What song from AFTK do you want to hear?

beherit

what song niggaz?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. what song niggaz?

• A Farwell to Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnus X-1

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ May 30 2012, 10:27 AM)
Why are there so many votes for Xanadu? I mean, I love Xanadu just as much as the next Rush fanatic, but why not something more rare? Cinderella Man or Cygnus X-1 in full ftw people.

Meh. We're just being realistic. Geddy himself says he can't sing AFTK anymore, and Cygnus can't be any easier. I'd be happy to never hear CTTH played anymore, and Madrigal and Cinderella Man would just be boring live

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure Cinderella Man would be boring live? That super is super upbeat and fast at times. Has a great bridge and solo. Idk I think if you want to be realistic and say, AFTK and Cygnus are out, sure, but Cinderella man would be a great one to pull out of the vault.

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ May 31 2012, 07:23 AM)
How do you figure Cinderella Man would be boring live? That super is super upbeat and fast at times. Has a great bridge and solo. Idk I think if you want to be realistic and say, AFTK and Cygnus are out, sure, but Cinderella man would be a great one to pull out of the vault.

confused13.gif I just really can't see them playing it

1. AFTK

2. Cygnus X-1

3. Xanadu

What an incredible album. I would love to hear each and every song off of this album (although I think I would prefer not to hear Closer To The Heart - as I would rather than be replaced by an older 'b-side' tune)

I only enjoy hearing Xanadu and Closer to the Heart from this album (although I haven't come back to take a look at the other songs in a long time), and since Closer to the Heart is heard ALL the time, I would love to see Xanadu. I know people say they want the entire thing or nothing. That's just silly. Something is better than nothing and I would gladly take it.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 25 2012, 06:02 PM)
Xanadu's the only one that actually seems like a possibility (besides CTTH of course).

edit: ...and Alex (or was it Geddy?) recently stated that they're definitely thinking about bringing the doublenecks back on stage. What else could that possibly mean? laugh.gif

Wasn't Rivendell played on a double neck..?

doh.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 26 2012, 07:11 AM)
XANADU.

I would've voted for the title track but I read somewhere that they tried to rehearse it for the R30 tour but Geddy couldn't sing it. If he couldn't do it eight years ago he sure as hell can't do it now. Xanadu is still a strong possibility though.

If they just tuned it down a bit I think they could play the title track

I'm not sure if they played it in standard tuning or they tuned it down when they tried rehearsing AFTK, but if Geddy couldn't sing it detuned, then there's definitely no chance of it being played live.

Oh, and I also voted for Xanadu, in full of course, but if they only play an extract of it a la R30, I'll be fine with that as well.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 1 2012, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 25 2012, 06:02 PM)
Xanadu's the only one that actually seems like a possibility (besides CTTH of course).

edit: ...and Alex (or was it Geddy?) recently stated that they're definitely thinking about bringing the doublenecks back on stage. What else could that possibly mean?  laugh.gif

Wasn't Rivendell played on a double neck..?

doh.gif

If they pulled out Rivendell count me in the mass-exodus-to-the-bathroom group tongue.gif

Luckily there's never a line for the women's restroom

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 1 2012, 06:32 PM)
If they pulled out Rivendell count me in the mass-exodus-to-the-bathroom group  tongue.gif

It would be incredible. Picture it: Neil goes off for his post-drum-solo break as Geddy and Alex sit down with their acoustics. Instead of playing the dull and expected Resist, they start strumming Rivendell. I'd be the most psyched person there (and perhaps the only person there, if these predictions of bathroom pilgrimages prove accurate).

QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 2 2012, 12:32 AM)
Nothing would be great. Too many modern songs that haven't been played live yet to do first.

blush4.gif

f**k that! ALL of this album should be played live and you better go back to living inside this game Mr Carmageddon himself!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/16/Carmageddon_box.jpg

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2012, 10:04 AM)
Nothing would be great. Too many modern songs that haven't been played live yet to do first.

blush4.gif

f**k that! ALL of this album should be played live and you better go back to living inside this game Mr Carmageddon himself!!

That was an awesome game! cool.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 2 2012, 04:50 AM)

blush4.gif

You're that crazy bald guy in the picture aren't you? ohmy.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2012, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 2 2012, 04:50 AM)

blush4.gif

You're that crazy bald guy in the picture aren't you? ohmy.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

damn...I've been recognised ohmy.gif