Roger Waters: The Wall Live

Well, I went to the show this past Saturday night in Toronto.

Needless to say...it was amazing.

Thanks to all of you who mentioned how good it was and how I should definitely go. There was definitely no stretching the truth. It was quite the experience. I would've regretted not seeing it.

Roger Waters can certainly still sing. Great job by him. I'm a huge David Gilmour fan, and wish he'd be part of this...but the guitar player did a fantastic job. I mean, the second solo on Comfortably Numb was one of the greatest solos I've ever witnessed live. Unreal.

Highlights of the show for me:

Comfortably Numb - again, one of the best solos I've ever seen live. Wow.

Young Lust - I forgot how much this song f'n rocks

Another Brick in The Wall (all 3) - always been a fan of these, but they sounded awesome live

Hey You - one of my all-time favourite songs

Run Like Hell - the videos in this one were really cool

The production in general - hearing the helicopters / airplanes circling around my head, and watching the plane flying into the wall was beyond awesome...

Overall, I'm so happy I went. I found it gave me a new found respect for the album. Over the years, I haven't found myself listening to it all that much, but watching this whole production really got me looking at this album in a different light. Just fantastic!

I'm now joining the bandwagon of others stating that you need to watch this show live. It was worth every penny. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 25 2012, 09:20 AM)
Well, I went to the show this past Saturday night in Toronto.

Needless to say...it was amazing.

Thanks to all of you who mentioned how good it was and how I should definitely go. There was definitely no stretching the truth. It was quite the experience. I would've regretted not seeing it.

Roger Waters can certainly still sing. Great job by him. I'm a huge David Gilmour fan, and wish he'd be part of this...but the guitar player did a fantastic job. I mean, the second solo on Comfortably Numb was one of the greatest solos I've ever witnessed live. Unreal.

Highlights of the show for me:

Comfortably Numb - again, one of the best solos I've ever seen live. Wow.
Young Lust - I forgot how much this song f'n rocks
Another Brick in The Wall (all 3) - always been a fan of these, but they sounded awesome live
Hey You - one of my all-time favourite songs
Run Like Hell - the videos in this one were really cool

The production in general - hearing the helicopters / airplanes circling around my head, and watching the plane flying into the wall was beyond awesome...

Overall, I'm so happy I went. I found it gave me a new found respect for the album. Over the years, I haven't found myself listening to it all that much, but watching this whole production really got me looking at this album in a different light. Just fantastic!

I'm now joining the bandwagon of others stating that you need to watch this show live. It was worth every penny. 1022.gif

I was at this same show as well, and I agree with everything you said above!! It was honestly more than a concert, it was truly an event of massive proportions. Worth every penny, and to anyone who has not seen it yet, GO!!!

I went to his first leg a couple of years ago for The Wall as well as the Dark Side of the Moon tour in 2007.

Roger and his amazing band put on an amazing show indeed.

Of course....we all know he is lip syncing half the show. But...he get's a hall pass.

The music was sick. The visuals, the sound. A first class production of epic scope.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 12:03 PM)
I was offered to go watch The Wall Live in a few weeks.

For anyone who has gone to see Roger Waters perform it, is it good?

What can I expect? confused13.gif

I shoulda gone and seen it at pine knob. I haven't seen Roger live but I've got a dvd of him live from about 2004 and the performance was unbelievably tight. His band is world class all the way, and they capture the pink floyd sound better than post-1980 pink floyd.

Based on that dvd alone I think you're in for a treat. If I were a doctor or a lawyer I maybe could afford to go to all the concerts I wanted to go to this summer. doh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 26 2012, 04:23 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 12:03 PM)
I was offered to go watch The Wall Live in a few weeks.

For anyone who has gone to see Roger Waters perform it, is it good?

What can I expect?  confused13.gif

I shoulda gone and seen it at pine knob. I haven't seen Roger live but I've got a dvd of him live from about 2004 and the performance was unbelievably tight. His band is world class all the way, and they capture the pink floyd sound better than post-1980 pink floyd.

Based on that dvd alone I think you're in for a treat.

Are you talking about In the Flesh? That DVD is awesome!

The version of Amused to Death on there is sublime.