KANSAS...the band

launchpad67a

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Carry On Wayward Son and Dust In The Wind. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

But I love Magnum Opus! 1022.gif 1022.gif

I saw their current show in April.They really played tight and sounded great.While we will always miss Steinhardts'stage presence,I felt that David Ragsdale has really become the centerpiece of the live shows.He worked his tail off with violin,guitar and vocal duties.Rich and Phil were as solid as ever.Walsh seemed to conserve his energy for his vocals,with Billy Greer acting as spokesman"What's a Wisconsin Dell anyway"Billy does just fine with Steinhardts'vocal parts.The only disappointment being the length of the show(about 1:30)including encores.With the wealth of catalog to choose from-they would do well to drop the "Eleanor Rigby"business and get to more of the deep cuts from the early albums.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:24 PM)
Anybody (in the U.S.) picking up the newly remastered/remixed/expanded Two For The Show tomorrow? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am!

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jun 30 2008, 10:32 PM)
Anybody (in the U.S.) picking up the newly remastered/remixed/expanded Two For The Show tomorrow?  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks for the tip!

Hope I can find a copy

It's on Best Buy's website, so I'm assuming it will be in their stores tomorrow, too.

Or, it can be ordered from Amazon.com

Anybody (in the U.S.) picking up the newly remastered/remixed/expanded Two For The Show tomorrow?  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I will if it's in stock at my local head shop/ CD store. I plan to trade in my old copy of TftS and the Best of Kansas disc (that I only had for "Closet Chronicles") to get it.

It'll be my birthday present to myself. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tull Fan Too @ Jul 1 2008, 01:43 AM)

I will if it's in stock at my local head shop/ CD store. I plan to trade in my old copy of TftS and the Best of Kansas disc (that I only had for "Closet Chronicles") to get it.

I too got the remastered Best of Kansas for the same reason. wink.gif

Amazon.com has :30 second clips of all the songs, and the new tracks sound killer. Check out the clip for "Child of Innocence"...that clip must be a from an extended intro or something, because that riff is not part of the original studio version. It sounds metal! 1022.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 9 2005, 10:44 PM)
Heard a Kansas tune on the radio today and thought this would make a good topic for Rush fans. I have always considered them one of my favorite bands. I have seen them in concert about 10 times, always an amazing musical show!
Anyone (young fans especially) who have never heard this group, please check them out. Great, great vocals, musicianship and song writting.
Forgot how much this band influenced my music career. A true inspiration! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love Kanses, an often forgotten band of the period they were in. Excellent, and very unique sound.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:59 AM)
QUOTE (Tull Fan Too @ Jul 1 2008, 01:43 AM)

I too got the remastered Best of Kansas for the same reason. wink.gif

Amazon.com has :30 second clips of all the songs, and the new tracks sound killer. Check out the clip for "Child of Innocence"...that clip must be a from an extended intro or something, because that riff is not part of the original studio version. It sounds metal! 1022.gif tongue.gif

That makes me want to buy it even more! 1022.gif

Anybody (in the U.S.) picking up the newly remastered/remixed/expanded Two For The Show tomorrow? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

really? i had no idea trink39.gif im in 1022.gif

Best Buy didn't have it. None of the Best Buys on LI had it. They never even ordered it, even though it's on their website. angry.gif

I went to a small independent record store and they're getting me a copy tomorrow. I should have done that a week ago.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2008, 02:31 PM)
Best Buy didn't have it. None of the Best Buys on LI had it. They never even ordered it, even though it's on their website. angry.gif

I went to a small independent record store and they're getting me a copy tomorrow. I should have done that a week ago.

I couldn't find it anywhere either.

Of course, this IS Alabama. If you want the Travis Tritt Ultimate Collection, or NASCAR's favorite kuntry tunes, then you're all set. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2008, 08:09 PM)
Best Buy didn't have it. None of the Best Buys on LI had it. They never even ordered it, even though it's on their website.  angry.gif

Of course, this IS Alabama. If you want the Travis Tritt Ultimate Collection, or NASCAR's favorite kuntry tunes, then you're all set. sarcasm.gif

Then I will pick up two copies tomorrow...that is, if you would be so kind as to pick me up one of them Travis Tritt CDs. After all, this IS New York. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 1 2008, 11:12 AM)

really? i had no idea trink39.gif im in 1022.gif

I will have to pick that one up for sure!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2008, 08:09 PM)
Best Buy didn't have it. None of the Best Buys on LI had it. They never even ordered it, even though it's on their website.  angry.gif

Then I will pick up two copies tomorrow...that is, if you would be so kind as to pick me up one of them Travis Tritt CDs. After all, this IS New York. biggrin.gif

nasty.gif

if it was a f-n 50 cent remaster you would have 100 in the store trink39.gif

thank's 1001, i am listening to it now. the extra disc is great. 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 3 2008, 06:05 PM)

thank's 1001, i am listening to it now. the extra disc is great. 1022.gif

I have to have it ! I love "Two For The Show" ! Its my favorite live album of alltime. yes.gif atickhum.gif music.gif

KANSAS -mohegan sun [lion's den]

july 23 and 24th

FREE................................................. 1022.gif

Just found out yesterday that they are playing here next month at the Alaska State Fair!! 653.gif 1022.gif

A side note.. Micky Dolenz from the Monkees will also be performing biggrin.gif

Break out the Lucky Charms!! laugh.gif