HD Tracks Version

aharden

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 15 2012, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 10:55 AM)
$20? Not even close to worth it to me for a difference you'll only barely notice on an expensive system.

I bought it, and i can hear you bitching way more clearer bitchslap.gif

Go f**k yourself and dont quote me everytime I type something. f***ing dickhead up my ass all day. Dont you have any hobbies or anything?

EDIT- Nevermind, the dude is over 20 years older than me. Im not arguing with some old cranky bitch.

b_sigh.gif

ranton.gif

Let's just set something straight here, people.

As mentioned in many other threads, this album is not

as dynamic, crisp, or balanced as other Rush works.

This should not, and does not, however, diminish this album's

musical prowess.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 15 2012, 01:25 PM)
$20? Not even close to worth it to me for a difference you'll only barely notice on an expensive system.

Go f**k yourself and dont quote me everytime I type something. f***ing dickhead up my ass all day. Dont you have any hobbies or anything?

EDIT- Nevermind, the dude is over 20 years older than me. Im not arguing with some old cranky bitch.

Ah, canadianice is following you around again? You should be able to block his posts in your settings.

Didnt know that. I never talking to this f***ing guy and he's completely obsessed with me. Literally every time I write on this site he's hanging from my nut sack. When Im as old as he is and if Im harrassing people on an internet message board, Ill just hang myself with my own underwear before I end up like this ***t.

See, I keep seeing "canadianice" and reading it as "Candace", so in my mind it's a middle-age Soccer Mom who is frustrated that her Rush-obsessed husband doesn't pay enough attention to her so she's coming here to take it out on us and has fixated on you. Kind of like how in my mind Treeduck looks exactly like his avatar or sig photos (not buckethead), when he's probably...well...not.

That said, his/her comment was pretty funny.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 15 2012, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (aharden @ Jun 15 2012, 08:13 AM)
@rushtheband just posted a link to the HD Tracks 24/96 "Audiophile" version of Clockwork Angels: HD Tracks - Clockwork Angels.  It's $20 and I'm tempted, but I won't touch these unless they've been mastered with more headroom than the CD.  If anyone here makes the plunge, could you please scan the FLACs with a player like Foobar2000 and post the ReplayGain values?

There is automatically more headroom by virtue of being 24 bit. Bit depth determines dynamic range so there are 8 more bits of dynamic range to play with.

Why wasn't the hi res version available as the fanpack is what I want to know!

You're right that there 8 extra bits of dynamic range, but if the audio isn't remastered to take advantage of the range (as appears to be the case based on several other members' measurements), there will only be the potential for an overall volume change as opposed to extra dynamic range.

QUOTE (maxman5823 @ Jun 15 2012, 04:37 PM)

b_sigh.gif

ranton.gif

musical prowess.

Nobody said it did...Trenken just mentioned that he didn't find the slight change in HD worth the money.

Valid opinion.

Nobody was really referring to the musical prowess of CA in this case.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 15 2012, 04:08 PM)

b_sigh.gif

ranton.gif

musical prowess.

Nobody said it did...Trenken just mentioned that he didn't find the slight change in HD worth the money.

Valid opinion.

Trenken's reaction was pretty over-the-top, though, wasn't it? wtf.gif

Ah, canadianice is following you around again? You should be able to block his posts in your settings.

How do I block Trenken's posts? Serious question.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 15 2012, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 15 2012, 04:08 PM)

b_sigh.gif

ranton.gif

musical prowess.

Valid opinion.

Trenken's reaction was pretty over-the-top, though, wasn't it? wtf.gif

Who cares. It was meant to be. I could have sworn that ass was some 15 year old douche on the internet, then I find out he's damn near a senior citizen chasing me around on this board all day? Come on now.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 02:20 PM)

OWNED. GG GOHL.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 02:28 PM)

Didnt know that. I never talking to this f***ing guy and he's completely obsessed with me. Literally every time I write on this site he's hanging from my nut sack. When Im as old as he is and if Im harrassing people on an internet message board, Ill just hang myself with my own underwear before I end up like this ***t.

Unfortunately, you can't filter out posts from certain people. No "Ignore" feature here.

But if canadianice keeps following people around like this, he's going to find that no one will be able to read his posts.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 16 2012, 12:29 AM)
So I bought the CA LP version tonight. It says it has a HD flac DL and a MP3 DL. Do you think the HD flac included is a 96/24?

I did a download and converted the files using Traders Little Helper. When I put it in my Blu-Ray player it says 44.1KHZ Anyone know what that means?

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 17 2012, 05:10 PM)
So I bought the CA LP version tonight. It says it has a HD flac DL and a MP3 DL. Do you think the HD flac included is a 96/24?

I did a download and converted the files using Traders Little Helper. When I put it in my Blu-Ray player it says 44.1KHZ Anyone know what that means?

If the FLACs were the 96/24 ones they would have been encoded at 96kHZ and 24-bit depth. Sounds like they either aren't hi-resolution, or your utility transcoded them to 44.1kHz.

QUOTE (aharden @ Jun 18 2012, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 17 2012, 05:10 PM)

If the FLACs were the 96/24 ones they would have been encoded at 96kHZ and 24-bit depth. Sounds like they either aren't hi-resolution, or your utility transcoded them to 44.1kHz.

44.1 khz is the sampling rate of CD. If your utility has transcoded down to this then you basically have 24 bit cd quality, rather than 16 bit (which is CD native). Since no more dynamic range is being used, the tracks should sound the same as regular CD.

Why did you transcode them anyway? Your bluray player should be able to play the native bit depth.

Edited by Smegger68

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 16 2012, 03:29 AM)

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned all over, but no, the lp only comes with downloads in mp3 format and standard redbook lossless flac files.