2012 NHL Offseason

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 11 2012, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 11 2012, 08:40 PM)
If it has to do with Wayne Gretzky it belongs in an NHL thread, right?

Wayne's daughter Paulina is below, on the right.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/paulina-gretzky-grown-ups-2.jpg

Daddy paid for the boobjob, I take it? wacko.gif

And your point is?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 12 2012, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 11 2012, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 11 2012, 08:40 PM)

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/paulina-gretzky-grown-ups-2.jpg

Daddy paid for the boobjob, I take it? wacko.gif

And your point is?

Up. blush4.gif

Holy shit, someone actually used offer sheets ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

From Darren Dreger

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Breaking: Shea Weber agrees to offer sheet with Philadelphia. 14 years, upwards of $100 mil. Preds have 7 days to match. Wow!!

Holy balls.

Edit: the exact numbers haven't been released yet, but if the Preds don't match, depending on the cap hit the compensation to Nashville in draft picks will be either two firsts, a second, and a third, or four firsts. Crazy.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

Offer sheet compensation table:

-$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

-Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

-Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

-Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

-Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

-Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

-Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Source

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 19 2012, 01:01 AM)

From Darren Dreger
Breaking: Shea Weber agrees to offer sheet with Philadelphia. 14 years, upwards of $100 mil. Preds have 7 days to match. Wow!!

Holy balls.

Edit: the exact numbers haven't been released yet, but if the Preds don't match, depending on the cap hit the compensation to Nashville in draft picks will be either two firsts, a second, and a third, or four firsts. Crazy.

14 years. Nobody is worth a 14 year contract.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 18 2012, 10:18 PM)

From Darren Dreger

Holy balls.

Of course, this is the same team that gave 9 years to Bryzgalov and a 7-year deal to a 35-year-old Pronger, so...

Kind of sucks for David Poile though. If he matches the offer sheet and keeps Weber (assuming ownership is even able or willing to provide this ungodly sum of money), under the CBA he's not allowed to trade him for a year. So if Weber really wants out, Poile's going to have to deal with an unhappy player on a massive contract who isn't going anywhere until next summer. Rotten situation for everyone involved. And if he doesn't match, he loses Weber and has to start basically from scratch and waste Pekka Rinne's best years on a rebuilding team. The compensation picks would help, but with the strong team the Flyers have, what are the odds those picks will even be in the top 20?

Holmgren really forced the Preds' hand here. Should be fun to watch it all play out.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2012, 12:18 AM)

From Darren Dreger

Holy balls.

the islanders didn't think so. after signing yashin in 2001 for 10 yrs, they gave rick dipietro 15 years worth 67.5 mill. two of the worst signings in the history of the nhl. wacko.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 11 2012, 09:40 PM)

This is apparently from the set of Grown Ups 2. Last Sunday I was at a barbecue in Swampscott, where the filming is taking place. I'm sorry I missed this.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 19 2012, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 19 2012, 02:02 PM)
Seriously, Hawks. Brookbank and Kompon is all you were able to muster this off season?  wtf.gif

There's lots of summer left. Bowman could still trade for Luongo... wink.gif

Heard an interview with him on Vancouver radio not too long ago and he didn't sound dismissive about the idea of coming to the Hawks. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 19 2012, 08:34 AM)

From Darren Dreger

Holy balls.

the islanders didn't think so. after signing yashin in 2001 for 10 yrs, they gave rick dipietro 15 years worth 67.5 mill. two of the worst signings in the history of the nhl. wacko.gif

You didn't actually think I'd defend those two deals because I'm an Isles fan, did you?

There isn't an Islanders fan alive right now that thinks those two deals were any good. Those two deals have been albatrosses around the franchise's neck since they were signed. Like I said, no one is worth that length of a contract.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 19 2012, 08:34 AM)

From Darren Dreger

Holy balls.

You didn't actually think I'd defend those two deals because I'm an Isles fan, did you?

There isn't an Islanders fan alive right now that thinks those two deals were any good. Those two deals have been albatrosses around the franchise's neck since they were signed. Like I said, no one is worth that length of a contract.

To be fair, given how insanely good Weber is, and the fact that defencemen usually age pretty well compared to forwards or goalies, this is about as low-risk as one of these monster deals can possibly be.

That said, I still hope these deals get banned in the next CBA. This is nuts.

This interruption for those fans of other sports...

user posted image

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 20 2012, 11:35 AM)
This interruption for those fans of other sports...

user posted image

That reminds me, I hope the NHL doesn't follow NBA's plan to put company logos/names on jerseys. unsure.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 23 2012, 03:23 PM)
Rick Nash to the Rangers for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, and a 1st. unsure.gif

Rangers back to their old tricks of big signings. Nice to see Rick getting a chance in the other conference.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 23 2012, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 23 2012, 03:23 PM)
Rick Nash to the Rangers for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, and a 1st. unsure.gif

Rangers back to their old tricks of big signings. Nice to see Rick getting a chance in the other conference.

Nash-Richards-Gaborik is one hell of a scary first line, at least on paper...