3D technology

You couldn't do it, There's a speical device at theaters that makes the movie synch to the crystals in your 3D glasses. However, I've always felt they should record a concert in 3D, then you can enjoy it at home if you have a 3D TV. My Parents have one and its incredibly clear. It would be awesome to see RUSH in the medium!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If I have to wear 3D glasses at a concert, I will demand a refund for being sold glorified movie tickets at concert ticket prices.

Ged: "Put on your 3D glasses for this part."

Me: "WTF, I came to see you live. THAT'S THE 3D!!!!"

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 1 2012, 04:00 PM)
I can't facepalm this hard enough. Both the idea and that ANNOYING F'ING GIF.

wacko.gif

I actually couldn't finish reading OP's entire post because that GIF is so distracting.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 1 2012, 08:39 PM)
If I have to wear 3D glasses at a concert, I will demand a refund for being sold glorified movie tickets at concert ticket prices.

Ged: "Put on your 3D glasses for this part."

Me: "WTF, I came to see you live. THAT'S THE 3D!!!!"

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 1 2012, 07:29 PM)
This thread makes me facepalm. Hard. You'd have to wear 3D glasses which would obscure your vision of the real 3D...THE PEOPLE PLAYING THE MUSIC.

3D movies are bad enough. Please no 3D concerts.

Not to mention, 3D only works at certain angles and distances. If you're too askew or too far back in the venue, all you're going to see is a vaguely blurry image on the screen. You're certainly not going to get the "OMG IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!" effect - not by a long shot.

Man tough crowd this week, is the album out yet?

I think it's a really interesting idea . Rush has always gone all our to put on a great concert experience, and I don't just mean the musicianship.

Lasers, pyro, big screen antics, edited to add that awesome trippy UFO lighting from S&A Between the Wheels performance.... Really if Howard DID decide to do something along the lines, you can sure as hell expect it would be amazing! They never make it the main focus of the show but use these devices to accentuate the cool10.gif of it all. Think about it from an artistic standpoint, with a live stage performance and a screen that big, integrated with all the other lighting and bells and whistles what sort of mind blowing coolness they could come up with!

trink39.gif to the topic creator. To most of the rest of you I might suggest a long relaxing... *fiddles* ... geez, no poop icon?

Edited by Godeater2112

Please, for love of all that is good. NO................. 1287.gif

Oh, and to address the question:

It's already in 3-D and the technology for the glasses are called binoculars. Get those badboys on and it'll be like Ged's playing right there in front of you. Best 3-D glasses on the market.

On the Snakes tour, during their gig in Toronto at the Molson Amphitheatre, at the start of the second set, they brought out some 3D camera's, and were filming a couple of tunes, and shots of the audience. ( Geddy's side ).

They only filmed for a couple of songs, and post show, it was mentioned that it was a bit of an experiment, and that they guys hadn't yet decided what (if anything) they would do w' the material.

I've often wondered what became of that footage.

QUOTE (Phantom @ May 5 2012, 01:40 PM)
On the Snakes tour, during their gig in Toronto at the Molson Amphitheatre, at the start of the second set, they brought out some 3D camera's, and were filming a couple of tunes, and shots of the audience. ( Geddy's side ).

They only filmed for a couple of songs, and post show, it was mentioned that it was a bit of an experiment, and that they guys hadn't yet decided what (if anything) they would do w' the material.

I've often wondered what became of that footage.

They probably locked it away like they did with all of the footage from the Presto-T4E tours. As I understand it, they record a LOT of their performances to see where they can improve and then they archive the footage for future reference.