Having Amsterdam doubts

wiscel

I am really thinking Rush is making a big mistake by playing at the Ziggo in Amsterdam instead of good old Ahoy in Rotterdam.

The reasons: Ziggo is twice as big as Ahoy, 15000 capacity compared to 7000. Last 2 times Rush played in Holland Ahoy wasnt sold out.

Amsterdam is also a lot further away from Belgium than Rotterdam. Since Rush never plays in Belgium Im not sure if the belgian fans want to drive further to see Rush play.

And last, the price. Prices are getting stupendously high. Tickets are now 40 euros (50 usd) higher since they played here last time. I'm hearing lots of complaints of Rush fans who will not be going because of this, me included.

QUOTE (wiscel @ Jun 8 2012, 08:39 AM)
I am really thinking Rush is making a big mistake by playing at the Ziggo in Amsterdam instead of good old Ahoy in Rotterdam.

The reasons: Ziggo is twice as big as Ahoy, 15000 capacity compared to 7000. Last 2 times Rush played in Holland Ahoy wasnt sold out.

Amsterdam is also a lot further away from Belgium than Rotterdam. Since Rush never plays in Belgium Im not sure if the belgian fans want to drive further to see Rush play.

And last, the price. Prices are getting stupendously high. Tickets are now 40 euros (50 usd) higher since they played here last time. I'm hearing lots of complaints of Rush fans who will not be going because of this, me included.

You're prices are cheap compared the the North American shows where the best seats in the house are going for like $120 (about 100 euros) for most of the shows. You guys have been cut a big break when it comes to that.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 10:01 AM)

You're prices are cheap compared the the North American shows where the best seats in the house are going for like $120 (about 100 euros) for most of the shows. You guys have been cut a big break when it comes to that.

That's on the low end too. Vegas tickets, for example, top out at around $170 for the best seats.

Save up some extra money, I wouldn't miss out no.gif

QUOTE (wiscel @ Jun 8 2012, 02:39 PM)

Yes, we do!

Seriously.

Amsterdam is like the Las Vegas of Western Europe.

People, especially rockers, are always looking for a reason to visit.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 9 2012, 12:14 PM)

Seriously.

Amsterdam is like the Las Vegas of Western Europe.

People, especially rockers, are always looking for a reason to visit.

cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif hotdog.gif burger2.gif pizza.gif bacon.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 8 2012, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 10:01 AM)

That's on the low end too. Vegas tickets, for example, top out at around $170 for the best seats.

Save up some extra money, I wouldn't miss out no.gif

Just checked out Cologne tix and they have standing, close-up for sale at 73 Euros. Not horrible, and very cool that they sell standing tix.

Miss those days here in the States.

Well, I'm glad they are not playing Rotterdam this time, because Ahoy has a terrible acoustic.

They did 2 nights in Ahoy at the SnA tour to make the video, and both nights the venue was filled up good. On the other hand, I think it were the same people both nights (I was)!!!

I think it's a good thing they moved to Amsterdam now. It's a concert hall, specially designed ceiling and everything. So I'm quite confident it will be great.

And I wouldn't worry about getting the place filled up. Amsterdam is much more appealing as a city than Rotterdam. I'm glad I don't have to feed all the people from England who will come to see the show over here, because I really believe they will show up in large numbers. Relaxing, getting A Passage to Bangkok, and some (window) shopping in the Red Light Sector A.

The "Vorst Nationaal" venue in Brussels would be awesome, but it's a long time gone since they played there. Don't think it will ever happen again.

Prices are high, yes, but missing out............. naaaaahhhhhhhh.

Payed $ 250,-- for one seat in Boston. It's my band, and I'm going, regardless the price.

Or as Neil says................

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ Jun 10 2012, 02:50 PM)
They did 2 nights in Ahoy at the SnA tour to make the video, and both nights the venue was filled up good. On the other hand, I think it were the same people both nights (I was)!!!

Me too! smile.gif