Testament - Dark Roots of Earth

treeduck

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jul 31 2012, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Jul 31 2012, 11:44 AM)
I wish it was a little cheaper than $15, even if it was like $12 I'd feel better about  buying it.  laugh.gif

Haha I feel the same way, but that's mostly because I have an eye appointment today and I'm spending enough money. But whatever. I still can't wait to pick it up.

Money is tight these days for a lot of us, but this albums seems to be WELL worth the $$$

I've only listened to it twice but this album kicks some serious ass. This is the best album Testament has done in many years. I can't say it's up there with their first three albums but over time I can see myself placing it there if this album holds up well over the next few years. The cover of Powerslave is great, they made the song their own but still remained true to the original arrangement. That is the perfect way to do a cover.

Can't stop listening to this 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 3 2012, 09:33 AM)

Mine's not come yet, but at least it's been dispatched. sad.gif

What are the other cover versions like?

And is the long version of Throne of Thornes better than the short version (not that I've heard either yet)?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 3 2012, 11:29 AM)

And is the long version of Throne of Thornes better than the short version (not that I've heard either yet)?

The longer version just has an extended guitar solo at the end. It doesn't add anything to the quality of the song though. It's still a great tune without the solo.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 4 2012, 08:59 AM)

The longer version just has an extended guitar solo at the end. It doesn't add anything to the quality of the song though. It's still a great tune without the solo.

I wonder who plays it? Peterson or Skolnick?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 4 2012, 01:22 PM)

unsure.gif

I believe Eric plays that outro solo.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Aug 4 2012, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 4 2012, 01:22 PM)

unsure.gif

I believe Eric plays that outro solo.

Cool...

cool.gif

Testament has less than half of the recording budget Rush has yet this album sounds 100 times better than C.A.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 4 2012, 05:24 PM)
Testament has less than half of the recording budget Rush has yet this album sounds 100 times better than C.A.

There's lots of metal and rock albums out these days that sound great with none of the brickwall shite...

I once read that Chuck Billy was an owner of a trucking company. He uses that as a second source of income when Testament isn't doing anything. Maybe he's making more money than we think and can afford to make the production so good. The new Rush is great but it would be incredible if it had the production quality and clarity that Dark Roots has.

My favorite songs on the album are all in a row. Native Blood, Dark Roots Of Earth, True American Hate and A Day In The Death. The whole album is great but that four song run is awesome 1022.gif

I like their cover of Powerslave but every time I hear it I have to go listen to the original right after.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 5 2012, 09:04 PM)

I once read that Chuck Billy was an owner of a trucking company. He uses that as a second source of income when Testament isn't doing anything. Maybe he's making more money than we think and can afford to make the production so good. The new Rush is great but it would be incredible if it had the production quality and clarity that Dark Roots has.

My favorite songs on the album are all in a row. Native Blood, Dark Roots Of Earth, True American Hate and A Day In The Death. The whole album is great but that four song run is awesome 1022.gif

I like their cover of Powerslave but every time I hear it I have to go listen to the original right after.

My copy still hasn't arrived yet...

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 08:28 PM)

fists crying.gif

Can't you buy your CD's anywhere locally?

This album is awesome.....front to back.

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 5 2012, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 5 2012, 08:28 PM)

fists crying.gif

Can't you buy your CD's anywhere locally?

This album is awesome.....front to back.

No record shops in general suck ass these days, especially for stuff like a new testament album...

smash.gif

Yep, Chuck has cash from his company but i don't think he is footing the bill for the album . He is the one in that band with the big house and nice cars and not from music.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 6 2012, 08:32 AM)
I'm digging this a lot. The show is tempting... too bad I'm going to enough concerts this year.

I'm guessing since you're up in Canada you are referring to the Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel tour that's coming there next month, right? I saw this bill last November and it was awesome. Do what you can to see this show 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 6 2012, 07:56 AM)

Yep, Chuck has cash from his company but i don't think he is footing the bill for the album . He is the one in that band with the big house and nice cars and not from music.

laugh.gif

It's funny to think how good Testament is and it's not even Chuck's main source of money.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2012, 12:00 PM)
Hey you RUSH metal poodles...I'VE GOT IT! I've got my CD/DVD copy in my hands right now! ohmy.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif