Squackett

Thanks PanaceaFish for the link, this sounds pretty good, I'm pleasantly surprised. I was having my doubts, due to Chris' presence, his output of late has been piss-poor.

Maybe it took something a bit different to knock him out of his artistic torpor.

Those in the know, is this a marriage of equals? Or was Chris driving it? Or is it all Steve & Roger King?

EDIT: After 3 listens, bar Aliens(Squire's had this for years), this is all but a Steve Hackett album, with special guest, and jolly good it is too.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

checking out that link! Thanks so much!

After one listen before bedtime I woke up the next day convinced I had dreamed the whole thing. The second listen confirms that it is the progiest prog album for some time. I never knew Hackett could play this good and I'm amazed he kept Squire under such control (or maybe Squire kept himself under control). I expected maybe a nice song or two, but the whole thing is the best thing Squire has done outside of Yes since his first solo album. Even with Clockwork Angels dominating my listening time, this album is staying up there in my "must listen for the next few weeks" list. The vocals are really great.

Aw.., I get it now - Squackett: Squire and Hackett..! facepalm.gif

I was looking on Amazon about CA, and the name Squackett popped up. I didn't get the reference until now.

Thanks, Hatchetaxe&saw! smile.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jun 9 2012, 03:51 PM)
After one listen before bedtime I woke up the next day convinced I had dreamed the whole thing.  The second listen confirms that it is the progiest prog album for some time.  I never knew Hackett could play this good and I'm amazed he kept Squire under such control (or maybe Squire kept himself under control).  I expected maybe a nice song or two, but the whole thing is the best thing Squire has done outside of Yes since his first solo album.  Even with Clockwork Angels dominating my listening time, this album is staying up there in my "must listen for the next few weeks" list.  The vocals are really great.

I'm surprised you didnt know Hackett was a great guitar player. He's been close to the very top for nigh on 40 years. He was "tapping" when EVH was still in his pram and is one of the all time greats.

I love his work with Genesis and his solo albums but I am really disappointed with this album as it just sounds like a Steve Hackett solo album. Nothing new here at all.

Edited by Tony R