Clockwork Angels set

losingit2k

Since the set is already steampunk, I doubt they will change it. Maybe they'll add a few things.....

I love the skits! They are funny, creative guys. Sometimes they need to branch out. Why not? If they're having fun, then I'M having fun! trink39.gif

Far Cry

Limelight

New World Man

Vapor Trail

YYZ

Presto

Digital Man

BU2B

Freewill

The Analog Kid

Clockwork Angels

The Trees

Subdivisions

Caravan

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Losing It

Leave That Thing Alone

drum solo

2112 (overture/temples of syrinx/grand finale)

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I can see them going down the route of having a intro film based on the album theme (only maybe a bit more lighthearted!), then opening with Caravan. It's got that opening song feel in my opinion, an eerie, quietish beginning, before breaking into a powerful, hard-hitting riff.

They could do amazing things with the light show there as well. I'm thinking complete darkness, then flashes of light on each of the "dung-dung"s, and then blast the stage with light on the first note of the riff 1022.gif

So here is my crack at a CW setlist, the show would be a bit over 3 hours with plenty of time for Ged to rest his vocals, all of CW, a lot of

stuff we have not heard in a while (but on a lot of wishlists) without overdoing any one album (other than CA) and retiring overworked songs that I am sure you would not even miss and a whole lot of jamming! Only two albums are omitted and by most posts they are often seen as the weakest of the lot.

Set 1

Video: The sketches for this tour are set in a steampunk world controlled by the Clockmaker with Geddy playing a deranged alchemist,

Neil as a Carnie, Alex as an Anarchist and Nick R. as the Clockmaker. Plenty of Rush references could be built into these scenes.

The first begins with the three meeting in Geddy's alchemy lab and Al the Anarchist shows them something strange he found - an electric guitar!

They do not know what to make of it and they try to learn what it does. Neil and Geddy try convince Al to take the guitar to the Clockmaker.

Far Cry 5:18

Vapor Trail 4:58

Lock and Key 5:10

Cold Fire 4:26

Workin' Them Angels 4:46

Cut To The Chase 4:49

Time and Motion 5:01

The Body Electric 5:02

Marathon 6:09

Driven 4:27

One Little Victory 5:09

Set 2

Video: This scene is a steampunk version of when the heroes encounter the wizard in "A Wizard of Oz" and present the guitar to the Clockmaker.

The Clockmaker rudely says "Don't annoy me further! I have clocks to make, forget about that silly thing, go away for goodness sake!". And banishes them.

Caravan 5:40

BU2B 5:10

Clockwork Angels 7:31

The Anarchist 6:52

Carnies 4:52

Halo Effect 3:14

Seven Cities of Gold 6:32

The Wreckers 5:01

Headlong Flight 7:20

BU2B2 1:28

Wish Them Well 5:25

The Garden 6:59

Set 3

Video: Al the Anarchist shows improvement on his new instrument but it is not LOUD enough. The boys start looking for some inventive steampunk ways to power the guitar.

First Four Jam 15:00+/- (instrumental, maybe some Geddy "hey, hey, hey's)

i. Anthem

ii. Bastille Day

iii. Something For Nothing

iv. What Your'e Doing

v. Necromancer

vi. By-Tor and the Snow Dog

vii. Beneath, Between and Behind

viii. Finding My Way

Next Four Jam 15:00+/- (instrumental thru YYZ)

i. Closer To The Heart

ii. Freewill

iii Circumstances

iv. YYZ (w/ drum solo)

v. Different Strings (acoustic) (w/ vocals)

vi. A Farewell to Kings (w/ vocal beginning and instrumental jam end)

Jacob's Ladder 7:29

2112 9:00

i. Overture

ii. Temples of Syrinx

vii. Grand Finale

Encore Set

Video: The Clockmaker hears of Al's work on the guitar and is interested in recording him but does not have the technology. The guys propose to

just play a show and give the people what they want.

Hemispheres Prelude 3:55

Xanadu (complete!!!) 11.08

Mystic Rhythms 5:54

Video: We see the guys working on powering the guitar with steam (to the sound of Neil's cymbals) and all of a sudden Al shouts out "I know what we need, ELECTRICITY!", to Neil's reply of "BIOLOGY", to Geddy's very sarcastic Alchemist saying "Seems to me it's CHEMISTRY!"

Chemistry 4:57 (w/ cool jammy end)

Video: Geddy saying "SEE, I told you it was Chemistry!"

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 18 2012, 12:21 PM)
Far Cry
Limelight
New World Man
Vapor Trail
YYZ
Presto
Digital Man
BU2B
Freewill
The Analog Kid
Clockwork Angels
The Trees
Subdivisions

Caravan
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Leave That Thing Alone
drum solo
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I would see that show.

2.gif

QUOTE (The Omega Concern @ May 18 2012, 03:03 PM)
So here is my crack at a CW setlist, the show would be a bit over 3 hours with plenty of time for Ged to rest his vocals, all of CW, a lot of
stuff we have not heard in a while (but on a lot of wishlists) without overdoing any one album (other than CA) and retiring overworked songs that I am sure you would not even miss and a whole lot of jamming! Only two albums are omitted and by most posts they are often seen as the weakest of the lot.

Set 1

Video: The sketches for this tour are set in a steampunk world controlled by the Clockmaker with Geddy playing a deranged alchemist,
Neil as a Carnie, Alex as an Anarchist and Nick R. as the Clockmaker. Plenty of Rush references could be built into these scenes.

The first begins with the three meeting in Geddy's alchemy lab and Al the Anarchist shows them something strange he found - an electric guitar!
They do not know what to make of it and they try to learn what it does. Neil and Geddy try convince Al to take the guitar to the Clockmaker.

Far Cry 5:18
Vapor Trail 4:58
Lock and Key 5:10
Cold Fire 4:26
Workin' Them Angels 4:46
Cut To The Chase 4:49
Time and Motion 5:01
The Body Electric 5:02
Marathon 6:09
Driven 4:27
One Little Victory 5:09

Set 2

Video: This scene is a steampunk version of when the heroes encounter the wizard in "A Wizard of Oz" and present the guitar to the Clockmaker.
The Clockmaker rudely says "Don't annoy me further! I have clocks to make, forget about that silly thing, go away for goodness sake!". And banishes them.

Caravan 5:40
BU2B 5:10
Clockwork Angels 7:31
The Anarchist 6:52
Carnies 4:52
Halo Effect 3:14
Seven Cities of Gold 6:32
The Wreckers 5:01
Headlong Flight 7:20
BU2B2 1:28
Wish Them Well 5:25
The Garden 6:59

Set 3

Video: Al the Anarchist shows improvement on his new instrument but it is not LOUD enough. The boys start looking for some inventive steampunk ways to power the guitar.

First Four Jam 15:00+/- (instrumental, maybe some Geddy "hey, hey, hey's)
i. Anthem
ii. Bastille Day
iii. Something For Nothing
iv. What Your'e Doing
v. Necromancer
vi. By-Tor and the Snow Dog
vii. Beneath, Between and Behind
viii. Finding My Way
Next Four Jam 15:00+/- (instrumental thru YYZ)
i. Closer To The Heart
ii. Freewill
iii Circumstances
iv. YYZ (w/ drum solo)
v. Different Strings (acoustic) (w/ vocals)
vi. A Farewell to Kings (w/ vocal beginning and instrumental jam end)
Jacob's Ladder 7:29
2112 9:00
i. Overture
ii. Temples of Syrinx
vii. Grand Finale

Encore Set

Video: The Clockmaker hears of Al's work on the guitar and is interested in recording him but does not have the technology. The guys propose to
just play a show and give the people what they want.

Hemispheres Prelude 3:55
Xanadu (complete!!!) 11.08
Mystic Rhythms 5:54

Video: We see the guys working on powering the guitar with steam (to the sound of Neil's cymbals) and all of a sudden Al shouts out "I know what we need, ELECTRICITY!", to Neil's reply of "BIOLOGY", to Geddy's very sarcastic Alchemist saying "Seems to me it's CHEMISTRY!"

Chemistry 4:57 (w/ cool jammy end)

Video: Geddy saying "SEE, I told you it was Chemistry!"

Crack, being the key word cool10.gif

I don't know what they'll be playing except the staples. If they do all of CA and tour with a string section it might look like this:

set 1:

Far Cry

Clockwork Angels (Entire) ***(With String Section)

Set 2:

Analog Kid

Limelight

Digital Man

Jacobs Ladder ***

Madrigal ***

Tears ***

Losing It ***

Manhattan Project***

The Weapon

New World Man

YYZ/ Drum Solo

Alex Solo/ Different Strings ***

Freewill

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 )Overture/ Temples/ Fianle)

Encore:

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

If they don't do Ca in its Entirety and they have no string section touring, this is what I'm wishing for:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Where's My Thing?

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

Digital Man

The Weapon

Cut to the Chase

The Anarchist

Carnies

Dreamline

Freewill

YYZ

Set 2:

Analog Kid

Limelight

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

Lock and Key

Middletown Dreams

The Wreckers

New World Man

Mal Nar/ Drum Solo

Alex Solo( BU2B2)/

Headlong Flight

The Garden

2112 Overture/ Temples

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Well, from the recent interview in Classic Rock magazine (Rush: The Rise and Rise of the World's Biggest Cult Band), it sounds like those of you who don't want the skits will be disappointed:

"Nobody takes the piss out of themselves to the extremes that we do: says Geddy. It's early evening and conversation has turned to the film shorts that are regular highlights of the band's live show. Lifeson, who has something of a minor acting sideline going on - watch out for him soon as Dr Figg opposite Billy Boyd in the adaptation of Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy is, everyone agrees, very keen to get in front of the camera.

"I don't care what else he acts in," says Geddy, "he always acts best in our films. I always think of the most ridiculous get-ups for him. 'Al, how about you be a real fat guy?' He really takes to it. Those three characters that appeared in the films from the Time Machine tour are the three essential character aspects of us.

"When we designed those characters, I wanted them to represent the inner us: inside Big Al is this big, fat, crazy inventor, who loves to eat - that's Al. And Neil's got the furrowed-brow Irishman with the Waspy background and I'm this crazy sausage maker! The wigs are very good too.

"I think it's fun, and sometimes it's funny to watch the audience, especially somewhere like Helsinki - some things don't cross the language barrier. You look out and it's this sea of perplexed faces, an audience of bewilderment. We're going to continue to make them. I hope people like them! The first time I saw Jethro Tull was on the Thick As A Brick tour and they were so good playing-wise, but their production was so much fun - they had a sense of humour that kept occurring and it really stayed with me as what a lovely bonus to give an audience that's sitting there for three hours listening to this intense music - and our music is a little on the bombastic side, so I think it's nice to give some candy. It's nice to see them smiling."

Aww, I like to see the guys smile, and I'm glad they feel the same way about us. I for one like the skits, so I'll be smiling for sure biggrin.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 15 2012, 08:51 PM)
I'm expecting more of the same from the TTMT, (Steampunk & Pyros), but I'm hoping they include some lasers this time around!

653.gif

Lasers means Dreamline. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ May 21 2012, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 15 2012, 08:51 PM)
I'm expecting more of the same from the TTMT, (Steampunk & Pyros),  but I'm hoping they include some lasers this time around!

653.gif

Lasers means Dreamline. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

That would be awesome, the only thing missing from the TTMT. Anyway they guys claim this:

Geddy Lee (vocals/bass), Alex Lifeson (guitar) and Neil Peart (drums) tell us that the stage production will be one of the greatest in Rush's entire history!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 18 2012, 12:21 PM)
Far Cry
Limelight
New World Man
Vapor Trail
YYZ
Presto
Digital Man
BU2B
Freewill
The Analog Kid
Clockwork Angels
The Trees
Subdivisions

Caravan
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Leave That Thing Alone
drum solo
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato 

I would see that show.

2.gif trink39.gif