The bridge between Caravan and BU2B

LeaveMyThingAlone

This is such a cool Rush thing to do. It's so simple yet for me it works so well. Knowing going into it we already had Caravan and BU2B, they did something very subtle that makes BU2B that much more dramatic. I always loved the way it just starts off rocking but now the way it's formatted on the album, Caravan and BU2B connect and the acoustic little part sets us up very nicely for that opening chord of BU2B and it just rocks so hard.

Then to go into the epic amazing Clockwork Angels is so damn cool. Best opening 18-20 minutes of a Rush album since Side 1 of Moving Pictures. No doubt about it

yeah id have been just as happy without the new intro, barrelling straight into bu2b from caravan would have been just fine, but i'm really diggin the new mixes, particularly the kinda sci-fi sound effects in bu2b... like a little bit of hawkwind in there

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Jun 5 2012, 02:17 PM)
Part of me wishes they hadn't released Caravan and BU2B early. They fit nicely into the context of the whole album, but I tend to skip over them when I listen because I want to get to the new stuff.

That's the real problem here.

Now I have to convince myself that they are apart of the album and adjust to the changes, rather then just hearing the whole new album on day one.

Luckily I can just use Itunes to put the original singles versions onto the album in place of the new ones.

Yeah technology.