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Jun 20 2012, 12:20 AM)
There's that F#(&%*G phrase again......".power trio". For crying out loud, get out of th 80's.

Ha...every time I read or hear "power trio", I'm reminded of that limp noodle Rupert Hine saying it in the documentary. Yecch.

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jun 19 2012, 10:08 PM)
It does seem as though he kinda liked CA, but somehow felt like he had to insult it and Rush at the same time.

Welcome to the world for Rush reviews... ESPECIALLY in Rolling Stone magazine. Even if they gave it a glowing 5-star review (God forbid), they'd still find a way to work the phrase "banshee wail" in somehow and call their fans nerds at least 3 times. eyesre4.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 18 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 12:41 PM)
The worst writer on TRF could have done a better job

Let's not get too crazy... hard to write a really good review with fat crayons.

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (odinfellhammer @ Jun 20 2012, 09:20 AM)
I think RS does it intentionally to troll the Rush Fans.

This is now my thinking on the matter, too.

"Watch me put all those rabid Rush fans into a tizzy..."